Deadline for 50 Year Community Water Supply Plan

RWSA says construction on the dam could start in November. Friday is an important deadline for the 50 Year Community Water Supply Plan. Full Story
Ross

Lady Lake, FL

#1 Apr 29, 2011
Analyze until you're paralized.
buyerbeware

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Apr 29, 2011
I'm waiting for Mellow Yellow Pat's comment.
why

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Apr 29, 2011
don't they dredge instead?
Mary

Mechanicsville, VA

#4 Apr 29, 2011
Because it's affordable,sustainable and makes sense-the dam supporters are fleecing the ratepayers
and once they watch their rates rise and rise for years to come ( they're tricking you by not raising rates this year) they will wish they had gotten involved and fought for dredging .
prey

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Apr 29, 2011
I'm just glad to see such a quick response to the mid 1990's droughts. These guys are on the ball. I bet we'll be ready for another drought by 2030 or so.
Pat

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Apr 29, 2011
buyerbeware wrote:
I'm waiting for Mellow Yellow Pat's comment.
Mellowyellowphiles now BB.
Pat

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Apr 29, 2011
Mary wrote:
Because it's affordable,sustainable and makes sense-the dam supporters are fleecing the ratepayers
and once they watch their rates rise and rise for years to come ( they're tricking you by not raising rates this year) they will wish they had gotten involved and fought for dredging .
There is no end to your soar grapes Mary.
John

United States

#8 Apr 30, 2011
Just to let you know the new dam supplies NO NEW WATER FOR HUMANS --it all goes to a science experiment pushed by the Nature Conservancy to test, if more water in the Moorman's River is good for the mussels.( remember when you see your water bill rise to pay for this) you will be paying for river water not water for people.

from the Schilling Blog:

All wet: RWSA’s $25M, 30-foot dam provides “no new water”?

After a lengthy and contentious approval process the Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority’s (RWSA) new 30-foot earthen dam proposal apparently doesn’t hold (enough) water. In a clandestine April 21 email obtained by The Schilling Show (see below), Albemarle County Service Authority Member, Liz Palmer—a longtime proponent of a larger earthen dam—warns Charlottesville City Councilor Kristen [.

http://www.schillingshow.com/
Pat

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Apr 30, 2011
The disinformation never stops John. You mean when all prominent civic organizations, UVA, Charlottesville and Albemarle agree (again) on a plan to build the dam to finally solve our long term water storage plan, they are all wrong? You mean after 18 years of study after study there is some rock unturned? The world of the water intelligensia is a world of disinformation John.
mow

Charlottesville, VA

#10 May 1, 2011
So, they build a 30ft pile of dirt with no water to put in it. How long will it take to fumble through all the legalities of building a 9mi pipe. What a colossal boondoggle.
Jamie

Charlottesville, VA

#11 May 2, 2011
mow wrote:
So, they build a 30ft pile of dirt with no water to put in it. How long will it take to fumble through all the legalities of building a 9mi pipe. What a colossal boondoggle.
How cynical mow. How do you think they built all the many miles of pipeline beneath Charlottesville and Albemarle now? Seems to me the evidence suggests it is something they know how to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albemarle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fatal Car Accident in Staunton (Jan '13) Nov '13 Augusta County 20
VDOT Holds Hearing on Western Bypass Design Opt... (May '13) Sep '13 Im Ya Huckleberry 15
Orange Woman Charged with Hit-and-Run in Albemarle (Jul '13) Jul '13 mista swim 4
Albemarle Sheriff's Search & Rescue Locates Mis... (Jul '13) Jul '13 thanks 12
VDOT Crews Working to Reopen Dick Woods Road (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tax Dollars at Work 1
Deadline Nears for Albemarle Residents Waiting ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Crack Scooter 13
W.R. Grace - Maybe The Most Valuable Bankrupt C... (Jun '13) Jun '13 mike crill 1

Albemarle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE