American General Finance Layoffs
BringIton

Springfield, IL

#5745 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff,

I'm not going to let you run my life, even if you can blackmail me through my job in behalf of your cronies in Indiana.

I've done excellent work for you, and you are corrupt and descpicable for doing these things to me. Your efforts only make me want to act out more. You have no business doing this.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5746 Feb 6, 2013
BringIton wrote:
Jeff,
I'm not going to let you run my life, even if you can blackmail me through my job in behalf of your cronies in Indiana.
I've done excellent work for you, and you are corrupt and descpicable for doing these things to me. Your efforts only make me want to act out more. You have no business doing this.
Drama Queen
State Max

Springfield, IL

#5747 Feb 6, 2013
miniCADaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Drama Queen
F-YOU

<quoted text>
Yes, very great.
Raided by the FBI, harassing current and past workers, bailed out and repeatedly sold, cheating customers.....all very 'great'.
"24% loans !?!
You're better off taking the bus and eating out of cans.
Explaining why it is a good idea to take out a loan with AGF/SPRINGLEAF is like explaining why it is a good idea to buy furniture or appliances through Rent-A-Center: The costs just don’t add up.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF will claim that sending them a Cease and Desist letter is ALWAYS a bad idea, but there are definitely situations where it is necessary to do so. My posts regarding this always state that you can still be sued, and I have never claimed someone should not pay their bills. However, they continually try to distort the truth by claiming that I have. One should consider the true reasons why AGF/SPRINGLEAF doesn’t want to be sent these letters.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF wants to be in their debtor’s ear as much as possible, not merely to get them to pay their bills, but to sell them as much debt as possible, no matter how unwise it is. They seek to keep people as uninformed and in-the-dark about their rights as possible. There are good reasons why the Fair Debt Act was passed, and their company has a horrible track record with so many who have worked for them as well.Look at the rude, insulting comments being made on this public website by current AGF/SPRINGLEAF employees posing as laid-off or fired employees and ask yourself if these are the kinds of people you want to be indebted to.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interestsThese people are not deadbeats, yet AGF/SPRINGLEAF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all businesses do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF/SPRINGLEAF o leave them alone.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received.Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt, however. "
Other side

United States

#5748 Feb 7, 2013
I will say this I've read this blog from the start even participated a time or two. I always saw people get on here and talk about how much better things were at other companies and I always thought well those people just didn't want to put in the work to be successful this place isn't that bad. However after they let go of Lance Groves in October I decided to leave. I could no longer work for a company that uses up even the best employees and then shows them the door when they no longer figure into the long term plans. I was very apprehensive about leaving I had a great relationship with my dm but I just couldn't watch the company be dismantled anymore. Much to my surprise after 3 months gone the others were right. There is life away from Springleaf and it's great. I don't have to worry about Ramos demanding we close 4 loans or we can't go home wage and hour laws be dammed. I don't have to trade e-mails with fellow bm's in other states hearing how their dm won't let them call their QAC because what goes on in "his district " is no ones business. It's great to work somewhere where you feel respected and an important part of the team. It's only been 90 days but my advise get out if you can there is life away from Springleaf and it's wonderful !!!!!
State Max

United States

#5749 Feb 7, 2013
Hey but don't worry you'll have iPad's to look for new jobs on ....

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N0B5G...
Champ Kind

Azle, TX

#5750 Feb 8, 2013
Other Side

You decided to leave after they let Lance go? Hell, that is reason enough to stay... Who do you think was responsible for the work environment in Texas?

I can think of a few more Impalas that need to be parked.

"Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it." Champ Kind
Other side

United States

#5751 Feb 8, 2013
Having spent many years in Texas I would say the reason for the work environment was Gwin and Ramos not Lance I know a lot of people that worked in Houston or Dallas that didn't have issues with environment I had no issue with the way my dm treated me given the circumstances if lance did anything wrong it was not standing up to them. I heard Gwin had the gall to stand up and ask "what are you going to do different this year" well after failing at her last two assignments maybe she should be asking that question in the mirror
Champ Kind

Azle, TX

#5752 Feb 8, 2013
That is giving Groves too much credit. This is a man that kept 2 terrible DM's in DFW (both are still employed) and ran 2 good DM's out of state (Thompson & Partridge).

"Champ here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY! As in Gene Tenace at the plate... iiittt WHAMMY! WHAMMY!" Champ Kind
Shelby

Dallas, TX

#5753 Feb 8, 2013
You two keep arguing. Me? I'm puttin' on my super short shorts, my green button-up rag I call a shirt, and I'm floatin' down to the Pontchatrain and lookin' for the long-lost logs. And I'm takin' Willie with me.

