reallyme

Chicago, IL

#4124 Jul 18, 2011
newsboy wrote:
EVANSVILLE, Ind.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Springleaf Financial Services will be the new brand name of the consumer finance business currently known as American General Financial Services (AGFS) beginning in March, 2011.
“This is the beginning of an exciting new chapter in our company’s rich history. In 2010, we celebrated 90 years in business, and now we are pleased to begin the New Year as part of the Fortress family,” said Frederick W.“Rick” Geissinger, Chairman and CEO.“We believe that the name Springleaf captures our sense of optimism, represents a new beginning with a continued strong focus on our customer, and conveys the idea of growth that we hope to achieve.”
AGFS will begin transitioning to the new name beginning in early 2011. The process is anticipated to be completed by July, 2011.
what growth? 50 people were laid off last week on the Evansville operations. I agree with the person who said they keep the sheep!
Gone

Springfield, IL

#4125 Jul 18, 2011
reallyme wrote:
<quoted text> what growth? 50 people were laid off last week on the Evansville operations. I agree with the person who said they keep the sheep!
I agree also the sheep no matter what their performance will stay on the job anyone who isn't a Yes Man will be gone. What areas were hit last week with the lay offs in Evansville?
Still here

United States

#4126 Jul 19, 2011
Gone wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree also the sheep no matter what their performance will stay on the job anyone who isn't a Yes Man will be gone. What areas were hit last week with the lay offs in Evansville?
I heard MorEquity and retail finance. Not a know fact though.
Gone

Springfield, IL

#4127 Jul 20, 2011
Still here wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard MorEquity and retail finance. Not a know fact though.
It's just sad all the way around. I still have great friends in Evansville and hate to see any of them go through what I have. Keep us posted "Still here".
Thankful

United States

#4128 Jul 20, 2011
reallyme wrote:
<quoted text> what growth? 50 people were laid off last week on the Evansville operations. I agree with the person who said they keep the sheep!
There are 9 pages of career opportunities posted on their website. Unfortunately, the people let go from Evansville were in positions that were meant to service products we no longer have. For most of them, they knew it was inevitable. I've been lucky to keep my job through everything, but I am not naive enough to think it couldn't happen to me. I am thankful that I still have my job and my heart goes out to those who lost theirs.
Gone

Springfield, IL

#4129 Jul 20, 2011
Thankful wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 9 pages of career opportunities posted on their website. Unfortunately, the people let go from Evansville were in positions that were meant to service products we no longer have. For most of them, they knew it was inevitable. I've been lucky to keep my job through everything, but I am not naive enough to think it couldn't happen to me. I am thankful that I still have my job and my heart goes out to those who lost theirs.
What's sad is those with 20-30 years on the job that have been let go. That's a lot of expirence down the drain. They were promoting people with 1-1 1/2 years on the job to managers just waiting for them to fail and then letting so many long time employees go a couple years ago. It was a major loss for many of those people. Stay on your toes and watch your back at all times. Only trust those you know very well, those you think are your friends will take your job in a heart beat. Happened to my old boss here in IL. It can happen you anyone.
Yes

Zanesville, OH

#4130 Jul 21, 2011
collector you owe money to does not get rid of

Good gracious , listening to this guy is like listening to a 6 year old teach a history listen, it just doesn't add up? Make a post & post it certified, that u no longer wish to listen to his bulls#%t, keep a copy of your post & watch how he responds to this action, he will have you believe that he is not a loser & has good credit, when we all know the truth, he will try to change this post around to hide his true worthless self. My goodness, over a year now, get a life, or better yet a job!! Post away buddy, u have been served & anything said that is stupid (guarenteed to happen from u) I will likely sue you, as many others already have!!!
AGF Springleaf

Springfield, IL

#4131 Jul 27, 2011
Social Networking vs. Freedom of Speach
Very interesting...
Screwed Years ago

