M.I. rail service returns

Drivers crossing the Wichels Causeway on and off Mare Island on Wednesday were privy to a recent rarity on the island: A train chugging across, whistle blowing. Full Story
x CTAC Member

San Francisco, CA

#1 Nov 5, 2009
"Rail is important to a lot of other business," said San Francisco Bay Railroad CEO David Gavrich. Let's hope it is the first of more to come. No need to convince Vallejo residents. Convince the City Council & Lennar Development which has a monopoly over anything there! Time to bring back California Northern Railroad or RailAmerica as well. Tracks are already there.
ged moron

Milpitas, CA

#2 Nov 5, 2009
this is great news! rail, ships, jobs blooming in "v-town".
hope the colleges don't move out!
viva vallejo, the working class town!!
GEE

Oakland, CA

#3 Nov 5, 2009
Indeed great news! Wish I could have witnessed it.
oaktown

United States

#4 Nov 5, 2009
Finally!
joe witt

United States

#5 Nov 5, 2009
welcome back railroad and ship related work. we need jobs. both alstom and california dry dock have cool web sites for those interested.

Since: Mar 08

Vallejo

#6 Nov 5, 2009
Hubby saw it going to Mare Island yesterday, while he was waiting to turn from Tennesse onto Mare Island Way. People didn't know how to react to a train being there.

It is good for Vallejo.

I'm also glad to know why a passenger train was going to Mare Island. Glad the TH reported on it.
Paulie

Vallejo, CA

#7 Nov 5, 2009
Waaaaa Hoooooooo ! bout time we got something going. Theres alot of tracks all over the bay area that arnt being used . Maybe its a start of something good and open up some jobs.It would be nice to hear something good when i turn on the news in the morning..
x CTAC Member

Belmont, CA

#8 Nov 5, 2009
Jen Lemus wrote:
Hubby saw it going to Mare Island yesterday, while he was waiting to turn from Tennesse onto Mare Island Way. People didn't know how to react to a train being there.
It is good for Vallejo.
I'm also glad to know why a passenger train was going to Mare Island. Glad the TH reported on it.
Well being a railfan myself I wish I was there to witness it Jen. Be it as it may though it sounds like a win win for everyone involved. I could even remember the California Northern making a few passes during the day. Weren't really many that I could remember that really disrupted traffic either. For what it's worth I live on Maine Street near the old California Northern tracks to the old General Mills plant. Again I wouldn't feel the least disruptive if they even made a few passes there in the daytime! I'm a night worker too! Couldn't really recall even the times they rolled through there that really disrupted my sleep! Not any worse then street traffic or the city transit bus coming through!

Since: Jun 09

Walnut Creek, CA

#9 Nov 5, 2009
YES! Use the trains!!!
GlitterDome

San Rafael, CA

#10 Nov 5, 2009
Now, that's what I'm talking about Vallejo! ;-).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alstom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Power giant Alstom to pay record $772 million t... Dec '14 reneir880 1
Alstom Officials Report Continued Success in De... (Jun '10) Jun '10 John Burton 1
Rail cars arrive for refurbishment (Nov '09) Nov '09 Alan 3
471M deal puts Alstom in the wind game: French ... (Aug '07) Aug '07 Alstom Power Peru 1
Chirac Goes to Beijing for Trade Talks (Oct '06) Oct '06 Andrez Lopez 2
Areva chief wins battle to stay (Aug '06) Aug '06 bob jameson 1
More from around the web