Q4 ACE

Appleton, WI

#5569 Jun 24, 2012
Not much activity on here lately so that is nice to see. It is too bad so much garbage is posted here as a lot of GOOD employees have found this site and nervously check it for breaking info, some of which is fact and most of which is fiction. I have kept an eye on it as a recently removed employee just to see what is what. For those who care let me tell you how nice it is to be gone. How nice it is to be employed where your abilities are utilized, where there is professionalism, where there are no secrets, where you can go to work on Monday and KNOW you will have a job on Friday. I am not saying that SLFS will fail, and for ALL the great people still employed there I hope it doesnt, but let me tell you the great relief of not having to care anymore one way or another. I read the news for SLFS when there is some, and man the prospects look bleak. I dont have any news to share, just the perspective that if there is an opportunity to get out it is more than worth it to leave! And for those of you posting crap and outright lies you are really scaring a lot of hard working people. Regardless of what you think of SLFS, they employ people who go to work and do their job. For the people I am speaking about take everything you read here with caution. A lot of despicable people take joy in your misfortune.
Fat Delong

Santa Ana, CA

#5570 Jun 28, 2012
Not much activity on here lately so that is nice to see. It is too bad so much garbage is posted here as a lot of GOOD employees have found this site and nervously check it for breaking info, some of which is fact and most of which is fiction. I have kept an eye on it as a recently removed employee just to see what is what. For those who care let me tell you how nice it is to be gone. How nice it is to be employed where your abilities are utilized, where there is professionalism, where there are no secrets, where you can go to work on Monday and KNOW you will have a job on Friday. I am not saying that SLFS will fail, and for ALL the great people still employed there I hope it doesnt, but let me tell you the great relief of not having to care anymore one way or another. I read the news for SLFS when there is some, and man the prospects look bleak. I dont have any news to share, just the perspective that if there is an opportunity to get out it is more than worth it to leave! And for those of you posting crap and outright lies you are really scaring a lot of hard working people. Regardless of what you think of SLFS, they employ people who go to work and do their job. For the people I am speaking about take everything you read here with caution. A lot of despicable people take joy in your misfortune.

"Delicious point Q4 Ace!!! Lets go to lunch on the company dime!!!"
News

Newburgh, IN

#5571 Jul 9, 2012
Rumors at Headquarters are there are more layoffs to come. Most likely in the next 2 months many for headquarters employees.
How True

Springfield, IL

#5572 Jul 12, 2012
News wrote:
Rumors at Headquarters are there are more layoffs to come. Most likely in the next 2 months many for headquarters employees.
Doubtful.

Fortress has a multi-billion dollar hedge fund at its disposal to provide Springleaf with monies to loan that it cannot get from outside sources due to its low bond rating.

That's why its called 'Fortress'. They provide a shelter for a sick company until the climate changes and the company can resume full-bore its rip-off usuary consumer lending.
Northbound train wreck

Houston, TX

#5573 Jul 12, 2012
I heard the same from D.O and dm
Speculator

Danielson, CT

#5574 Jul 13, 2012
Fortress has a multi-billion dollar hedge fund at its disposal to provide Springleaf with monies to loan that it cannot get from outside sources due to its low bond rating.
That's why its called 'Fortress'. They provide a shelter for a sick company until the climate changes and the company can resume full-bore its rip-off usuary consumer lending.

Are you saying because Fortress has $$$ they won't layoff employees? Especially Hq. I would expect another round of layoffs. The question to me is ....., did FIG buy AGFS for its employees or it's accounts/customers. If it is the latter, then be prepared.
How True

Springfield, IL

#5575 Jul 13, 2012
Northbound train wreck wrote:
I heard the same from D.O and dm
You don't think they would lie to you, do you ?
How True

Springfield, IL

#5576 Jul 13, 2012
Speculator wrote:
Are you saying because Fortress has $$$ they won't layoff employees? Especially Hq. I would expect another round of layoffs. The question to me is ....., did FIG buy AGFS for its employees or it's accounts/customers. If it is the latter, then be prepared.
Are you suggesting they might wind up chopping the company up and selling it off ala Gordon Gekko in 'Wall Street'/Mitt Romney at Bain Capitol, or maybe use it for a 2 to 1 tax write off in case of bankruptcy ?
I guess you're right. Those things could happen.
Northbound train wreck

