Fatal Car Accident in Staunton

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

State police say the driver of a Pontiac Trans Am lost control and ran off the left side of Patterson Mill Road near New Hope.
Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Nov 14, 2013
Jack Bauer

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Va law says you must wear a seat belt, Guess a ticket for no seat belt is not in order on this one.Please wear your seat belt they save lives .
Fluvy Gal

Palmyra, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Actually the driver is held responsible if passengers aren't wearing seat belts. It sounds like more serious charges may be pending, however.
Alf

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Yep. A DUI manslaughter charge is likely in order.
Ellen Fisher Kratzer

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Prayers for the family and friends of Jacob Wonderly! Prayers also with the driver as he has to live with this everyday!
Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Fluvy Gal wrote:
Actually the driver is held responsible if passengers aren't wearing seat belts. It sounds like more serious charges may be pending, however.
Nope
http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/safety/prog...
"Each adult passenger (18 and older) is legally responsible for him/herself. However, the driver should strongly urge all passengers to buckle up. As the driver, it is your responsibility to make sure that all persons under age 18 are properly restrained"
The driver is only responsible for all passengers under the age of 18.
Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Alf wrote:
Yep. A DUI manslaughter charge is likely in order.
It's easy to jump to that conclusion; young 20s, 1 AM, but driving while tired may be equally as dangerous.

http://drowsydriving.org/about/facts-and-stat...

A tragic outcome, none the less.
Cville

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

My thought and prayers are with these familes.
So I guess since these vehicles have killed people I guess they will try and take those from us too??
Jane

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Question? Jack Bauer makes an identical comment on the one passenger vehicle where the driver was killed in Greene County on Friday a.m. He was shot down all over the place. Here on this web site he gets an agree check and no one makes a remark about his comment. Confused about the difference, a life is a life.
Kory Struble

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

dave is like my brother hes my best friend lived with me for 2 years we've been threw alot together i pray that he pulls threw hes a very stong man and means no harm he's a good man. Jake was a loving guy always had a smile on his face. kept you happy when u were sad im going to miss u jake:( dave hang in there i know your stong i love u soo much im going to be here for u threw it all.!!
Kristin

Rogersville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Jacob was my cousin, while in the last years we weren't close...growing up we were always together. What I wouldn't give for one more day. Thank you Kory for your kind words about both young men. I don't know Dave, but knowing what he will have to live with the rest of his life is terrible, but nothing like not having Jacob back. Sucks all around, for everyone.
Native

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Jane wrote:
Question? Jack Bauer makes an identical comment on the one passenger vehicle where the driver was killed in Greene County on Friday a.m. He was shot down all over the place. Here on this web site he gets an agree check and no one makes a remark about his comment. Confused about the difference, a life is a life.
The gene pool is going through an adjustment!
corey

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

jake was like a brother to me. he will be missed
Kristin Wonderley

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

I am Jacob's cousin....are his friends going to be at the service? Or are you guys going to do anything?
Kory Struble

Dayton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Kristin wrote:
Jacob was my cousin, while in the last years we weren't close...growing up we were always together. What I wouldn't give for one more day. Thank you Kory for your kind words about both young men. I don't know Dave, but knowing what he will have to live with the rest of his life is terrible, but nothing like not having Jacob back. Sucks all around, for everyone.

Yes your welcome David is a great man and will have to live with this for the rest of his life :( jake was a awesome man he always made me laugh and smile <3 hell be missed by so many im sory for your loss :(
Kristin Wonderley

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Kory Struble wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes your welcome David is a great man and will have to live with this for the rest of his life :( jake was a awesome man he always made me laugh and smile <3 hell be missed by so many im sory for your loss :(
thank you...really. I was wondering if his friends will be at the services? or if they are going to get together on their own. I would love to meet some of you guys just to hear about my cousin.

Hot Springs, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Cville wrote:
My thought and prayers are with these familes.
So I guess since these vehicles have killed people I guess they will try and take those from us too??
yep they take guns for killing kids so i guess they can take cars for killing people
Sure

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Kristin Wonderley wrote:
I am Jacob's cousin....are his friends going to be at the service? Or are you guys going to do anything?
I would suggest you go and everyone should wear a seatbelt!
Kim McCray

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Kristin Wonderley wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you...really. I was wondering if his friends will be at the services? or if they are going to get together on their own. I would love to meet some of you guys just to hear about my cousin.
Hi Kristin,

This is Jake's only first cousin on his mom's side.

I know many of his friends will definitely be at the funeral. I'm sure they would be open to talking with you after the service, as would I. I, like you, haven't been in the area permanently for about seven years so I haven't seen Jake as much as when we were younger, but I still kept in touch with him and saw him on holidays and a few other times each year. He was just as much fun as an adult as I'm sure you remember him being as a kid.

Kim
Kristin Wonderley

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Kim McCray wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Kristin,
This is Jake's only first cousin on his mom's side.
I know many of his friends will definitely be at the funeral. I'm sure they would be open to talking with you after the service, as would I. I, like you, haven't been in the area permanently for about seven years so I haven't seen Jake as much as when we were younger, but I still kept in touch with him and saw him on holidays and a few other times each year. He was just as much fun as an adult as I'm sure you remember him being as a kid.
Kim
Thanks Kim! I will be coming in on Friday and while I hate its under these circumstances, look forward to meeting you.
Augusta County

Ruckersville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Dude wrote:
<quoted text>It's easy to jump to that conclusion; young 20s, 1 AM, but driving while tired may be equally as dangerous.
http://drowsydriving.org/about/facts-and-stat...
A tragic outcome, none the less.
I know the driver was drinking, it was my bf who was killed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Albemarle Discussions

Search the Albemarle Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
VDOT Holds Hearing on Western Bypass Design Opt... (May '13) Sep '13 Im Ya Huckleberry 15
Orange Woman Charged with Hit-and-Run in Albemarle (Jul '13) Jul '13 mista swim 4
Albemarle Sheriff's Search & Rescue Locates Mis... (Jul '13) Jul '13 thanks 12
VDOT Crews Working to Reopen Dick Woods Road (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tax Dollars at Work 1
Deadline Nears for Albemarle Residents Waiting ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Crack Scooter 13
W.R. Grace - Maybe The Most Valuable Bankrupt C... (Jun '13) Jun '13 mike crill 1
Albemarle Police Investigate Armed Robberies (Jun '13) Jun '13 Laptop 20
•••
•••