American General Finance Layoffs
Cubicle dweller

Powell, OH

#4603 Feb 6, 2012
I don't think I am going to do much work this week, I think I will just color pictures of typewriters. Maybe I just won't go anymore...

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4604 Feb 6, 2012
Harold Kunze wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually at Springleaf there aren't too many layers. Why isn't the company profitable right now? Horrible acquisitions. Stupid real estate loans. There are only a few people that made the decisions to bring the company to where it is now. SDO's & above and some DO's are to blame for this. They need to be replaced with people who can steer this company in a more profitable direction by doing loans that make sense. It wasn't the DM's and the branch employees who were making decisions on what loans we do & what acquisitions we want to make.
Not only the acquisitions that went in the branches but the whole Wilmington Mortgage was just a disaster waiting to happen. The SDO's need to go for sure and 75% of the DO's are the SDO hand picked favorites no matter what their qualifications were. There's a lot of good old boy networking going on in Evansville and has been that way for a long time. That's why good hard working people get let go while the average employee stays on the job.
Exhausted

Florence, KY

#4605 Feb 6, 2012
My job as a HQ employee is to support the branch network. I will continue to support the efforts of our field employees. The more productive I am the more productive they can be and maybe just maybe we can recover from this.
oooo

Toledo, OH

#4606 Feb 6, 2012
Cubicle dweller wrote:
I don't think I am going to do much work this week, I think I will just color pictures of typewriters. Maybe I just won't go anymore...
hmmm..... Why don't you just quit? If you aren't going to give your all we don't need you around. For the people still trying to make this company great you are an insult.
oooo

Toledo, OH

#4607 Feb 6, 2012
Exhausted wrote:
My job as a HQ employee is to support the branch network. I will continue to support the efforts of our field employees. The more productive I am the more productive they can be and maybe just maybe we can recover from this.
thank you for your help and support. Hopefully there are many more of you
hangin on

Mooresville, NC

#4608 Feb 6, 2012
So what's the thoughts at hq? Is that where most of the focus is?
cubicle dweller

Powell, OH

#4609 Feb 6, 2012
wow! oooo I was being sarcastic in light of the people on here that are doing nothing but complaining about IT, Manager's,HQ and the company in general, some of which are not even with the company any longer. You took my post in the wrong way.
hangin on

Mooresville, NC

#4610 Feb 6, 2012
Harold Kunze wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually at Springleaf there aren't too many layers. Why isn't the company profitable right now? Horrible acquisitions. Stupid real estate loans. There are only a few people that made the decisions to bring the company to where it is now. SDO's & above and some DO's are to blame for this. They need to be replaced with people who can steer this company in a more profitable direction by doing loans that make sense. It wasn't the DM's and the branch employees who were making decisions on what loans we do & what acquisitions we want to make.
Do you run a branch? People like you are why the company is failing. Sitting around blaming folks rather than working towards the solution. When was the last acquisition? The company isnt profitable because real estate tanked. And amazingly enough it wasn't only on homes that were financed by American General or some part of morequity.. it was nation wide...my heart and prayers go out to those thay have or will be layed off. But lets try to get done what we can to save all the jobs we can...to become profitable is the goal and sitting around pointing fingures doesn't sell insurance and put state rate loans on the books.
Postitution

Springfield, IL

#4611 Feb 6, 2012
Exhausted wrote:
In the long run, it would be better for society, and many of the decent people forced to work for Springleaf out of a need for some kind of work, if the company did not survive.

There are many corporate 'politicians' posting here now to bury the truth about this company in attempt to bury the truth of the may posts made here revealing the dark side of this company.

I hope the decent people who wished they worked for a more honorable company find that work. As for the others, I hope they get what they deserve.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4612 Feb 6, 2012
cubicle dweller wrote:
wow! oooo I was being sarcastic in light of the people on here that are doing nothing but complaining about IT, Manager's,HQ and the company in general, some of which are not even with the company any longer. You took my post in the wrong way.
I thought this forum was for those laid off by American General or those about to be laid off. Hence the name American General Finance Layoffs? I fully expect people to be scared for their jobs, pissed off at the company for either taking their job away or playing games prolonging the not knowing. Which in some cases can be harder than finally getting the word. Some people get on here and just say what's on their mind, others bitch about what happened to them. It's their right no matter if it happened today or years ago. Last week we had Harold someone getting on Barney whoever he is case. Hey the man lost his job and from what I read was a long time guy so he's earned the right to bitch and complain. We all have.
hangin on

Mooresville, NC

#4615 Feb 6, 2012
Postitution wrote:
<quoted text>
In the long run, it would be better for society, and many of the decent people forced to work for Springleaf out of a need for some kind of work, if the company did not survive.
There are many corporate 'politicians' posting here now to bury the truth about this company in attempt to bury the truth of the may posts made here revealing the dark side of this company.
I hope the decent people who wished they worked for a more honorable company find that work. As for the others, I hope they get what they deserve.
WOW....bitter or did somebody still your blanky? There are a lot worse out there.
hangin on

