Air France set to lay off near 4,400 employees
The Air France company is set to lay off 4,391 jobs by March 2013, but not in a compulsory way, French business daily La Tribune reported on Thursday.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Xinhuanet.
#1 Jun 25, 2010
Now they can afford to make 100 wideboedied paper airplanes in the office with the pink slip.
Wonder who will toss your bags in the airplane?
#2 Jun 25, 2010
Big layoffs are coming after UAL and CAL merger..
#3 Jun 26, 2010
Agree with you 100 per cent I worked for Cal in Europe and the company lay-ed off alot of European staff and outsourced lots of the ground operations . When the 2 airlines combine there is going to be huge layoffs and a complete over hall to work practices, but who do you think will be most effected Cal or Ual staff I think Cal staff will suffer the most and its a pitty big changes only time will tell if it for the best.....
#4 Jun 26, 2010
The new UAL will have to furlough at least minimum of 16,000 employees from all departments espeically management jobs.
They need to:
1. Int'l, UAL need to keep things as is with focus on more international routes and bring the us-hawaii aircraft to narrowbody a/c.
2. Need to have scope claus change if pilot expect the same pay scale with DL. 90 seat scope same with DL.
3. Way too many compliants at UA with old farts demeanor with customers. Hey, don't take it out on passengers when your kids left you and don't ever want to see you again. Three unfavorable remarks will fired from job.
4. Switching ERJs from EWR to mainline free up slots at EWR. New UAX terminal over at GA ramp like CVG.
5. Stop relying on Regionals from EWR, IAH and ORD flights.
Add your comments below
|Is The Boeing 787-9 Really Going To Help Air Fr... (Mar '15)||Sep '15||OldCapt||3|
|Do airlines have an image problem? (Jun '14)||Jun '14||Hell Yes||1|
|Lufthansa Tracks Air France Traffic as IAG Take... (Jan '14)||Jan '14||More cold coming||1|
|Air France to cut 2,800 more jobs amid weak demand (Sep '13)||Sep '13||Ouch||1|
|Passengers Make Take Off Low Cost Airlines Acco... (Apr '13)||Apr '13||Viewpointer||1|
|Air France-KLM says it plans to cease flights t... (Jan '13)||Jan '13||RustyS||1|
|Delta Adds Newark-Paris Flights, Boston-Paris F... (Oct '12)||Oct '12||Irishstew||2|
Find what you want!
Search Air France - KLM Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC