Euless, TX

#5913 Jun 7, 2013
Remember rate is because of the risk
Like Dope Pushers

Springfield, IL

#5914 Jun 7, 2013
Bright day wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should not exist... Where do you expect people to get loans for things they need with not perfect credit????
I was hoping you would ask that question.

"35% loans !?!
You're better off taking the bus and eating out of cans.
Explaining why it is a good idea to take out a loan with AGF/SPRINGLEAF is like explaining why it is a good idea to buy furniture or appliances through Rent-A-Center: The costs just don’t add up.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF will claim that sending them a Cease and Desist letter is ALWAYS a bad idea, but there are definitely situations where it is necessary to do so. My posts regarding this always state that you can still be sued, and I have never claimed someone should not pay their bills. However, they continually try to distort the truth by claiming that I have. One should consider the true reasons why AGF/SPRINGLEAF doesn’t want to be sent these letters.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF wants to be in their debtor’s ear as much as possible, not merely to get them to pay their bills, but to sell them as much debt as possible, no matter how unwise it is. They seek to keep people as uninformed and in-the-dark about their rights as possible. There are good reasons why the Fair Debt Act was passed, and their company has a horrible track record with so many who have worked for them as well.Look at the rude, insulting comments being made on this public website by current AGF/SPRINGLEAF employees posing as laid-off or fired employees and ask yourself if these are the kinds of people you want to be indebted to.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interestsThese people are not deadbeats, yet AGF/SPRINGLEAF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all businesses do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF/SPRINGLEAF o leave them alone.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received.Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt, however. "
Today

United States

#5915 Jun 7, 2013
Let go of 20 people in ARC today... Yet a new branch opens in PA on 6/24... Hard to say!
Eville

Fishers, IN

#5916 Jun 8, 2013
Today wrote:
Let go of 20 people in ARC today... Yet a new branch opens in PA on 6/24... Hard to say!
I thought they were going to start centralizing collections. Hmmmm.....
leroy

Saint Louis, MO

#5917 Jun 10, 2013
Laid off a group of people in the ARC on Friday and sold off all accounts older than Dec 31, 2012.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#5918 Jun 10, 2013
We're doing allot of loans right now. Some branches that only did 40-50 are now doing 80-90. They want us to gain way too much and too fast!
Wondering

Springfield, IL

#5919 Jun 11, 2013
leroy wrote:
Laid off a group of people in the ARC on Friday and sold off all accounts older than Dec 31, 2012.
Making room for more charge off.
Eville

Fishers, IN

#5920 Jun 11, 2013
Whoa is me wrote:
We're doing allot of loans right now. Some branches that only did 40-50 are now doing 80-90. They want us to gain way too much and too fast!
They are approving everything!
Something burning

United States

#5921 Jun 11, 2013
Smoke and mirrors

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5922 Jun 11, 2013
Eville wrote:
<quoted text>
They are approving everything!
Good thing... Maybe it is just me but it seems like our leads have gotten progressively worse.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#5923 Jun 11, 2013
miniCADaver wrote:
<quoted text>Good thing... Maybe it is just me but it seems like our leads have gotten progressively worse.
Yes they have! Apps coming in multiple times for the same person and they are bad!!!!
Black Hill

San Francisco, CA

#5924 Jun 12, 2013
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

Looks like Fortress and its management team want to cash out while the getting is good, and let the company go under ala Metris, GreenTree/Conseco, HSBC and other money-losing subprime lenders.
99th Street Lending

Springfield, IL

#5925 Jun 12, 2013
Whoa is me wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they have! Apps coming in multiple times for the same person and they are bad!!!!
Shhhh !

The company's been securitizing all of it's bad debt and will need these new loans to pay the interest on the securities.

If they can't keep new making new loans to customers(suckers), then the whole ponzi will run dry.

Just don't pay any attention and everything will be O.K.

Go back to sleep.

&#9836; Payin' anything to roll the dice
Just one more time...&#9835;
99th Street Lending

Springfield, IL

#5926 Jun 12, 2013
Black Hill wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/ SB1000142412788732463430457853 7672557468966.html?mod=WSJ_hp_ LEFTWhatsNewsCollection#articl eTabs%3Darticle
Looks like Fortress and its management team want to cash out while the getting is good, and let the company go under ala Metris, GreenTree/Conseco, HSBC and other money-losing subprime lenders.
Mmmmmm Hot, steamy pile of IPO.

Mmmmmm More suckers to take advantage of.

How can a corporation lose with so many ways to rip off common citizens, and a government that they can buy off to make sure it keeps happening ?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5927 Jun 12, 2013
Can't decide whether I'm going to sink all my money into Springleaf stock or set it all on fire. Should yield a similar ROI.
Eville

Fishers, IN

#5928 Jun 16, 2013
Whoa is me wrote:
<quoted text>
We are having a lot of that here too
Something burning

Hollywood, FL

#5929 Jun 24, 2013
We're Is everyone
Waiting

Euless, TX

#5930 Jun 25, 2013
They all got severance packages
Something burning

Hollywood, FL

#5931 Jun 25, 2013
Who was let go?
pinga

El Monte, CA

#5933 Jul 12, 2013
Bright day wrote:
They are opening 4 in Texas this year.... So your information is all wrong
More closings this week

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ten Most Excellent XviD WMV to MOV Converter Ar... (Mar '09) Dec 15 gallagherrobby 3
Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Dec 10 Swedenforever 13
Bank bailout plans loosen credit markets a bit;... (Sep '08) Sep '14 hubertfields00 8
AIG Prepares to Pay About $100 Million in Bonuses (Feb '10) Jun '14 swedenforever 4
Aig Ceo's Son Was Paid $102,549 From September ... (Apr '14) Jun '14 kateysmith 2
Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jun '14 swedenforever 5
McCain says government `forced' to bail out AIG (Sep '08) May '14 swedenforever 53
More from around the web