Man Apprehended in Craigslist Sting Sentenced to 5 Years - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, S...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

Release from County of Louisa: Today, Louisa County Commonwealth's Attorney Tom Garrett announced that Shakir A. Moore, 24, of Richmond will serve 5 years in prison for soliciting sex from a minor following contact on craigslist.com. The defendant was arrested in a joint undercover operation by the Albemarle Police Department, Bedford County ...
Comments
21 - 25 of 25 Comments Last updated Feb 1, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Solike

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Like, did he actually do anything other than surf the internet?
craigslist shopper

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Don't take this the wrong way, I like shopping on craigslist but one day I was kind of bored and started looking at the personals. I saw it had pictures. I expected to see some poor sap wanting a date but boy was I wrong I got more than an eye full to say the least. Unfortunately people will do anything with no exceptions to age, sexual preference, location, etc. Parents really need to monitor their children on everything, even something as "simple" as the classifieds.
about time

Fincastle, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

good for you Hope you catch all of them and start a mandatory prison sentence. There Are a lot of people that get off with suspended time and no sex offender reg. My child was approached by a friend of the family although he plead guilty to 2 counts so he didn't get convicted on all 4.even though heh as to register as a sex offender, He got two yrs suspended.SUSPENDED,! They told us that he was going to spend 6 months in jail for the misnomer charge. It's been months and he's still walking around free.
smithy

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

First of all, he did not drive anywhere or meet anyone. He had a sexual discussion with an undercover cop posing (illegally by the way) as a 13 y/o girl. The cop posts an ad on CL which makes no mention of "her" being 13. Once a conversation ensues, the police agreed to anything Chris said......joking or not. His WORDS are not what got him convicted......he sent 4 pictures of himself exposed to the "girl" Once he did that, he was screwed.
There is nothing illegal about minors and adults discussing sex (hence birds & bees talks/health classes)...what is illegal is commanding, entreating or attempting to persuade a minor to engage in sex with an adult. When you send pictures to a minor, your conduct is shown as a true threat....not your words. This is why Charles Hopkins case there was dismissed...he only spoke words. Immoral yes but not criminal intent.
Right there with you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

DoubleStandard wrote:
How is it Polanski got away with actually having sex with a minor whom he intoxicated/drugged and he got ZERO jail time? Something just doesn't sound right here. This guy didn't even touch a victim and he gets 5 years??? I am in no way supporting him because of his intent but something just doesn't seem right with our injustice system.
Polanski probably was singing like a bird for them..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Albemarle Discussions

Search the Albemarle Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Fatal Car Accident in Staunton (Jan '13) Nov '13 Augusta County 20
VDOT Holds Hearing on Western Bypass Design Opt... (May '13) Sep '13 Im Ya Huckleberry 15
Orange Woman Charged with Hit-and-Run in Albemarle (Jul '13) Jul '13 mista swim 4
Albemarle Sheriff's Search & Rescue Locates Mis... (Jul '13) Jul '13 thanks 12
VDOT Crews Working to Reopen Dick Woods Road (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tax Dollars at Work 1
Deadline Nears for Albemarle Residents Waiting ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Crack Scooter 13
W.R. Grace - Maybe The Most Valuable Bankrupt C... (Jun '13) Jun '13 mike crill 1
•••
•••