American General Finance Layoffs
Hector

Vancouver, WA

#4324 Jan 31, 2012
Blood bath tomorrow. 15 states will go down.
ok hector

Menlo Park, CA

#4325 Jan 31, 2012
Hector wrote:
Blood bath tomorrow. 15 states will go down.
you can't even name 15 states that have more than 15 offices.

Unemployment you will still get, I know people that have gotten it, all you gotta do is fight it, 2 times and you will get it. Remember, just tell them if you don't get it, you will go to the news station and tell them how they pack on that insurance. That's why some of you idiots never probably saved emails and printed them just in case.
One For Harry

Springfield, IL

#4326 Feb 1, 2012
Harold Kunze wrote:
Hey Barney, you're overdue for your next cease & desist post, ya clown!
As requested:

Explaining why it is a good idea to take out a loan with AGF/SPRINGLEAF is like explaining why it is a good idea to buy furniture or appliances through Rent-A-Center: The costs just don’t add up.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF will claim that sending them a Cease and Desist letter is ALWAYS a bad idea, but there are definitely situations where it is necessary to do so. My posts regarding this always state that you can still be sued, and I have never claimed someone should not pay their bills. However, they continually try to distort the truth by claiming that I have. One should consider the true reasons why AGF/SPRINGLEAF doesn’t want to be sent these letters.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF wants to be in their debtor’s ear as much as possible, not merely to get them to pay their bills, but to sell them as much debt as possible, no matter how unwise it is. They seek to keep people as uninformed and in-the-dark about their rights as possible. There are good reasons why the Fair Debt Act was passed, and their company has a horrible track record with so many who have worked for them as well.Look at the rude, insulting comments being made on this public website by current AGF/SPRINGLEAF employees posing as laid-off or fired employees and ask yourself if these are the kinds of people you want to be indebted to.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interestsThese people are not deadbeats, yet AGF/SPRINGLEAF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all businesses do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF/SPRINGLEAF o leave them alone.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received.Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt, however.
Here at ground zero

Evansville, IN

#4327 Feb 1, 2012
Nothing happening so far today.

Building still open and lights are on.........
Barney

Springfield, IL

#4328 Feb 1, 2012
One For Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
As requested:
Explaining why it is a good idea to take out a loan with AGF/SPRINGLEAF is like explaining why it is a good idea to buy furniture or appliances through Rent-A-Center: The costs just don’t add up.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF will claim that sending them a Cease and Desist letter is ALWAYS a bad idea, but there are definitely situations where it is necessary to do so. My posts regarding this always state that you can still be sued, and I have never claimed someone should not pay their bills. However, they continually try to distort the truth by claiming that I have. One should consider the true reasons why AGF/SPRINGLEAF doesn’t want to be sent these letters.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF wants to be in their debtor’s ear as much as possible, not merely to get them to pay their bills, but to sell them as much debt as possible, no matter how unwise it is. They seek to keep people as uninformed and in-the-dark about their rights as possible. There are good reasons why the Fair Debt Act was passed, and their company has a horrible track record with so many who have worked for them as well.Look at the rude, insulting comments being made on this public website by current AGF/SPRINGLEAF employees posing as laid-off or fired employees and ask yourself if these are the kinds of people you want to be indebted to.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interestsThese people are not deadbeats, yet AGF/SPRINGLEAF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all businesses do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF/SPRINGLEAF o leave them alone.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received.Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt, however.
Thanks maybe Harry will realize Barney isn't doing these posts. I knew it wasn't him.
Closed

United States

#4329 Feb 1, 2012
Sounds like 15 states closing down - NJ NY AZ FL Neveda - the five know of
Closing

Boynton Beach, FL

#4330 Feb 1, 2012
NJ, De and Maryland all closed today
Here at ground zero

Evansville, IN

#4331 Feb 1, 2012
Just called those branches and they still open?
Huh

Birdseye, IN

#4332 Feb 1, 2012
Why are they answering the phones then?
Closing

Boynton Beach, FL

#4333 Feb 1, 2012
Check the springleaf website. Type in a zip from those states. It says no longer doin business
Closing

Boynton Beach, FL

#4334 Feb 1, 2012
Email from CEO confirms it.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#4335 Feb 1, 2012
Got the email this morning. It's true.
what a joke

Fairfield, CA

#4336 Feb 1, 2012
Just give me my severance and I'm gone
Rokthr

Chicago, IL

#4337 Feb 1, 2012
Be glad you got something.
Illinois

Springfield, IL

#4338 Feb 1, 2012
What's happening in Illinois?
My state

Potosi, MO

#4339 Feb 1, 2012
Didnt shut down, thank god. To all those who got the boot, sorry for your luck. Hopefully you'll find another job quickly.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4340 Feb 1, 2012
My state wrote:
Didnt shut down, thank god. To all those who got the boot, sorry for your luck. Hopefully you'll find another job quickly.
That is good for you. So what states actually closed or was it just certain offices in states that closed.
vistagirl

Tucson, AZ

#4341 Feb 1, 2012
Well I have a couple friends that still work @ SpringLeaf or AGF and they just told me that all Arizona branches are being closed. Unfortunately I tried to tell them that it was going to happen sooner or later, that is why I left 2 yrs ago. They're not even going to be call centers. That sucks for all the employees. He was just telling me last week that his branch was under 4% deliquency and their NOI was up and had been that way for a while. So it can happen to any branch.
I can hear you

Birdseye, IN

#4342 Feb 1, 2012
Any word on HQ layoffs?
My state

Potosi, MO

#4343 Feb 1, 2012
I didn't realize that south Florida was a state, but I know Michigan is also on that lost. New York and jersey were also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News AIG layoffs come just before Christmas (Oct '08) Aug '17 tom 44
Ten Most Excellent XviD WMV to MOV Converter Ar... (Mar '09) Mar '17 Newday 6
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jun '16 Swedenforever 6
Why I was not on a Loan note (Mar '11) May '16 Margaret 3
News From Member of the Bar to Piano Bar: AIG's Russ... (May '16) May '16 SINGER Hedge Para... 1
News Obama opposes 90% tax on bonuses at bailouts (Mar '09) Apr '16 FancyButtPirate 14
News Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Feb '16 Bailouts 14
More from around the web