Big Tex

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

We no longer own a real estate portfolio. That's changed.
hammer

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2011

need to get some ab's done today
sounds familiar

Collingswood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2011

Daniel Mudd, chief executive of hedge fund Fortress Investment Group LLC ....SEC violations.
this sucks

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

sounds familiar wrote:
Daniel Mudd, chief executive of hedge fund Fortress Investment Group LLC ....SEC violations.
old news this was fromwhen he was at another company, read the entire article
jersey lily

Cromwell, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

well i called today to inquire about he name change...spoke to antonio, this guy has no business answering the phone.period. I have always paid my debt, not only on time but in advance, so for those expecting that my inquiry was an attempt to delay or forego my responsibliliy, phooey to you.
BUt back to Antonio, I stated that I had no notice about any name change and would like to confirm that I am supposed to change the way I address my payment, Antonio said "well you got a statement right? and it has you account number on it, right?"
What a bafoon![Of course I got a statement, thats what provoked my inquiry you moron] I go on to say... I want to confirm that it is an IN NAME only change... so Antonio says "well yeah and we got no letter or nothng to send you..?DOH... So I say "Antonio,would you verify the address I am supposed to remit to", Antonio responds with an address that IS NOT ON THE STATEMENT... therefore raising my suspicions even greater.
So... here i sit wondering exactly what the hell is going on in the financial arena workforce today that would allow a complete incompetent to draw a pay check and treat a client in this manner? Not to mention this moron has access to my personal information...
The General

Hartland, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Thats the breed of people that work here, you're either dumb or don't care.
BTB

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Keeping it real wrote:
I have been employed with agf before Aig came into the picture and unlike most of the opinions of others, this company has been good to me. I was promoted and worked for 5 yrs in another position and when it went away, unlike others because of my experience i was given a job back in the branch network. Did i take a pay cut yes did i loose a co car yes but did i get to keep a job Yes and I wasnt going to leave a company that I have been with all these years. In 19 yrs I never treated or felt that I was robbing any customer. Maybe there are people in the network that dont care about there customers but I and my staff do. We look to make their debt ratio better not worse. I personally treat every customer the same no different and My Dm and Do well they are the same way. Good things happen to Good People and thats unfortunate but unlike everyone else I love this company and the people I work for. We are about making the right loan to the right customer. Rates are based on your credit history so pay your bills on time.Leave the cash for cks and title loan companys alone. They are the Ones hurting you not us.
Hmmmmmm, this doesn't sound real.
jersey lily

Cromwell, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

i'm cancelling this nonsense 'cause it's impossible to locate responses that are alerted via email...
Big Tex

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

You must be one of the "bafoons" that ignored 4 mos of mailings indicating American General was switching names. Or you are an employee mimicking the dumb calls we get all day.
jersey lily wrote:
well i called today to inquire about he name change...spoke to antonio, this guy has no business answering the phone.period. I have always paid my debt, not only on time but in advance, so for those expecting that my inquiry was an attempt to delay or forego my responsibliliy, phooey to you.
BUt back to Antonio, I stated that I had no notice about any name change and would like to confirm that I am supposed to change the way I address my payment, Antonio said "well you got a statement right? and it has you account number on it, right?"
What a bafoon![Of course I got a statement, thats what provoked my inquiry you moron] I go on to say... I want to confirm that it is an IN NAME only change... so Antonio says "well yeah and we got no letter or nothng to send you..?DOH... So I say "Antonio,would you verify the address I am supposed to remit to", Antonio responds with an address that IS NOT ON THE STATEMENT... therefore raising my suspicions even greater.
So... here i sit wondering exactly what the hell is going on in the financial arena workforce today that would allow a complete incompetent to draw a pay check and treat a client in this manner? Not to mention this moron has access to my personal information...
Former Employee in TN

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

Hi guys and gals, I saw someone last night who reminded me of an old boss I had at AGF. I put his name in Google and this forum was the first hit. So after reading this, it looks like Brad Borchers is still with AGF? That right? What role is he in now?

