already
starting
to
drip
blood.
Doubt It

Springfield, IL

#4054 Apr 7, 2011
Explaining why it is a good idea to take out a loan with AGF is like explaining why it is a good idea to buy furniture or appliances through Rent-A-Center: The costs just don’t add up.
AGF will claim that sending them a Cease and Desist letter is ALWAYS a bad idea, but there are definitely situations where it is necessary to do so. My posts regarding this always state that you can still be sued, and I have never claimed someone should not pay their bills. However, they continually try to distort the truth by claiming that I have. One should consider the true reasons why AGF doesn’t want to be sent these letters.
AGF wants to be in their debtor’s ear as much as possible, not merely to get them to pay their bills, but to sell them as much debt as possible, no matter how unwise it is. They seek to keep people as uninformed and in-the-dark about their rights as possible. There are good reasons why the Fair Debt Act was passed, and their company has a horrible track record with so many who have worked for them as well.
Look at the rude, insulting comments being made on this public website by current AGF employees posing as laid-off or fired employees and ask yourself if these are the kinds of people you want to be indebted to.
AGF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interests.
These people are not deadbeats, yet AGF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all businesses do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF to leave them alone.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.
If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:
Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received.
Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt, however.
Just Wondering

Glen Burnie, MD

#4055 Apr 8, 2011
AGF is obsolete...get with the program.
With attitudes like this it's no wonder the industry is hurting.
"Pay your bills, you made them"! It's nothing new".

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#4056 Apr 8, 2011
Any good rumors or stories from the DM conference this past weekend in San Antonio?
Mob Riller

Waynesboro, PA

#4057 Apr 9, 2011
bigguns54 wrote:
Any good rumors or stories from the DM conference this past weekend in San Antonio?
Same Sh*t as usual.

Alcohol was consumed.
Marriages were compromised.
Prostitutes performed services.
DM's in training swallowed.

Just your typical meeting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AIG Funded the Russian Communist Revolution of ... Jun 21 Lordylordy9111 2
Ten Most Excellent XviD WMV to MOV Converter Ar... (Mar '09) Apr '15 estellejohnsons 5
News Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Dec '14 Swedenforever 13
News Bank bailout plans loosen credit markets a bit;... (Sep '08) Sep '14 hubertfields00 8
News AIG Prepares to Pay About $100 Million in Bonuses (Feb '10) Jun '14 swedenforever 4
News Aig Ceo's Son Was Paid $102,549 From September ... (Apr '14) Jun '14 kateysmith 2
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jun '14 swedenforever 5
More from around the web