Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

what is your consumer yield and size of consumer portfolio?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

ms that was to u
my body is weary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

No branch is safe. I'm sure they will consolidate branches, and high(er) salaries are let go first. With no mortgages the company can't maintain current salaries to managers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

It goes down today
my body is weary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Any specifics sickkkk of it?
honest john

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Judged:

u all are nuts....nothing is happening. quit worrying and get back to work.
this sucks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Judged:

Who has an impalla in their parking lot?
Me_from_Here

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Lady wolves wrote:
Everyone fails to understand what a private equity company does. Typical private equity is driven on ROI, return on investment driven by large pension funds, university endowments and wealthy investors. Their job is NOT to buy companies and run them. It's to buy them dirt cheap, reorganize in a dramatic way to bolster huge returns and lower expenses commensurate with improved returns. That's why no DM conference. No Best Operator. Raises a fraction if any. New hires with lower starting salaries and of course, work the ass off SALARY personnel so that they don't have to pay for overtime.
What is likely going to happen is that the company is readying Figleaf for dismatling (selling off recievables) or spinning this off to yet another owner to realize double digit returns to thier investors. YOU ALL will never know or even be in the fold on whats going on.
I am so gald I left on the life boats before all of this. You are all paid passengers on the Titanic...The world is NOT ready for loan sharks of that size anymore. That's why Citi sold it's unit. The model is anitiquated and legislators are on the prowl for your predatory lending. THAT's the next round of withch hunting.
Get out noww while you can. Have you all notice Standard and Poor's ratings of Springleaf??? Short term debt both domestic and foriegn is "C". That means pending bankruptcy. Look for yourself.
Very well stated. Fortress is a private equity firm as opposed to an leveraged buyout organization. As such, a PE is a non-public and acquires capital from select group investors based upon a track record of providing an enormous ROI to its investors. Because they are private, management does not have to disclose anything to anyone.
The bottom line is this...if you are willing to work for them, great. If you want to leave them, that is great too. In any case, while they "turn around" the company, expenses will continue to be slashed. Payroll is their biggest expense. So, if you are willing to work for them, do not expect significant raises. You are simply a gear in their overall strategy of providing a return to their investors. The more you make, the greater the expense and less of a return on investment. It is that simple.
But think about it. Nothing has changed. AIG was simply a public equity organization that engaged in the same strategy when it acquired American General. All Rick Geisinger et al gave a crap about was providing NOI to AIG. Very little has changed in this aspect.
Being employed in this economy is a very good thing. I got out years ago and yes -you all are correct- the comical demands and goals you are given are unattainable. There is no shame in being employed given the bullcrap you go through in one day at that place. It is called survival.
Ironically enough, a dysfunctional American General somehow did manage to hire quality people.(Like any place, they did pick more than their fare share of dogs...but these individuals certainly gave you a lot to laugh about and kept you entertained!) Unfortunately, AG never did anything to retain the good talent. Instead, it was pushed out the door.
My point: Understand what you are a part of and do not take it personal. Your DM, ADO and DOs certainly do not. When the opportunity arises, get the hell out.
All the best!
Wondering

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Judged:

It's pretty quiet out there. Sounds like someone needs to get their information from a better source.
Kesha

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Judged:

This place about to blow !!!!
Bailouts Forever

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Nah.

They'll get bailed out again.

Explaining why it is a good idea to take out a loan with AGF/SPRINGLEAF is like explaining why it is a good idea to buy furniture or appliances through Rent-A-Center: The costs just don’t add up.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF will claim that sending them a Cease and Desist letter is ALWAYS a bad idea, but there are definitely situations where it is necessary to do so. My posts regarding this always state that you can still be sued, and I have never claimed someone should not pay their bills. However, they continually try to distort the truth by claiming that I have. One should consider the true reasons why AGF/SPRINGLEAF doesn’t want to be sent these letters.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF wants to be in their debtor’s ear as much as possible, not merely to get them to pay their bills, but to sell them as much debt as possible, no matter how unwise it is. They seek to keep people as uninformed and in-the-dark about their rights as possible. There are good reasons why the Fair Debt Act was passed, and their company has a horrible track record with so many who have worked for them as well.Look at the rude, insulting comments being made on this public website by current AGF/SPRINGLEAF employees posing as laid-off or fired employees and ask yourself if these are the kinds of people you want to be indebted to.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interestsThese people are not deadbeats, yet AGF/SPRINGLEAF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all businesses do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF/SPRINGLEAF o leave them alone.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received.Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt, however.
Rumors

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

honest john wrote:
u all are nuts....nothing is happening. quit worrying and get back to work.
That's right John and tell Doug we all said Hi!!!!!
my body is weary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

Judged:

This is the calm before the storm. There will be major changes this upcoming week.
Wondering

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

my body is weary wrote:
This is the calm before the storm. There will be major changes this upcoming week.
How do you know this or are you just guessing? I wonder if they close branches will they do like they did in past or will we come to work one morning and the locks will be changed.
Capt

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Hey, you guys jump over to Citifinanicial Layoff
Topix. Just read the various ordeals (crap) theyre
dealing with. Afterwards, post your thoughts to
the comparisons between what your facing with Springleaf and what Citifinancial employees are dealing with.
Xxxx

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

It is happening soon. Be prepared. Not sure of areas yet. Lots of Rumors across the board, but have seen things, unemployment office has been notified.
Billy

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Good time to look for a job but I wonder if the give the small weeks paid for layoffs like they did in 2008
Billy

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

I plan to stick it out myself. Company has treated me very well so far...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Evansville comment: What areas of the US are you talking about And when do you think all of this will happen.
xxxx

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

The Springleaf layoff rumors are today or maybe tuesday, also the rumors were it was going to happen Friday, I am not sure if Branches will be affected or just corporate or both. Rumors have been 30% cut. Consultants were brought in, made recommendations, ect. I am not surprised by any of this, every email from CEO has been bad news, trimmed 401K and wage freezes. All one can do is wait around and hope for the best.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••