GOP Goes Door-to-Door in Albemarle

Saturday morning the Republican Party brought the a Road to Richmonda to Albemarle County to try to rally voters and build momentum toward November. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#1 Aug 29, 2009
hmmm interesting. wonder what area they went door to door in?
Dark Side

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Aug 29, 2009
Hopefully they were able to turn some voters onto what is needed for this state to get back to good traditional values and stop this entitlement mentality the democrats have fostered.

Location hidden

#3 Aug 29, 2009
Dark Side wrote:
Hopefully they were able to turn some voters onto what is needed for this state to get back to good traditional values and stop this entitlement mentality the democrats have fostered.
doubtfull. have you tried to talk sense into a democrat? I get more out of beating me head against the wall. cause at lest then i know why my head hurts.
Chris

Remington, VA

#4 Aug 29, 2009
They went to Walker precinct addresses, from Greenbriar to Melbourne and beyond.
The photo Ms. Nagy used is a disgraceful under-representation of the 100+ people who turned out to greet Ken Cuccinelli and hear the Board of Supervisor candidates speak, before leaving to go door-to-door.
To set the record straight, the concept is not a new one for local Republicans, at all. What is novel is that a state-wide candidate came here to canvass.
He came to traditionally liberal Charlottesville, because the national polls clearly indicate "buyers remorse", on the part of Independents and moderate Democrats; something that has been evident as the GOP volunteers and candidates visit the community.
Ken recently called for a special session in Richmond, to close a loophole in a law that greatly affected successful criminal prosecutions in the state. His opponent opposed it, calling the move partisan. Even Gov. Kaine disagreed and the problem has been dealt with effectively. That is Ken Cuccinelli in a nutshell: consistent, effective, decisive leadership.
Albert

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Aug 30, 2009
"[W]orking women and feminists are 'detrimental' to the family." - Virginia Gubernatorial Candidate Bob McDonnell

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Barbara

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Aug 30, 2009
Thank you for posting that link, Albert. I had no idea that McDonnell held these beliefs. It is important that everyone understand the level of his disregard for women.
Dark Side

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Aug 30, 2009
Albert wrote:
"[W]orking women and feminists are 'detrimental' to the family." - Virginia Gubernatorial Candidate Bob McDonnell
That was in 1989 20 years ago!!!! I thought the transformers were real then too should that be held against me now?! You learn as you get older. 20 years has taught him something and I hope it has taught you also. But since you didn't provide all the facts in your post I doubt it has.
Angry Citizen

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Aug 30, 2009
They never knock on my door....

Location hidden

#9 Aug 30, 2009
Angry Citizen wrote:
They never knock on my door....
So are you happy about that or mad?
AccountabilityPl ease

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Aug 30, 2009
Albert wrote:
Albert, I'm sure you are proud of everything you have ever said or done in YOUR past. I will measure ANYTHING that Bob McDonnell has ever said against what Creigh Deeds says now--Bob emerges the winner, since Creigh never has ANYTHING to say. Interesting that, being 15+ points behind in the polls, the Deeds supporters are resorting to digging up dirt from over 20 years ago. What about TODAY'S ISSUES? It's a shameful and poor way to sell your Nobody Candidate for Governor--Creigh Deeds.
AccountabilityPl ease

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Aug 30, 2009
Barbara wrote:
Thank you for posting that link, Albert. I had no idea that McDonnell held these beliefs. It is important that everyone understand the level of his disregard for women.
----------
And just how are YOU measuring this fabricated "disreguard for women" you claim he has? From a quote taken over 20 years ago? Are you the same person you were 20 years ago? I hope not! Like a fine wine, Bob McDonnell only gets BETTER with age!
Chris

Orange, VA

#12 Aug 30, 2009
"Albert", Ted Kennedy killed a girl with his drunken, self serving behavior and he was practically canonized this past weekend.
Attorney General McDonnell's comments are grossly out of context and only show his thinking at the time...and out of context. I don't believe a girl drowned, as a result, "Barbara"!
FYI, "Albert", "Barbara"...the article was about Ken Cuccinelli.
Angry citizen, they are people and they come out every weekend. They walk and spend time with people. They'll get to you. Call Republican HQ at Albemarle Square if you want a personal visit, or if you have questions. Be nice.
thats crazy

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Aug 30, 2009
FreelanceEMT wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you happy about that or mad?
Depends what time they were knocking. ;) Sorry just though I'd add my two cents lol.
lord

Barnesville, OH

#14 Aug 30, 2009
Barbara wrote:
The paper in question was written while he was a student at regent university, so he had to prove he was a moron as a requirement for graduation. Candidates like McDonnell are why the Republican party is degenerating into irrelevance.
America 1st

Stuarts Draft, VA

#15 Aug 31, 2009
lord wrote:
<quoted text>The paper in question was written while he was a student at regent university, so he had to prove he was a moron as a requirement for graduation. Candidates like McDonnell are why the Republican party is degenerating into irrelevance.
Silly it should not be called Pat Robertson's 700 Club Law School...this is a sham school-like Liberty, which BTW does not have that. You see a lot of these "death panel" Palinsters with that blank look reciting the talking points or mindlessly screaming at these town hall meetings. The shame is the poor under-informed people who buy into the fear and the lack of thought process from the right wing nuts. Repugs are obstructionists and are incapable of governing, but they are skilled at manipulating the weak minded using fear.
TomTom

United States

#17 Aug 31, 2009
America 1st wrote:
<quoted text>
Repugs are obstructionists and are incapable of governing, but they are skilled at manipulating the weak minded using fear.
Wow...did you copy all this from your morning email from the Daily KOS. Talk about weak minded....
America 1st

Stuarts Draft, VA

#18 Aug 31, 2009
Do you mean yourself? If you don't know the facts then just watch Faux. Oh, you probably do.
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Aug 31, 2009
Barbara wrote:
Oh - THAT'S a canned liberal talking point if I ever saw one!! ROTFLMAO
Nothing has Changed

United States

#20 Aug 31, 2009
They better not COME TO MY HOUSE!
TomTom

United States

#21 Aug 31, 2009
CvilleGordo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh - THAT'S a canned liberal talking point if I ever saw one!! ROTFLMAO
LOL - you're right! I guess they have forgotten all about Clinton!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albemarle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fatal Car Accident in Staunton (Jan '13) Nov '13 Augusta County 20
VDOT Holds Hearing on Western Bypass Design Opt... (May '13) Sep '13 Im Ya Huckleberry 15
Orange Woman Charged with Hit-and-Run in Albemarle (Jul '13) Jul '13 mista swim 4
Albemarle Sheriff's Search & Rescue Locates Mis... (Jul '13) Jul '13 thanks 12
VDOT Crews Working to Reopen Dick Woods Road (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tax Dollars at Work 1
Deadline Nears for Albemarle Residents Waiting ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Crack Scooter 13
W.R. Grace - Maybe The Most Valuable Bankrupt C... (Jun '13) Jun '13 mike crill 1
More from around the web