Kansas City, MO

#4132 Aug 15, 2011
AGF is stacked with backstabbing Higher Management from ADO's on up. I was let go years ago due to reallignment and not being in the Old Network. Also, an ADO from STL was was sleeping with a married BM but nothing happened to him. Again, all about who you know. She later became his wife, after her divorce. Sorry to hear about all the employees out of jobs, but not sorry about the company. I worked for them 10 years busting my a$$ for nothing.
Fighting fire

Cincinnati, OH

#4133 Aug 16, 2011
Screwed Years ago wrote:
AGF is stacked with backstabbing Higher Management from ADO's on up. I was let go years ago due to reallignment and not being in the Old Network. Also, an ADO from STL was was sleeping with a married BM but nothing happened to him. Again, all about who you know. She later became his wife, after her divorce. Sorry to hear about all the employees out of jobs, but not sorry about the company. I worked for them 10 years busting my a$$ for nothing.
That ADO you are referring to got demote yet again to DM now. over the same area. Sure glad out of that good ole boy network too...
Happy

Springfield, IL

#4134 Aug 16, 2011
Fighting fire wrote:
<quoted text>
That ADO you are referring to got demote yet again to DM now. over the same area. Sure glad out of that good ole boy network too...
I agree I sure hated giving up almost 30 years, but never been happier and healthier in my life. The good old boy network cost alot of people their jobs all because good people wouldn't put up with the BS. It was all over St. Louis, Chicago, Evansville and as long as those running the company now it will continue.
Screwed Years ago

Kansas City, MO

#4135 Aug 18, 2011
Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree I sure hated giving up almost 30 years, but never been happier and healthier in my life. The good old boy network cost alot of people their jobs all because good people wouldn't put up with the BS. It was all over St. Louis, Chicago, Evansville and as long as those running the company now it will continue.
I agree. There are (were) even Sr Management that knew but turned the shoulder to those activities because of the numbers. You could screw your employees, go out drinking and driving, heck even drink on the job and still get away with it, as long as you were connected or put up the numbers.
Next

Los Angeles, CA

#4136 Aug 18, 2011
Soon will be joining you guys!! I was told today manager must pass the MLO exam or else, they will be terminated...
What is new

Springfield, IL

#4137 Aug 29, 2011
What's new at the Spring?
annom

Kansas City, MO

#4138 Sep 1, 2011
Actually hes in Prison for false loans!!
Obe Wan Kenobe wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Kearns (a very likeable and good dude who hired me back when we were still Manufacturers Hanover Consumer Services - a great company to get your start in finance - he was an old CIT dude as was Al - I learned tons from those guys) probably had the good sense and wisdom to get out years ago. Frank Reed probably said adios too.
Who

Springfield, IL

#4139 Sep 1, 2011
annom wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is in Prison for falsh loans?
lady wolves

Cincinnati, OH

#4140 Sep 2, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if many ados and dos in Borchers, mcclellen's and in the old days, coatneys areas aren't in prison...
Who

Springfield, IL

#4141 Sep 2, 2011
lady wolves wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if many ados and dos in Borchers, mcclellen's and in the old days, coatneys areas aren't in prison...
Yeah McClellan for sure.
AAA Joke

Springfield, IL

#4142 Sep 2, 2011
What is new wrote:
What's new at the Spring?
Lead Balloon Bonds

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/when-cre...
ccc

Riverside, CA

#4143 Sep 9, 2011
ccc rating

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ten Most Excellent XviD WMV to MOV Converter Ar... (Mar '09) Dec '14 gallagherrobby 3
Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Dec '14 Swedenforever 13
Bank bailout plans loosen credit markets a bit;... (Sep '08) Sep '14 hubertfields00 8
AIG Prepares to Pay About $100 Million in Bonuses (Feb '10) Jun '14 swedenforever 4
Aig Ceo's Son Was Paid $102,549 From September ... (Apr '14) Jun '14 kateysmith 2
Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jun '14 swedenforever 5
McCain says government `forced' to bail out AIG (Sep '08) May '14 swedenforever 53
More from around the web