Among the Big 5, A&B still reigns - K...

Among the Big 5, A&B still reigns - Kamaaina Companies

There are 3 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Oct 25, 2009, titled Among the Big 5, A&B still reigns - Kamaaina Companies. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Alexander & Baldwin Inc., the only one of the original Big Five companies still dominant in Hawaii's economy, began with a mere $110 investment by the sons of pioneering missionaries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Good job

Mililani, HI

#1 Oct 30, 2009
Thanks for stealing Hawai'i. It was once paradisical and had a healthy environment, now it is just a floating subdivision.

Burn in hell, guys. Missionaries my ass.
oh no

Honolulu, HI

#2 Oct 30, 2009
Bad timing Allison. You wrote this on the 25th, and on the 30th Dave writes about the loss of 76% for A&B.
alice

United States

#3 Oct 31, 2009
I don't like the monopoly they exercise here..this company costs a lot of money

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexander and Baldwin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Interim uses' to be part of Kamehameha Schools... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Ivonka22 1
News Alexander & Baldwin to build senior affordable ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 cindy Burns 1
News A&B income sinks 76.9% - Hawaii Business (Oct '09) Oct '09 alice 10
News Doane steps down - Hawaii Business (Oct '09) Oct '09 alice 5
News Onward with Kakaako plan - Hawaii Editorials (Sep '09) Sep '09 Ruff Ridahs 14
News A&B mulls sugar's future - Hawaii Business (Jul '09) Jul '09 Common sense 6
News Matson strike possible - Hawaii Business (Jun '09) Jul '09 ohgoody 35
More from around the web