American General Finance Layoffs
Good-bye Big Dog

Springfield, IL

#5598 Oct 18, 2012
KARMA wrote:
For those of you hanging on there at Springleaf the recent news should be viewed as very positive.
Someone has obviously FINALY recognized where the real problem with this company is and decided to cut out the cancer.. Good riddens Mikey!! Hopefully they wont stop there and they will get rid of the rest of the cancer Mikey left behind at the DO level....
Finally. Should've been done 10 years ago.
Curious

Federal Way, WA

#5599 Oct 19, 2012
What happened to him?
Northbound train wreck

Ashburn, VA

#5601 Oct 23, 2012
More layoffs coming next week....starting Tuesday
Northbound train wreck

Ashburn, VA

#5602 Oct 23, 2012
ADO's all getting demoted to DM next week... Several dm's getting cut and expanding other dm's district size to 10-12 per dm..cutting several DO's and will be realigned next week....also cutting the QAC as well as admins from do office

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#5603 Oct 23, 2012
Does this cover all states? Any branch closings?
really

Crandall, TX

#5604 Oct 24, 2012
I can't see them letting the admins go unless they are getting rid of all the DOs...
SLFS Slave

Melrose Park, IL

#5605 Oct 24, 2012
Im interested in knowing what kind of severance some people received after being let go... Anyone?
Lostinla

Ashburn, VA

#5606 Oct 24, 2012
Borchers in town, $hit about to go down. I guess I should have taken the severance package when they offered it. AIG's agreement is over and there will be no more deals. Everyone.... Update those resumes.
PTSD

United States

#5607 Oct 24, 2012
I swear working for this company is like freaking psychological warfare. Every time you start to think things are turning a corner or going to get better here comes another round of layoffs. This is complete bs I'm begging to get a severance and a chance to do something else.
lost

Philadelphia, PA

#5609 Oct 24, 2012
One week per year
SLFS Slave

Melrose Park, IL

#5610 Oct 24, 2012
I can only hope to be laid off... But either way, im out of there by end of first quarter next year.
Northbound train wreck

Cypress, TX

#5611 Oct 24, 2012
The 1st round of layoffs came before the election in 2008....
News

United States

#5612 Oct 24, 2012
No, they came day after in 2008
PTSD

United States

#5613 Oct 24, 2012
The election doesn't have jack to do with anything what do you guys think they want to see who is president before they make their final cuts. What everyone needs to get is this. You are a passenger on a sinking ship. The company hit an iceberge in 2008 and has slowly been going down ever since. Sure there's been times when it's looked brighter, like maybe we'll make it but then the realization comes back that no we aren't. Look at all the crap we've been through. Branch network cut in 1/2 hq slashed people that have given their entire lives to this company tossed aside like. The actions are not actions of a healthy company. Sure upper management or what's left of it is playing the Wizard of Oz game with us "never mind what's behind the curtain keep making loans and collecting them back" but I for one am sick of it. I'm sick of seeing my friends I've known for years let go, I'm sick of getting benefits slashed, I'm sick of no raises while the cost of everything goes up. I'm sick of every time some big shot leaves they replace them with a "borrowed" employee from fortress. You know there was a time when upper management had some skin in the game when it mattered to them if the company did well because they had out their whole lives into it but these guys if the company makes it sure they get more money but they are already rich and if we go down they'll just trot back to fortress and wait for their next assignment. Well I don't care if I have to work three jobs I'm getting off this sinking ship and you should too!!!!!
HQEmp

Evansville, IN

#5614 Oct 24, 2012
SDO's are going bye bye....some big wigs that can't hang with the change too.....I think it's a good move for the company.
Slot machine

Ashburn, VA

#5615 Oct 25, 2012
Everyone needs to get back to work and make loans and collect... There is nothing going on
SLFS Slave

Melrose Park, IL

#5616 Oct 25, 2012
Got announcement that Borchers, Levin, etc are visiting Monday and we are supposed to call them by first names?! Don't bullshit me, I have never met any of you in the 10 years I worked here so please do not think you are fooling me. We are not on same level and by letting me call you Brad does not make me any happier to be your "slave"...
Slot machine

Ashburn, VA

#5617 Oct 25, 2012
SLFS Slave wrote:
Got announcement that Borchers, Levin, etc are visiting Monday and we are supposed to call them by first names?! Don't bullshit me, I have never met any of you in the 10 years I worked here so please do not think you are fooling me. We are not on same level and by letting me call you Brad does not make me any happier to be your "slave"...
I guess they will know who you are now!!!!!and why are you posting and not making and collecting loans... Everyone needs to work hard and let's build our company back
Relieved

Ashburn, VA

#5618 Oct 25, 2012
The Taurus is coming the Taurus is coming....
SLFS Slave

Melrose Park, IL

#5619 Oct 25, 2012
Slot machine wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess they will know who you are now!!!!!and why are you posting and not making and collecting loans... Everyone needs to work hard and let's build our company back
Right because the fact that they are in town where we easily have 20 or more offices really narrows it down... If you are happy here, im happy for you. I am happy here at times too but lately, not so much. Go make/collect loans like you say. Build the company back up while they tear down employees. No compassion for the individuals who they rely on to better their business.

Lol@"the Tauruses are coming"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jun '16 Swedenforever 6
Why I was not on a Loan note (Mar '11) May '16 Margaret 3
News From Member of the Bar to Piano Bar: AIG's Russ... (May '16) May '16 SINGER Hedge Para... 1
News Obama opposes 90% tax on bonuses at bailouts (Mar '09) Apr '16 FancyButtPirate 14
News Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Feb '16 Bailouts 14
News Bush Super PAC Fundraising Plummeted in Past Si... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Card Carrying Zio... 1
News AIG to Hold Strategy Update on Jan. 26 Amid Ica... (Jan '16) Jan '16 bring on yesterday 2
More from around the web