American General Finance Layoffs
Happy

Springfield, IL

#4134 Aug 16, 2011
Fighting fire wrote:
<quoted text>
That ADO you are referring to got demote yet again to DM now. over the same area. Sure glad out of that good ole boy network too...
I agree I sure hated giving up almost 30 years, but never been happier and healthier in my life. The good old boy network cost alot of people their jobs all because good people wouldn't put up with the BS. It was all over St. Louis, Chicago, Evansville and as long as those running the company now it will continue.
Screwed Years ago

Kansas City, MO

#4135 Aug 18, 2011
Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree I sure hated giving up almost 30 years, but never been happier and healthier in my life. The good old boy network cost alot of people their jobs all because good people wouldn't put up with the BS. It was all over St. Louis, Chicago, Evansville and as long as those running the company now it will continue.
I agree. There are (were) even Sr Management that knew but turned the shoulder to those activities because of the numbers. You could screw your employees, go out drinking and driving, heck even drink on the job and still get away with it, as long as you were connected or put up the numbers.
Next

El Monte, CA

#4136 Aug 18, 2011
Soon will be joining you guys!! I was told today manager must pass the MLO exam or else, they will be terminated...
What is new

Springfield, IL

#4137 Aug 29, 2011
What's new at the Spring?
annom

De Soto, KS

#4138 Sep 1, 2011
Actually hes in Prison for false loans!!
Obe Wan Kenobe wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Kearns (a very likeable and good dude who hired me back when we were still Manufacturers Hanover Consumer Services - a great company to get your start in finance - he was an old CIT dude as was Al - I learned tons from those guys) probably had the good sense and wisdom to get out years ago. Frank Reed probably said adios too.
Who

Springfield, IL

#4139 Sep 1, 2011
annom wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is in Prison for falsh loans?
lady wolves

Cincinnati, OH

#4140 Sep 2, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if many ados and dos in Borchers, mcclellen's and in the old days, coatneys areas aren't in prison...
Who

Springfield, IL

#4141 Sep 2, 2011
lady wolves wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if many ados and dos in Borchers, mcclellen's and in the old days, coatneys areas aren't in prison...
Yeah McClellan for sure.
AAA Joke

Springfield, IL

#4142 Sep 2, 2011
What is new wrote:
What's new at the Spring?
Lead Balloon Bonds

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/when-cre...
ccc

Riverside, CA

#4143 Sep 9, 2011
ccc rating
ccc

Springfield, IL

#4144 Sep 10, 2011
Goodbye Rick

Springfield, IL

#4145 Sep 19, 2011
Hello Jay

Springfield, IL

#4146 Sep 19, 2011
Run For It

Springfield, IL

#4147 Sep 26, 2011
"Bond investors are fleeing Springleaf Finance Corp., the subprime lender owned by Fortress Investment Group, as a weakening global economy threatens plans to create a company that would buy some of its assets."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...
AAA Joke

Springfield, IL

#4148 Sep 27, 2011
Run For It wrote:
"Bond investors are fleeing Springleaf Finance Corp., the subprime lender owned by Fortress Investment Group, as a weakening global economy threatens plans to create a company that would buy some of its assets."
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...
Explaining why it is a good idea to take out a loan with AGF/SPRINGLEAF is like explaining why it is a good idea to buy furniture or appliances through Rent-A-Center: The costs just don’t add up.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF will claim that sending them a Cease and Desist letter is ALWAYS a bad idea, but there are definitely situations where it is necessary to do so. My posts regarding this always state that you can still be sued, and I have never claimed someone should not pay their bills. However, they continually try to distort the truth by claiming that I have. One should consider the true reasons why AGF/SPRINGLEAF doesn’t want to be sent these letters.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF wants to be in their debtor’s ear as much as possible, not merely to get them to pay their bills, but to sell them as much debt as possible, no matter how unwise it is. They seek to keep people as uninformed and in-the-dark about their rights as possible. There are good reasons why the Fair Debt Act was passed, and their company has a horrible track record with so many who have worked for them as well.Look at the rude, insulting comments being made on this public website by current AGF/SPRINGLEAF employees posing as laid-off or fired employees and ask yourself if these are the kinds of people you want to be indebted to.
AGF/SPRINGLEAF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interestsThese people are not deadbeats, yet AGF/SPRINGLEAF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all businesses do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF/SPRINGLEAF o leave them alone.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received.Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt, however.
bmanager

Tomball, TX

#4149 Sep 28, 2011
Why did Brad McLean leave the company?
Screwed Years ago

Kansas City, MO

#4150 Sep 28, 2011
I think that if the parent company or even the highest up at AGF back in the day new what was going on, they would have cleaned house. I figured when AIG bought them, they would but now we see they had their own problems.
Wondering

Springfield, IL

#4151 Sep 28, 2011
So where did Brad go?
Never going to happen

Springfield, IL

#4152 Sep 28, 2011
Screwed Years ago wrote:
I think that if the parent company or even the highest up at AGF back in the day new what was going on, they would have cleaned house. I figured when AIG bought them, they would but now we see they had their own problems.
Maybe the new CEO wont be fooled by Borchers, McClellan and company. A lot of things went unnoticed while Rick was in charge. I hope nobody else loses their job, but I'd getting my resume ready cause liquidation could be in the next business news flash from Evansville.
test

United States

#4153 Oct 12, 2011
Testing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News AIG layoffs come just before Christmas (Oct '08) Aug 3 tom 44
Ten Most Excellent XviD WMV to MOV Converter Ar... (Mar '09) Mar '17 Newday 6
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jun '16 Swedenforever 6
Why I was not on a Loan note (Mar '11) May '16 Margaret 3
News From Member of the Bar to Piano Bar: AIG's Russ... (May '16) May '16 SINGER Hedge Para... 1
News Obama opposes 90% tax on bonuses at bailouts (Mar '09) Apr '16 FancyButtPirate 14
News Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Feb '16 Bailouts 14
More from around the web