Houston, TX

#5577 Jul 14, 2012
How True wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think they would lie to you, do you ?
They were right every other time... Also BK was mentioned in the last DO meeting at home office... That's the reason for the change in bi-weekly
Payroll...according to my dm who is very close with the ADO
Speculator

Danielson, CT

#5578 Jul 14, 2012
How True wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting they might wind up chopping the company up and selling it off ala Gordon Gekko in 'Wall Street'/Mitt Romney at Bain Capitol, or maybe use it for a 2 to 1 tax write off in case of bankruptcy ?
I guess you're right. Those things could happen.
No, they're only trying to do that to ResCap. I'm sure they will keep Springleaf Intact due to it's fine management team currently in place.
Outsider

Woodbridge, VA

#5579 Jul 16, 2012
More HQ layoffs are coming. Company trying to cut expenses to the bone.
Useless

Overland Park, KS

#5581 Jul 21, 2012
"Fat DeLong", must be another disgruntled former employee with nothing better to do, besides post under stupid fake user names online. Lets keep this forum alive and useful.
Proudly Former

Louisville, KY

#5582 Jul 23, 2012
Useless wrote:
"Fat DeLong", must be another disgruntled former employee with nothing better to do, besides post under stupid fake user names online. Lets keep this forum alive and useful.
Yeah! Alive with rumours, panic, gossip and paranioa.

It is sad, but when you crap on hardworking good people, they will gladly take time out of their day by checking this forum to get happiness from your demise.

Face it. You are in a dying company that was crooked from the start. Grow a set and find a new job.
Ralph Nader

Springfield, IL

#5585 Aug 13, 2012
Citizen Nader wrote:
24% loans !?!
You're better off taking the bus and eating out of cans.
Explaining why it is a good idea to take out a loan with AGF/SPRINGLEAF is like explaining why it is a good idea to buy furniture or appliances through Rent-A-Center: The costs just don’t add up.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF will claim that sending them a Cease and Desist letter is ALWAYS a bad idea, but there are definitely situations where it is necessary to do so. My posts regarding this always state that you can still be sued, and I have never claimed someone should not pay their bills. However, they continually try to distort the truth by claiming that I have. One should consider the true reasons why AGF/SPRINGLEAF doesn’t want to be sent these letters.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF wants to be in their debtor’s ear as much as possible, not merely to get them to pay their bills, but to sell them as much debt as possible, no matter how unwise it is. They seek to keep people as uninformed and in-the-dark about their rights as possible. There are good reasons why the Fair Debt Act was passed, and their company has a horrible track record with so many who have worked for them as well.Look at the rude, insulting comments being made on this public website by current AGF/SPRINGLEAF employees posing as laid-off or fired employees and ask yourself if these are the kinds of people you want to be indebted to.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interestsThese people are not deadbeats, yet AGF/SPRINGLEAF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all businesses do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF/SPRINGLEAF o leave them alone.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received.Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt, however.
You said it, Ralph.
FormerLeaf

Red Oak, IA

#5588 Sep 7, 2012
No news on here lately. Must be a good sign for you unfortunate few that are still left?
holybleep

Owings Mills, MD

#5589 Sep 7, 2012
The company has cut off retail again. The last three times they did that offices closed within 2-3 months. So hold on to your hats here we go again.
BManager

Newburgh, IN

#5590 Sep 13, 2012
5 headquarters HR people got let go today.
BManager2

Springfield, IL

#5592 Sep 14, 2012
BManager wrote:
5 headquarters HR people got let go today.
Think he bought it ?
SLFS slave

Chicago, IL

#5593 Oct 10, 2012
This forum is all for shits & giggles... Entertainment...
big dog

Toms River, NJ

#5594 Oct 10, 2012
How many DO,s are left in this company

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bank bailout plans loosen credit markets a bit;... (Sep '08) Sep 12 hubertfields00 8
Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Aug '14 swedenforever 6
AIG Prepares to Pay About $100 Million in Bonuses (Feb '10) Jun '14 swedenforever 4
Aig Ceo's Son Was Paid $102,549 From September ... (Apr '14) Jun '14 kateysmith 2
Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jun '14 swedenforever 5
McCain says government `forced' to bail out AIG (Sep '08) May '14 swedenforever 53
3 Things to Look for in American International ... Apr '14 Melinda Volmer 1

American International Group People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE