being a greeting card merchandiser

Posted in the American Greetings Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
janice

AOL

#1 Feb 24, 2006
I would like to find out how to be a merchandiser for American Greetings.
Joanne Willeby

Columbia, SC

#2 May 25, 2006
I have tried numerous times to find out how to get into this profession. I live in georgia around Warner Robins. If you have any information about this please reply to this email adress [email protected] Thank You.
Pam

AOL

#3 Jun 15, 2006
Ihave tried to find out more of becoming a Retail Merchandiser. I live in Georgia in the Jonesboro area. If someone could please let me know what to do.
roni

Calexico, CA

#4 Jun 19, 2006
Joanne Willeby wrote:
I have tried numerous times to find out how to get into this profession. I live in georgia around Warner Robins. If you have any information about this please reply to this email adress [email protected] Thank You.
Did you ever fill out their online application at http://corporate.americangreetings.com/aboutu... Thats how I got hired. I filled it out online and many months later got a call.
Cynthia

Chesapeake, VA

#5 Aug 6, 2006
That is how I got hired too. I haven't started yet but I got my packet in the mail yesterday. I'm so excited because this way I can make some extra money during the day while my kids are at school and still be home around the time they get out of school.
Brenda

AOL

#6 Aug 25, 2006
I have worked for AG for 9 years and I love it. I live near Atlantic City. A friend of mine actually got me the job, but whenever anyone asks me about it I usually give them my supervisors phone number! She has never complained, so I guess that is ok. Try asking a merchandiser when you see them if they have a phone number to call. Good luck!
Lorrie

Henderson, NV

#7 Oct 23, 2006
I am interesting in becoming a Greeting Card Merchandiser in the Henderson, Nevada area. Please contact me via email at [email protected] to provide me with information on how to get started. Thank you.
Karla Link

AOL

#9 Dec 29, 2006
The application asks for a minimum wage per hour. I have no earthly idea? But this is something I really want to do while my kids are at school I don't want to sell my self short or ask for too much can someone give me a ball park?
molly

AOL

#10 Dec 31, 2006
I am interested in becoming a merchandiser for American Greeting Card. I am in North carolina near the Rocky Mount area. My email is [email protected]
Diane OLeary

Utica, MI

#11 Jan 4, 2007
I am interested in a part time position as a greeting card merchandiser. I live in Shleby Township, Michigan.
Diane OLeary

Utica, MI

#12 Jan 4, 2007
Im interested in a part time position as a greeting card merchandiser. I live in Shelby Township, Michigan. [email protected]
Claire

United States

#13 Jan 27, 2007
I planned to submit my application for a greeting card merchandiser, but saw that one of the questions was if you could repetitively lift 50 pounds... I don't know too many women who can lift that much repetitively. Yes, I can move boxes, etc. efficiently, but I don't know about this. The merchandisers I have seen in stores don't look like weightlifters to me! Any advice from any of you who are already in this job? If I honestly answer NO would it jeopardize my chances of getting a job?
Bobbie

United States

#14 Feb 4, 2007
Brenda wrote:
I have worked for AG for 9 years and I love it. I live near Atlantic City. A friend of mine actually got me the job, but whenever anyone asks me about it I usually give them my supervisors phone number! She has never complained, so I guess that is ok. Try asking a merchandiser when you see them if they have a phone number to call. Good luck!
I am applying to be considered as a merchandiser for AG in the Houston, Texas area,but my question(s) is what is an appropiate salary to put when applying for a position and is their a stipend for car allowance of gas, etc.?
Michele Adams

Portland, OR

#15 Feb 26, 2007
I am interested in a part-time position as a Greeting Card Merchandiser.I live in Florida near Altamonte and Apopka area.Please email me at [email protected]
Carlton Clay

Inglis, FL

#16 Mar 5, 2007
Michele Adams wrote:
I am interested in a part-time position as a Greeting Card Merchandiser.I live in Florida near Altamonte and Apopka area.Please email me at [email protected]
CALL 1-800-543-4110 and tell them you want to apply over the phone for any jobs in your area.
Lisa

Cleveland, MS

#17 Mar 17, 2007
janice wrote:
I would like to find out how to be a merchandiser for American Greetings.
I became an American Greetings merchandiser last September. I applied online and they called me.
Adele

Coral Gables, FL

#18 Mar 25, 2007
I am applying for a p/t job with a greeting card company but it seems that most of the companies are paying little money. Are most of the companies paying so little?

Is there one that pays more than another?

[email protected]
Eric

Burlington, Canada

#19 Mar 27, 2007
not to sound nosy, but what should a Merchandiser expect to get paid?
and how much would an above average experienced merchandiser make as opposed to some one like me who has no experience?
please be specific, as to location, terms, hourly or salery etc.. as i live in Los Angelos where the cost of living is a bit higher than the national average.
email if you can!
[email protected]
any advice welcome!!!
thanks a ton!
Eric
Donna Wilson

Warner Robins, GA

#20 Jun 28, 2007
Joanne Willeby wrote:
Hello Joanne. I, too, have recently applied for a merchandiser position with American Greetings and hope to hear good news. I also recently applied with Hallmark Cards, and got a negative reply saying I do not fit their criteria right now,,,,which I have no idea as to what their criteria is and why was I turned down. I also live in Georgia,,,Warner Robins, as a matter of fact. Saw you were from Hawkinsville, GA. and thought I would drop you a line. Sorry this isn't any reply to a job!!!
Donna Wilson

Warner Robins, GA

#21 Jun 28, 2007
I am from Warner Robins, GA and recently applied to American Greetings. I am a middle aged retired military wife and looking for a little something to pass the time and keep me active. I hope to hear from AG soon with some good news. I have worked for 35 years in the corporate world of Admin Asst around the world. Now I want something part time and an easy job to do. I am middle-aged, but not dead!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Greetings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My dad got fired for trying to raise mindfulnes... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Elliott Keskemety 1
Looking for a specific greeting card from the 9... (Sep '13) Sep '13 shari 1
News Turkey E-Card (Apr '06) Nov '12 brian Alexander 196
Area Supervisor Position/relocation (Feb '12) Feb '12 cyclopse40 1
Layoffs are just part of a larger business stra... (Feb '12) Feb '12 justice seeker 1
New eGreeting cards (Dec '11) Dec '11 Jacob 1
Free e-cards with slightly different photos (Dec '11) Dec '11 Suzanne 1
More from around the web