American Airlines workers secure new ...

American Airlines workers secure new contract

There are 26 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Oct 27, 2011, titled American Airlines workers secure new contract. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

A late-night bargaining session secured a new tentative contract between American Airlines and certain union workers, the sides announced Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Another BK

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Nov 3, 2011
Just because you have taken a previous paycut doesn't mean there won't be more. The company will propose a plan to the BK judge that will allow it to become profitable. I would say another 20% would be high but another 10% is not out of the question and probably a reality. AA is losing a lot of money and previous cuts obviously weren't enough. So you would have to add similar cuts in payroll, benefits and personel to finally make a dent in those losses given today's fuel costs eating away at potential gains. Let alone the near term debt payments that have been written about. If the Unions don't negotiate outside of BK then it will be taken away at a greater degree, Outsourcing etc. Other than that you can fall on the sword like those AMFA idiots at Northwest. That turned out well for them.
osnam

Dhaka, Bangladesh

#22 Mar 30, 2012
American has tried to screw the unions again. They will vote no. This basically the same agreement they sent to the membership last time and it was voted down. Arpey you need to step down before you ruin a great airline with a great history.
Toad

Houston, TX

#23 Mar 30, 2012
See what your UNIONS got you!?!?!?!?

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#24 Mar 31, 2012
Toad wrote:
See what your UNIONS got you!?!?!?!?
OK we get it, you are anti union.... You are somewhat less racist but just as annoying as Angry White United Pilot. This is the last time I will be replying to anything you have to say. In a battle of wits it's not fair to take on the unarmed.
Toad

UK

#25 Mar 31, 2012
Prost wrote:
<quoted text>OK we get it, you are anti union.... You are somewhat less racist but just as annoying as Angry White United Pilot. This is the last time I will be replying to anything you have to say. In a battle of wits it's not fair to take on the unarmed.
Ah me Sir you do me wrong. I do not live/visit/work in Houston and have never made such admonishments that are unseemly or naked in repose. In other words..........ur Houston 'Toad' is a bait and you took it. Now if the post came from AMS,LHR,LOS,CDG,SCL,GRU,GIG etc then you might have me pinned. Don't be so gullible. I have never posted I am anti union. I was/am anti AFA for DAL FA representation. They are corrupt and after the 7 yr debacle in PHX they have no redeeming value.
realworld

Albuquerque, NM

#26 Mar 31, 2012
An employer owes the employees a good wage and respectful treatment. Not huge perks for the hours they don't work.
In time the union employee demands enough perks that they hit the GLASS CEILING. No matter, they are entitled to their perks, just ask them.
I was a union carpenter. Every two years at a given date, our contract was up and had to be renewed. Suddenly it was the rich contractor vs. the poor worker. One day, the contractor said you guys know where the jobs are located...we pay this an hour, see you on the job. Everything worked just fine from then on. Just say'n

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

AMR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rolls-Royce, American Airlines to dissolve Texa... Sep '15 Prospective Passe... 1
News American Air, union reach tentative pacts for U... (Jun '14) Jun '14 cableguy 1
News American Airlines' parent earns $289 million in... (Oct '13) May '14 MERS on AA omg 10
News Tom Horton will step down as American Airlines ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Toad 4
News Supreme Court Won't Hear AMR, U.S. Bank Make-Wh... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Clem CadidleHopper 1
News American Airlines posts $2 billion loss on charges (Jan '14) Jan '14 AA for life 2
News American Eagle To Change Name (Jan '14) Jan '14 jason 4
More from around the web