No big surprise if he's still there. He was always a company man and knew nothing else outside of AGF. He was a good guy and always great to me though. Was a cool boss. I quit 8 years ago, or so, from his district in TN. I wish I had time to read through this forum and see what names are still around that I knew. I'm sure it's more than I could imagine...

Good luck to you guys still toughing it out. That was a tough career for me but I learned many valuable lessons that made it (mostly) worthwhile. If nothing else, gave me a laundry list of great stories that I tell, from repo'ing cars, to taking people's houses, to chasing payments at 10pm on the 31st in the 'hood, to some of the parties at meetings. Some good stories, though the work sucked.
Lucky to be gone

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

Former Employee in TN wrote:
Hi guys and gals, I saw someone last night who reminded me of an old boss I had at AGF. I put his name in Google and this forum was the first hit. So after reading this, it looks like Brad Borchers is still with AGF? That right? What role is he in now?
No big surprise if he's still there. He was always a company man and knew nothing else outside of AGF. He was a good guy and always great to me though. Was a cool boss. I quit 8 years ago, or so, from his district in TN. I wish I had time to read through this forum and see what names are still around that I knew. I'm sure it's more than I could imagine...
Good luck to you guys still toughing it out. That was a tough career for me but I learned many valuable lessons that made it (mostly) worthwhile. If nothing else, gave me a laundry list of great stories that I tell, from repo'ing cars, to taking people's houses, to chasing payments at 10pm on the 31st in the 'hood, to some of the parties at meetings. Some good stories, though the work sucked.
I'm sure there are a few names you'll know, but a lot of good people have been let go or left over the last couple years.
Former Employee in TN

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2011

Lucky to be gone wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure there are a few names you'll know, but a lot of good people have been let go or left over the last couple years.
I'm sure the ones still there are the ones I would expect, the company folks who were the most popular for really doing nothing but being cool. Sad for the ones let go, but I assure you, they are a lot better off.
plumber

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

Hey,If they went out of buissness do I have to pay my loan?
lady wolves

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

plumber wrote:
Hey,If they went out of buissness do I have to pay my loan?
Yes you would because you entering into a legal, binding contractual obligation that short of other than bankruptcy or death you owe. Even if the private equity went out of business it, itself, would auctioned off in a hostile or otherwise bid and whome ever bought it for pennies on the dollar will then again pursue you. Just like collection companies and how they sell debt. In the case of death, I heard that Doug Erhart and Steve Krizan have negotiated a deal with Grim Reaper himself to be his direct alter boys in Hades so I would completely rule out death as a option to get out.....

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

So how did all the manager reviews go?
Doubt It

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

Judged:

Change in name only to Springleaf ?

Explaining why it is a good idea to take out a loan with AGF is like explaining why it is a good idea to buy furniture or appliances through Rent-A-Center: The costs just don’t add up.
AGF will claim that sending them a Cease and Desist letter is ALWAYS a bad idea, but there are definitely situations where it is necessary to do so. My posts regarding this always state that you can still be sued, and I have never claimed someone should not pay their bills. However, they continually try to distort the truth by claiming that I have. One should consider the true reasons why AGF doesn’t want to be sent these letters.
AGF wants to be in their debtor’s ear as much as possible, not merely to get them to pay their bills, but to sell them as much debt as possible, no matter how unwise it is. They seek to keep people as uninformed and in-the-dark about their rights as possible. There are good reasons why the Fair Debt Act was passed, and their company has a horrible track record with so many who have worked for them as well.
Look at the rude, insulting comments being made on this public website by current AGF employees posing as laid-off or fired employees and ask yourself if these are the kinds of people you want to be indebted to.
AGF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interests.
These people are not deadbeats, yet AGF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all businesses do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF to leave them alone.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.
If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:
Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received.
Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt, however.
Rebecca Rules

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Friday
Rebecca Rules

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Gotta

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,821 - 3,840 of5,651
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••