being a greeting card merchandiser
Noelle schiller

Garden Grove, CA

#46 Apr 19, 2009
I am looking for representative for my greeting card line. My website is being rebuild. any interested pls email me at noelle@ilovemeowmeow.com

Thanks
Noelle
Emily

Bellwood, PA

#47 Jul 27, 2009
I already do merchandising for gallent greeting cards but also would like to do either hallmark or american greeting.
Nate

Columbia, SC

#48 Sep 11, 2009
So i filled out the application, but it never asked for a specific location. does the computer automatically send it to the place in witch you want to work ?
Heather

Boiling Springs, SC

#49 Jan 21, 2010
I too thought what a great little part-time job but there is a lot more to it. You are only given a certain amount of time to get the job done and you're fitting fire to get it done in the time frame. I feel like a UPS driver with a McDonalds salary.
Heather

Boiling Springs, SC

#50 Jan 21, 2010
oops. fighting instead of fitting
Sharon

Mayhill, NM

#51 Jan 27, 2010
I am in the Artesia area and am interested in your part time position. I am hunting part time employment and would like very much to hear from you.I may be reached at papercrane5@aol.com
Candice Hall

AOL

#52 Feb 8, 2010
For those of you who arent sure who to get ahold of for AG Merchandiser I saw an ad in newspaper with an email to send questions and locations. It is agmerchandisers@yahoo.com. I hope that helps someone.
Leigh

Germantown, TN

#53 Feb 16, 2010
I have worked as a greeting card merchandiser for several months now and I agree with Heather - extremely hard work for very low pay - they start at minimum and may pay slightly more based on experience. I feel like it is a lot of heavy lifting - I do a major account - and have experienced some back troubles already. The biggest problem I have is that they work you like a dog by expecting tons of work withing a very short time frame. And if you go over your hours, they are not willing to pay you for the work. Needless to say, I have one foot out the door already. I would not recommend this job to a friend of mine.
cheryl

Boiling Springs, SC

#54 Mar 5, 2010
Leigh and Heather are so right. This company is such a disappointment. No wonder there is such a high turn over rate. There is no way to get the job done in the amount of time that is allowed. I figured the other day, I have almost 8 hours to do store but I have to go four times. That means 15.00 each time I go...before taxes...and not including gas and wear and tear on the car. And then I have have to send information from scanner to corp office when I get home, read all emails and snail mail. You will be using your cell phone, and are required to have computer and landline. This company is a cheap cheap joke and so poorly managed. I see trashy people representing this company in the future. You get what you pay for!!!!
Heather

Boiling Springs, SC

#55 Mar 5, 2010
I just want to scream out to all these people that are wanting merchandising jobs "Don't do it!! It's not what you think!! Don't Make the Same Mistake I Did!! It's a miserable job. You can be a cashier or greeter and make more without the time frame issue or unpaid overtime.
Leigh wrote:
I have worked as a greeting card merchandiser for several months now and I agree with Heather - extremely hard work for very low pay - they start at minimum and may pay slightly more based on experience. I feel like it is a lot of heavy lifting - I do a major account - and have experienced some back troubles already. The biggest problem I have is that they work you like a dog by expecting tons of work withing a very short time frame. And if you go over your hours, they are not willing to pay you for the work. Needless to say, I have one foot out the door already. I would not recommend this job to a friend of mine.
Matilda

Tallulah, LA

#56 Mar 5, 2010
Cheryl is right on. Job sucks. They require so much work out of you. It is impossible to get the expected amount of work done in the time frame they alot. And to top it off, your pay raises are based on meeting standards that you NEVER have time to keep up with. Bottom line...you make a few dollars for tons of stress and frustration.
Matilda

Tallulah, LA

#57 Mar 5, 2010
cheryl wrote:
Leigh and Heather are so right. This company is such a disappointment. No wonder there is such a high turn over rate. There is no way to get the job done in the amount of time that is allowed. I figured the other day, I have almost 8 hours to do store but I have to go four times. That means 15.00 each time I go...before taxes...and not including gas and wear and tear on the car. And then I have have to send information from scanner to corp office when I get home, read all emails and snail mail. You will be using your cell phone, and are required to have computer and landline. This company is a cheap cheap joke and so poorly managed. I see trashy people representing this company in the future. You get what you pay for!!!!
Cheryl, Try Hallmark
Matilda

United States

#58 Mar 14, 2010
I think the CEO of American Greetings should be on the tv show "Undercover Boss". He will then see what it is like to be a merchandiser or a territory lead.
mcb