GON' GIT DA LAWGS PAW-PAW! HEE-HEEE!!!!
Black Hill

San Francisco, CA

#5754 Feb 11, 2013
State Max wrote:
Hey but don't worry you'll have iPad's to look for new jobs on ....
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N0B5G...
They're doing everything but selling the bathroom sinks. But at least Levine and Co. can fly into Evansville without having to wade through airports.
State max

United States

#5755 Feb 11, 2013
Wake up another good dm let go today because he wouldn't by the company line no questions asked and dared to think for himself. Look at the huge talent drain at the dm position over the last 4 months then look at the lack of integrity of the people filling those spots yes men that will do whatever they are told to do to keep the company happy. Do you really want to work for a company that travels around and says how great things are while plotting to let people go at the same time? Wake up the smart ones are leaving the company while there are still good jobs to be had. You don't have to live like this there is a better way.
Moving on

Lockhart, TX

#5756 Feb 11, 2013
State max wrote:
Wake up another good dm let go today because he wouldn't by the company line no questions asked and dared to think for himself. Look at the huge talent drain at the dm position over the last 4 months then look at the lack of integrity of the people filling those spots yes men that will do whatever they are told to do to keep the company happy. Do you really want to work for a company that travels around and says how great things are while plotting to let people go at the same time? Wake up the smart ones are leaving the company while there are still good jobs to be had. You don't have to live like this there is a better way.
Who got let go today? I thought the closings were done and things were going great!!!! I guess that's been all a lie???
Wow

Lockhart, TX

#5757 Feb 11, 2013
Looks like DKG is back in charge getting rid of all that crossed her...I agree some people need to look in the mirror cause the reason things are not working is because she keeps doing the same things that don't work and hasn't workred for years
State max

United States

#5758 Feb 11, 2013
Yep great guy in Houston let go because he wouldn't put his head up her ass. If Texas is the #1 market in the company and they are letting her call the shots no wonder Levine has already sunk two companies. Looks like they are going for a three peat.
honest john

United States

#5759 Feb 12, 2013
Its coming down the pipe second week of march, we will be filing bk, receiveables will be liquidated and sold. What a great ride while it lasted.
honest abe

Plano, TX

#5760 Feb 12, 2013
honest john wrote:
Its coming down the pipe second week of march, we will be filing bk, receiveables will be liquidated and sold. What a great ride while it lasted.
Source?
Mr M

Tucker, GA

#5761 Feb 12, 2013
State max wrote:
Yep great guy in Houston let go because he wouldn't put his head up her ass. If Texas is the #1 market in the company and they are letting her call the shots no wonder Levine has already sunk two companies. Looks like they are going for a three peat.
You must be talking about Tom Klienman, he was a good supervisor. Collateral Damage for Ms Gwens Vengence.
Mr M

United States

#5762 Feb 12, 2013
Mission impossible part 3....
CasFrAmBmDmAdoDo

Sperry, OK

#5763 Feb 12, 2013
Bk, really?
I cannot tell a lie

United States

#5764 Feb 12, 2013
While I think bk is a foregone conclusion I would be surprised if it was happening as fast as next month. The company has put out completely unrealistic growth goals and one of two things will happen now both lead to bk. 1) The growth goals are obtained in which case credit quality will have been sacrificed so much that charge off will literally eat the company alive. In this senerio the company might actually turn a profit for a quarter or two before charge off takes us back into the red forever. 2) The growth goals are not obtained in which case the required revenue to turn a profit is not generated and the company files bk. This would be the cleaner way but my gut says that the first senerio is how it will go down. So beware of the wolves in sheep's clothing saying "look how much we are gaining and look we've turned a profit " because anyone that is honest with themselves knows that kind of growth with these kind of rates is not sustainable and when the check comes due charge off is going to blow. I would say this would all play out by the end of the first quarter of 2014 at the latest. PS look how they are beefing up staff at hq in the lending and collection areas they are building to shut down the brick and mortor if they have to.... Don't say you weren't warned

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Tue Swedenforever 6
Why I was not on a Loan note (Mar '11) May '16 Margaret 3
News From Member of the Bar to Piano Bar: AIG's Russ... May '16 SINGER Hedge Para... 1
News Obama opposes 90% tax on bonuses at bailouts (Mar '09) Apr '16 FancyButtPirate 14
News Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Feb '16 Bailouts 14
News Bush Super PAC Fundraising Plummeted in Past Si... Feb '16 Card Carrying Zio... 1
News AIG to Hold Strategy Update on Jan. 26 Amid Ica... Jan '16 bring on yesterday 2
More from around the web