Mooresville, NC

#4616 Feb 6, 2012
Harold Kunze wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone other than senior management really run a branch? If you think you run a branch, then why not go into your branch and just do loans as you see fit. Don't follow any guidelines, just charge any rate you want for any risk. See how long that lasts. We do what senior management tells us to do, it's that simple. You aren't going to go in tomorrow and do a loan on the same terms a bank may offer. All we do is follow direction from senior management.
Not sure about you but I run mine..state rate for all...as many as i can...if i need to reduce rate i will to convert the retail..especially if its that 5.99% american standard junk....you make a great point though...you don't run your branch you are micromanaged by somebody else....not much of a way to prove your worth ti the company
Barney

Springfield, IL

#4617 Feb 6, 2012
Harold Kunze wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Barney, how crazy you have become. Forced to work for Springleaf? Forced? Do you attempt to make any sense of your thoughts before typing them? There is no truth to be buried about this company. We do loans. Customers sign for loans. If customers don't want loans, they don't come in and sign for them. Pretty simple stuff. I realize you are upset that Springleaf calls and solicits its good customers, sadly you don't realize that ANY sensible business does that.
Hey Harry not every post from Springfield is made by me. So stop with the drama already. You won't even post who you are or where you are from, but are first to try and slander my name. When you are man enough to actually use your real name then maybe people will start taking you seriously. For the record I spent 26 years with AGF of my own free will.
Barney

Springfield, IL

#4619 Feb 6, 2012
Harold Kunze wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it's not slander when you write the post yourself. Maybe I should believe you. Holy crap, Barney is here to defend his good name mere minutes after he was accused of writing a post! That guy must just monitor this board by the minute waiting to defend his good name! I don't need anyone to take me seriously. Anyone in the midwest, whether they post here or just read the posts, knows it's you writing. This has been known long before I ever said anything. People in other areas don't know it's you...nor do they actually know you. Or care.
Well Harry it just goes to show how stupid you are and whomever in the midwest you are speaking for. I was made aware you were making false posts about me on this site. So I have been watching it over the last few nights. You seem to be on here a lot yourself Harry. Still won't come out of the closet to give your real name and that in itself tells me you are scared of me. Maybe you are actually just jealous cause I walked away from AGF and moved on with my life. Happy, Healthy and employed.
Barney

Springfield, IL

#4621 Feb 6, 2012
So according to Harold Kunze everyone who loses their job with Springleaf was fired. Your job wasn't eliminated from branch closings you were fired. See the above post and you'll see just how stupid this guy really is. Harry you need to get your facts straight before you open your mouth.
Not false

Dallas, TX

#4622 Feb 6, 2012
Get a room you two

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#4624 Feb 6, 2012
Harold Kunze wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL yeah I'm jealous. You didn't walk away, you were fired. I do wish that I could get canned from a job after 26 years of service so that I could then spend the next 3+ years of my life writing the same weekly post about my former employer on an internet forum. All while acting it's someone else writing it and not me. But admitting I agree with it. Some life you have there, Barn. You're right, I'm scared of you. You might call me names or something. Oh no!
So are you saying everyone that has lost their job do to branch, district, divisions or states closing that we were fired? Tell me you aren't saying that on a forum for those of us that have been let go by Springleaf? If this guy you are talking about lost his job 3 years ago when then AGF did the massive layoffs was fired you are saying that about all of us. We weren't fired. Our branches were closed, our jobs eliminated or districts were realigned.

It pisses me off and I'm sure it will a lot of people here if you are saying we were fired. So what is your story Harold?
Wow

Van Nuys, CA

#4625 Feb 6, 2012
Harold has nothing to say now.
He is so annoying.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#4627 Feb 6, 2012
Wow wrote:
Harold has nothing to say now.
He is so annoying.
Yes he is.
I don't know him, but I think I might know Barney if he's the same guy from the St. Louis area. It's been many years but I remember him being a stand up guy and I can make a few phone calls to people I know that are still in the area that can set the story straight about him. It's starting to sound like Harold has a bigger problem with Barney than just the posts on here. I don't blame Barney if it's who I think it is for being upset about someone saying these things. If he was let go in 2009 along with the other 400 employees then he wasn't fired his job was eliminated. A reduction in force. Like I said I'm going to make a few calls tomorrow and I'll find out the truth once and for all.
The Dark Side

Springfield, IL

#4628 Feb 7, 2012
I know the occasional truth-telling posts must frustrate the 'post-holes' monitoring this website and attempting to kept the truth covered up, but sometimes people are going to see through all their antics from time to time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News AIG layoffs come just before Christmas (Oct '08) Aug 3 tom 44
Ten Most Excellent XviD WMV to MOV Converter Ar... (Mar '09) Mar '17 Newday 6
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jun '16 Swedenforever 6
Why I was not on a Loan note (Mar '11) May '16 Margaret 3
News From Member of the Bar to Piano Bar: AIG's Russ... (May '16) May '16 SINGER Hedge Para... 1
News Obama opposes 90% tax on bonuses at bailouts (Mar '09) Apr '16 FancyButtPirate 14
News Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Feb '16 Bailouts 14
More from around the web