Wilton, CT

#59 Apr 11, 2010
I recently started with ag as a pt-merchandiser and I see how it can be frustrating to be expected to do a job in literally an hour and 42 minutes, in 2 calls - silly actually. It seems to me that ag is very nit-picky about how they want things done and if it's not done exactly to their specifications you go on somekind of report. I'm not liking the sound of it. But I guess my biggest disappointment is seeing how brand new product (and I mean more product than you can imagine) gets thrown away rather than offered to the employees as a perk or better yet, donated to the community. It's absolutely disgusting what I saw get thrown out the other day. And having experience with hallmark as well, I know they have a similar practice and although I may have not seen the same disgusting events first hand, it just seems to me that hallmark is the better corp. to be with, at least they don't seem to be as "nit-picky" about how some things are done. Then again, I'm sure there is a lot that goes on at both companies that I don't see. I just can't bare how we are supposed to throw out all the perfectly good product. Such a waste - and then I see that ag is eliminating 200 jobs here or 225 jobs there or that we don't get raises. How can they justify that when they toss out so much $$ in the dumpster. It doesn't make sense. I too thought that the ag head should go on the new show undercover boss. There really is a lot of bitterness and disappointment amongst the merchandisers in the field.
Patricia

United States

#60 Apr 19, 2010
Diane OLeary wrote:
Im interested in a part time position as a greeting card merchandiser. I live in Shelby Township, Michigan. DianeMarie01@hotmail.com
Just read your post that you were interested in a part time position doing greeting cards in 2007. Just wondering if you ever got the job. I am interested in doing this also and just wondering if anyone here every heard anything back after contacting the site that is referenced.
sally

Inman, SC

#61 Jun 5, 2010
Read the post, Patricia. I thought "oh how hard can this be" but trust me, no one out there can get this job done in the time allowed. No one... not even the TL's with much experience. You'll be asking yourself...Are they paying me or I'm I paying them to work!!
sally

Inman, SC

#62 Jun 5, 2010
Everyone in this area doesn't last for more than 3 months and I believe from the post that we are not alone.
mcb

New Milford, CT

#63 Jul 29, 2010
I no longer work for AG and I stuck with Hallmark. I think I made the right decision. It's not the perfect company either, and I'm sure there are many similar stories about Hallmark as there are for AG, but I like it better. Look into Hallmark if you can. Everyone says the biggest appeal about being a merchandiser is the flexibility of your time. I decide when I want to go in and can work it around my family's schedule. It's definitely not the pay, but it all depends on what you need most.
Jacquie

Yuba City, CA

#64 Nov 15, 2010
Well, I have read all you ladies' comments and I have an appointment tomorrow morning for an interview with a lead person @ AG. I am kinda bummed out now, I really thought I was going to get a decent part time job, but if they offer me anything under 12 dollars an hour I will walk away. Especially if they do not pay you mileage. Yikes! How cheap! I am armed with a printed copy of all your comments and I will quote a few of them to the person that I interview with. It should be fun!! Thank you Heather, and the rest of you ! I sure am glad I found this forum!
Jacquie

Yuba City, CA

#65 Nov 16, 2010
Jacquie wrote:
Well, I have read all you ladies' comments and I have an appointment tomorrow morning for an interview with a lead person @ AG. I am kinda bummed out now, I really thought I was going to get a decent part time job, but if they offer me anything under 12 dollars an hour I will walk away. Especially if they do not pay you mileage. Yikes! How cheap! I am armed with a printed copy of all your comments and I will quote a few of them to the person that I interview with. It should be fun!! Thank you Heather, and the rest of you ! I sure am glad I found this forum!
Okay, I went to my interview today and the person I spoke with was quite nice and up front about the job.$10.00 an hour and no compensation for driving. I told her tonight (via email) that I have some pride and cannot accept a job with such crappy compensation. Yep, it sucks alright! Unbelievable that this company wants you to do all that work and drive your own car on your own dime for a whopping ten dollars an hour. Jeeeez! Unreal!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Greetings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Possible layoffs at American Greetings Dec '17 agcardmaker 1
Applied online 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing Sep '17 Kimberly Andrews 1
My dad got fired for trying to raise mindfulnes... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Elliott Keskemety 1
Looking for a specific greeting card from the 9... (Sep '13) Sep '13 shari 1
News Turkey E-Card (Apr '06) Nov '12 brian Alexander 196
Area Supervisor Position/relocation (Feb '12) Feb '12 cyclopse40 1
Layoffs are just part of a larger business stra... (Feb '12) Feb '12 justice seeker 1
More from around the web