Discrimination lawsuit - KTVA

There are 7 comments on the Apr 25, 2008, KTVA Anchorage story titled Discrimination lawsuit - KTVA. In it, KTVA Anchorage reports that:

This I-Team investigation is about a man who the state of Alaska says was discriminated against by an Anchorage employer and a maze of a court system he failed to navigate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVA Anchorage.

Seen it done before

Anchorage, AK

#1 Apr 25, 2008
Those lawyers were paid off. Thats where the real money is, just like they tryed to pay you off, they paid them lawyers off, dosen't it just make you sick to know these people are supposed to help you but they would rather screw you instead???
R Collier

Anchorage, AK

#2 Apr 26, 2008
I feel that what has happened in this case is a travesty of justice. MOA should take immediate action on their part to thoroughly investigate their contractors in a situation such as this.
This appears to be another case of "Who has the most money?" wins.
I personally, will not provide further support to the shelter nor would I donate time at the shelter until reparations are made and corrective action has been taken by the city AND the contractor.
Mr. Perkins should have won his case without prejudice and attorneys in this area should be ashamed of themselves - their refusal to get involved only proves (most) attorneys are not interested in the law but what they can put in their pocket.
SPEEDHUMP

Eagle River, AK

#3 Apr 27, 2008
The system is corrupt.
The MONEY judges and lawyers stick together.
The judges get no show retirement jobs
and the lawyers get no work case pay.
If you dont have the money or Gov. on your
side you will never win.
They dont teach you this in school but should.
Shame on Muni

Anchorage, AK

#4 Apr 28, 2008
Hold on here, MOA is allowing this kind of treatment to go on? This story is generating little interest and has not been picked up by the newspaper or another outlet? This isn't just about lawyers, this is also about the city of Anchorage contracting out to racist organizations and condoning it. I see the Mayor has no comment on the issue, but I know I sure would like to know when this contract is up for renewal. I am against it.
eric

Juneau, AK

#5 Apr 28, 2008
he sbsolutly hsould get hired or owe nothing and given some money, he is inocent here, come on, thats awaful, I love doyon univesal and this schocks me,
EDNA DANIELS

Chesapeake, VA

#6 May 11, 2009
After reading this I do not understand the judge would throw this case out without even allowing Mr. William L. Perkins to plead his case. My question is was the Judge paid off, and why did newspapers drop this case.

I do believe that he still has a good case and should continue to see it through. Why not send his case to all TV shows, etc.

Why should he have to pay this company a dime, why?

Dawn

AOL

#7 May 14, 2009
I am not the least bit surprised. This is ordinary in Anchorage. Even the Recptionist with Alaska legal aid (the only hope that only a few of the poor in Anchorage can access) gets to decide, without recourse, who gets to even plead their cause to that agency. This is truly the most barbaric US city I've ever lived in because of things exactly like this. It's the norm, not the exception. Most other states would agencies for people like Perkins who can not afford to try for recompense. The one shining star Alaska has that most other states do not is PsychRights for the mentally ill forced to just take drugs, in Alaska, no matter what would really be best for them. But otherwise, help from the legal community in Alaska is a bit like being on Medicare here. Too bad, please dissapear. I've no idea if the help for Alaskan Native is good enough or not. A few of the Seniors get help. And some of the disabled get help filing for bankruptcy or custody of their kids. But real help to get recompense for serious illegal discriminations/persecutions, it takes a miracle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alaska Communications Systems Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Eli Lilly pays $15 million to settle Alaska's Z... (Mar '08) Aug '13 Nathan 3
News Lilly Settles Alaska Suit Over Zyprexa -New Yor... (Mar '08) Aug '13 Gill 2
News Rep. Don Young blasts federal regulations, intr... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Roger Ford 1
News Canada Metal Mining Exploration kicks off 2008 ... (May '08) Nov '08 Bryce 3
News WWII memorial defaced in Alaska (Mar '08) Oct '08 SPC Lee 3
News Tower to expand cell coverage (Jul '08) Jul '08 Tundra0 1
News Alaska hotels and regulation - KTVA (Apr '08) Apr '08 Linda Banner 1
More from around the web