Man Apprehended in Craigslist Sting Sentenced to 5 Years - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, S...

Release from County of Louisa: Today, Louisa County Commonwealth's Attorney Tom Garrett announced that Shakir A. Moore, 24, of Richmond will serve 5 years in prison for soliciting sex from a minor following contact on craigslist.com. The defendant was arrested in a joint undercover operation by the Albemarle Police Department, Bedford County ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
So sorry

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Aug 29, 2011
I hope he gets all the sex his little a(zz) can handle in jail when Bubba gets a hold of him.
ewwww

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Aug 29, 2011
eewwwww 13? eewwww
karen

Arlington, VA

#4 Aug 29, 2011
I hope he gets help while in prison. I agree with his sentencing. Unfortunately, he wil most likely not get sex addition treatment but AA can help if that is all there is to offer. He could have alcohol or drug issues.
DAD with Kids

Woodland Park, CO

#5 Aug 29, 2011
These stupid people just don't get it. Put them all away in general population in prison.
Sheila Mallozi

Stamford, CT

#6 Aug 29, 2011
I am concerned that time after time, Craigslist has been abused and used by anyone from a murderer, drug dealer, felons and people looking for children to perform sexual acts.

i must say also, that any time I answered a classified advertisement for a job, the job turned out to be a negative experience.

What can the government do to regulate this site? It truly needs to be closely monitored and not used for inappropriate advertising

sm
IamwhoIam

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Aug 29, 2011
Editors - the site is craigslist.org (not .com).
Readers - is there anyone who DOESN'T think this person is the sickest of the sick and deserves the worst of the worst? All child predators fall into this category - as do the people who kill children.
IamwhoIam

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Aug 29, 2011
Sheila - really? you think the government needs to regulate the site to keep predators from abusing it? Seriously?
I'm sorry but that is the most under-informed idea I have ever heard. Maybe hold site monitors accountable for illegal posts not being removed timely, but the perverts and murderers of the world will still find ways to "get to" their victims. We can't regulate them into non-existence. Evil exists.
IamwhoIam

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Aug 29, 2011
FYI - reminder to all parents: guard your children's safety - moniter their computer usage. Never let the real child become the intended victim of a predator. Let's make it so hard to reach a real child that all the stories of predators using the internet end with "and the 13 year old was really an officer of the .... police department."
Old Bear Hunter

Staunton, VA

#10 Aug 29, 2011
I agree that ALL sex ofenders should be in a special place to themselves and away from everyone else. They are gettibg by with too little time to serve. This guy got off too easy. VIRGINIA should pass that law to chimicialy castrate any one found guilty of molesting or atempting to molest a child under age. I knew a guy one time who was a pedifile and he didn' think he did anything wrong. That urge stays inthem forever. The law isn't hard enough on these type of sex ofenders.
catherine

Moreno Valley, CA

#11 Aug 29, 2011
its awesome that the sick people are FINALLY being stopped online...as a mom of 4 daughters I WHOLLY support the worse possible sentence that they can be given for being predators!!

THANK YOU ALL WHO WERE INVOLVED IN THE CAPTURE
true

Farmville, VA

#12 Aug 29, 2011
Awhhhh, he wanted to be her first, he was in love now bubba will show him some love in the shower
Legal

Mountain View, CA

#13 Aug 29, 2011
I realize everyone hates this guy but isn't what the cops did called entrapment?
Also, I assume he was charged with INTENT to commit a crime and not actually committing a crime but the article doesn't state this.
Mow

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Aug 29, 2011
Legal wrote:
I realize everyone hates this guy but isn't what the cops did called entrapment?
Also, I assume he was charged with INTENT to commit a crime and not actually committing a crime but the article doesn't state this.
I think his intent and knowingly communicating that intent is this issue, even though the person he was really communicating was probably some fat cop that thinks he's saving the world.I surely don't condone this idiots intentions and he'll go where he belongs, but cops get all huffy just for doing the job they were paid for to begin with.
citizen

Dillwyn, VA

#15 Aug 29, 2011
Legal wrote:
Hey there, so called "Legal" let me ask you a question---Did the cops ask him to drive across the state to meet his date?

When a man confronts a group of undercover cops and he is looking to get laid I would say that shows some pretty serious intent.
Junk

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Aug 29, 2011
Just one of the many black crimes in CVA. He will still be allowed to vote for Obama!
citizen

Dillwyn, VA

#17 Aug 29, 2011
Mow wrote:
<quoted text>I think his intent and knowingly communicating that intent is this issue, even though the person he was really communicating was probably some fat cop that thinks he's saving the world.I surely don't condone this idiots intentions and he'll go where he belongs, but cops get all huffy just for doing the job they were paid for to begin with.
You would get huffy if some guy drives across the state with a hard on then jumps out of his car only to discover that his hot 13 year old isn't there, but you are. The possibilities are endless here.
true

Farmville, VA

#19 Aug 30, 2011
Junk wrote:
Just one of the many black crimes in CVA. He will still be allowed to vote for Obama!
From what ive seen most peds are ugly old half inbred looking white guys
JustWait

Rocky Mount, VA

#20 Aug 30, 2011
Wait till our government schools provide each and every child with their very own I-toy. That will be a pedophile's dream come true!
DoubleStandard

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Aug 30, 2011
How is it Polanski got away with actually having sex with a minor whom he intoxicated/drugged and he got ZERO jail time? Something just doesn't sound right here. This guy didn't even touch a victim and he gets 5 years??? I am in no way supporting him because of his intent but something just doesn't seem right with our injustice system.
GREENE COUNTY

Martinsville, VA

#22 Aug 30, 2011
karen wrote:
I hope he gets help while in prison. I agree with his sentencing. Unfortunately, he will most likely not get sex addition treatment but AA can help if that is all there is to offer. He could have alcohol or drug issues.
I don't think you would have the same SWEET response if it were your 13 year old daughter !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albemarle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fatal Car Accident in Staunton (Jan '13) Nov '13 Augusta County 20
VDOT Holds Hearing on Western Bypass Design Opt... (May '13) Sep '13 Im Ya Huckleberry 15
Orange Woman Charged with Hit-and-Run in Albemarle (Jul '13) Jul '13 mista swim 4
Albemarle Sheriff's Search & Rescue Locates Mis... (Jul '13) Jul '13 thanks 12
VDOT Crews Working to Reopen Dick Woods Road (Jul '13) Jul '13 Tax Dollars at Work 1
Deadline Nears for Albemarle Residents Waiting ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Crack Scooter 13
W.R. Grace - Maybe The Most Valuable Bankrupt C... (Jun '13) Jun '13 mike crill 1
More from around the web