American General Finance Layoffs
crystalball

Largo, FL

#5972 Dec 2, 2013
hmmm wrote:
So I guess all the fortune tellers had it all wrong?
Guess it depends on who has ended up with the fortune. FIG who bought for pennies on the dollar, and recouped initial investment? Of course. Levine & Anderson who mortgaged the future, boosted short term results, and then cashed out for tens of millions? Yup. Everyone else? Doubtful.
honest john

Tinley Park, IL

#5974 Jan 14, 2014
Another round coming 2nd quarter. Fasten your seatbelts!!!
Springleaf proud

Houston, TX

#5975 Jan 15, 2014
honest john wrote:
why do you write such BS...the company is headed the right direction and actually opening offices....go troll the one main topix
pinga

United States

#5977 Jan 21, 2014
honest john wrote:
my source at HQ says the same thing.. round 2
Wondering

Springfield, IL

#5978 Jan 21, 2014
Where are they starting to cut? In the branch or HQ.
Trolls

United States

#5979 Jan 23, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Where are they starting to cut? In the branch or HQ.
nowhere....mark my words there will be no branch closings....there are people trolling this message board to get people upset...let's stay positive and keep growing the company
pinga

Van Nuys, CA

#5980 Jan 28, 2014
oh yes, give it a month
Trolls

United States

#5981 Jan 28, 2014
Why can't people realize that the company is on firm footing now and headed in a good direction
honest john

Tinley Park, IL

#5982 Feb 7, 2014
Trolls wrote:
Why can't people realize that the company is on firm footing now and headed in a good direction
firm as a cloud.
Closing

Richmond, TX

#5983 Feb 10, 2014
Branch closings going on today in Louisiana....so I guess the company is not at rock solid as you thought....heard more to come
Worried

Richmond, TX

#5984 Feb 10, 2014
Where at does anyone know how many
Hummmm

Richmond, TX

#5985 Feb 10, 2014
I heard more to come... Branches will be consolidated across the states.....they will call it that
honest john

Tinley Park, IL

#5986 Feb 11, 2014
Louisiana, up through Georgia and east coast.
Wondering

Springfield, IL

#5987 Feb 12, 2014
How true is this?
Hummmm

United States

#5989 Feb 14, 2014
Very true the closings are already being done
pinga

United States

#5990 Feb 15, 2014
Trolls wrote:
Firm footing??? I want to say I told you so....

I will get more info on the closings and let you know...more to come
Truthful and Accurate

Springfield, IL

#5991 Feb 16, 2014
I believe the following is a true statement and provides a necessary warning to those whom Springleaf will knowingly solicit for loans which may not be within their best interest:

"35% loans !?!
You're better off taking the bus and eating out of cans.
Explaining why it is a good idea to take out a loan with AGF/SPRINGLEAF is like explaining why it is a good idea to buy furniture or appliances through Rent-A-Center: The costs just don’t add up.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF will claim that sending them a Cease and Desist letter is ALWAYS a bad idea, but there are definitely situations where it is necessary to do so. My posts regarding this always state that you can still be sued, and I have never claimed someone should not pay their bills. However, they continually try to distort the truth by claiming that I have. One should consider the true reasons why AGF/SPRINGLEAF doesn’t want to be sent these letters.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF wants to be in their debtor’s ear as much as possible, not merely to get them to pay their bills, but to sell them as much debt as possible, no matter how unwise it is. They seek to keep people as uninformed and in-the-dark about their rights as possible. There are good reasons why the Fair Debt Act was passed, and their company has a horrible track record with so many who have worked for them as well.Look at the rude, insulting comments being made on this public website by current AGF/SPRINGLEAF employees posing as laid-off or fired employees and ask yourself if these are the kinds of people you want to be indebted to.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interestsThese people are not deadbeats, yet AGF/SPRINGLEAF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all businesses do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF/SPRINGLEAF o leave them alone.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received.Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt, however. "
What

Evansville, IN

#5992 Feb 17, 2014
Again! Really!? Every time I check in on this thread you've posted this diatribe. Give it up already!
Twilight

Logan, WV

#5993 Feb 25, 2014
Test
Hummmm

Richmond, TX

#5994 Mar 4, 2014
Another DM lost their job....branches closing and more people losing their job .. I thought things were looking up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News AIG layoffs come just before Christmas (Oct '08) Aug '17 tom 44
Ten Most Excellent XviD WMV to MOV Converter Ar... (Mar '09) Mar '17 Newday 6
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jun '16 Swedenforever 6
Why I was not on a Loan note (Mar '11) May '16 Margaret 3
News From Member of the Bar to Piano Bar: AIG's Russ... (May '16) May '16 SINGER Hedge Para... 1
News Obama opposes 90% tax on bonuses at bailouts (Mar '09) Apr '16 FancyButtPirate 14
News Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Feb '16 Bailouts 14
More from around the web