American General Finance Layoffs
The program

Lockhart, TX

#5724 Jan 10, 2013
I'm sure the company is doing great... Because my DO said so. We are just rebuilding and it takes time. The company is a great place to work
Truthful and Accurate

Springfield, IL

#5725 Jan 12, 2013
The program wrote:
I'm sure the company is doing great... Because my DO said so. We are just rebuilding and it takes time. The company is a great place to work
Yes, very great.

Raided by the FBI, harassing current and past workers, bailed out and repeatedly sold, cheating customers.....all very 'great'.

"24% loans !?!
You're better off taking the bus and eating out of cans.
Explaining why it is a good idea to take out a loan with AGF/SPRINGLEAF is like explaining why it is a good idea to buy furniture or appliances through Rent-A-Center: The costs just don’t add up.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF will claim that sending them a Cease and Desist letter is ALWAYS a bad idea, but there are definitely situations where it is necessary to do so. My posts regarding this always state that you can still be sued, and I have never claimed someone should not pay their bills. However, they continually try to distort the truth by claiming that I have. One should consider the true reasons why AGF/SPRINGLEAF doesn’t want to be sent these letters.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF wants to be in their debtor’s ear as much as possible, not merely to get them to pay their bills, but to sell them as much debt as possible, no matter how unwise it is. They seek to keep people as uninformed and in-the-dark about their rights as possible. There are good reasons why the Fair Debt Act was passed, and their company has a horrible track record with so many who have worked for them as well.Look at the rude, insulting comments being made on this public website by current AGF/SPRINGLEAF employees posing as laid-off or fired employees and ask yourself if these are the kinds of people you want to be indebted to.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interestsThese people are not deadbeats, yet AGF/SPRINGLEAF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all businesses do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF/SPRINGLEAF o leave them alone.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received.Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt, however. "
The program

United States

#5726 Jan 12, 2013
Truthful and Accurate wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, very great.
Raided by the FBI, harassing current and past workers, bailed out and repeatedly sold, cheating customers.....all very 'great'.
"24% loans !?!
Explaining why it is a good idea to take out a loan with AGF/SPRINGLEAF is like explaining why it is a good idea to buy furniture or appliances through Rent-A-Center: The costs just don’t add up.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF will claim that sending them a Cease and Desist letter is ALWAYS a bad idea, but there are definitely situations where it is necessary to do so. My posts regarding this always state that you can still be sued, and I have never claimed someone should not pay their bills. However, they continually try to distort the truth by claiming that I have. One should consider the true reasons why AGF/SPRINGLEAF doesn’t want to be sent these letters.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF wants to be in their debtor’s ear as much as possible, not merely to get them to pay their bills, but to sell them as much debt as possible, no matter how unwise it is. They seek to keep people as uninformed and in-the-dark about their rights as possible. There are good reasons why the Fair Debt Act was passed, and their company has a horrible track record with so many who have worked for them as well.Look at the rude, insulting comments being made on this public website by current AGF/SPRINGLEAF employees posing as laid-off or fired employees and ask yourself if these are the kinds of people you want to be indebted to.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interestsThese people are not deadbeats, yet AGF/SPRINGLEAF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all businesses do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF/SPRINGLEAF o leave them alone.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received.Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt, however. "
You Repeatedly post the same comment over and over... Very weak... Where is your proof of FBI raid? Why don't you quit
Truthful and Accurate

Springfield, IL

#5727 Jan 12, 2013
The program wrote:
<quoted text>
You Repeatedly post the same comment over and over... Very weak... Where is your proof of FBI raid? Why don't you quit
Why ? so you can call up the source and get them to quash the article ?

Your company harasses workers through a crony employment networking which undermines the true freedoms people should have in this country.

It's not weak. It's a response to the lies and abuse you have doled out to so many, and the effect it has had upon their lives.
Truthful and Accurate

Springfield, IL

#5728 Jan 12, 2013
People should'nt live in fear of corporations.

Nor should they have their lives destroyed, or reputations determinded by hack managers who got the job because they were part of the right clique.
Twilight

Logan, WV

#5729 Jan 13, 2013
No raises agAin?!

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#5730 Jan 13, 2013
Twilight wrote:
No raises agAin?!
I havent heard of that yet!
Jojo

Redmond, WA

#5731 Jan 15, 2013
It is true
Fun

Lockhart, TX

#5733 Jan 15, 2013
Sounds like fun
pinga

United States

#5734 Jan 17, 2013
I heard no raises too
State Max

United States

#5735 Jan 17, 2013
Who do you guys work for you should have been told months ago no raises. There will be no raises until we turn a profit if we ever do
Bye

United States

#5736 Jan 23, 2013
Well, what did everyone think of the VIP tour:)
bob s

United States

#5737 Jan 25, 2013
Bye wrote:
Well, what did everyone think of the VIP tour:)
What VIP tour? Anyone hear what's new from the CA division meeting?
funny

Springfield, IL

#5738 Jan 28, 2013
So are there any Sr. D.O.'s left? If not who are the D.O.'s reporting to?
Billy

United States

#5739 Jan 29, 2013
Interesting no termination review comitee anymore.
Wondering

Springfield, IL

#5740 Feb 1, 2013
Billy wrote:
Interesting no termination review comitee anymore.
Very interesting.
yep

Graham, NC

#5741 Feb 3, 2013
How does it feel to see your company gutted like an animal being butchered? No TRC, top level executives bailing like rats on a sinking ship...
Glass half full

Fenton, MI

#5742 Feb 3, 2013
yep wrote:
How does it feel to see your company gutted like an animal being butchered? No TRC, top level executives bailing like rats on a sinking ship...
Doesn't bother me, I still get my quarterly bonus and company matching my 401k. There have been many improvements to the company since you were let go, if that was the case. Just worry about yourself bro
D O has no ballz

Waynesboro, PA

#5743 Feb 5, 2013
About my DO.....

He has a drawl
He's from the South
He loves when his superiors
Ejaculate in his mouth.

He thinks he is funny
And that he has wit
He got to his current position
Because he does not spit.
State Max

Springfield, IL

#5744 Feb 5, 2013
Truthful and Accurate wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, very great.
"24% loans !?!
How True !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Tue Swedenforever 6
Why I was not on a Loan note (Mar '11) May '16 Margaret 3
News From Member of the Bar to Piano Bar: AIG's Russ... May '16 SINGER Hedge Para... 1
News Obama opposes 90% tax on bonuses at bailouts (Mar '09) Apr '16 FancyButtPirate 14
News Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Feb '16 Bailouts 14
News Bush Super PAC Fundraising Plummeted in Past Si... Feb '16 Card Carrying Zio... 1
News AIG to Hold Strategy Update on Jan. 26 Amid Ica... Jan '16 bring on yesterday 2
More from around the web