American General Finance Layoffs
u fools

Corona, CA

#3997 Feb 23, 2011
So I hear more changes coming soon... as soon as this coming Monday..... Any one hear anything else?? Any one know of any branches closing in the Inland Empire or LA area??
lady wolves

Cincinnati, OH

#3998 Feb 24, 2011
I hear Rick is goign to be on "Undercover Boss" to see how his company is running. But like everything else, he will let Brad take his place. Insert joke here < >. lol
just another employee

Rialto, CA

#3999 Feb 28, 2011
u fools wrote:
So I hear more changes coming soon... as soon as this coming Monday..... Any one hear anything else?? Any one know of any branches closing in the Inland Empire or LA area??
. Well Monday came and went and everything was calm....
Kool Aid is AMAZING

United States

#4000 Mar 1, 2011
Good ol boy wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a kool aid drinker here! I can't wait until you get bent over your desk and get the career banged out of you from the high ups like the rest of us top performers who got screwed over.
Poor guy....
If you were a top performer, how and why did you get screwed over? Just curious.
Reign Man

Springfield, IL

#4001 Mar 1, 2011
You are nuts wrote:
Who did you work for in Springfield? If you even worked there. He / she has to be a strong person to put up with an employee like you. I'd bet he/she is on easy street now that you are gone.
Explaining why it is a good idea to take out a loan with AGF is like explaining why it is a good idea to buy furniture or appliances through Rent-A-Center: The costs just don’t add up.

AGF will claim that sending them a Cease and Desist letter is ALWAYS a bad idea, but there are definitely situations where it is necessary to do so. My posts regarding this always state that you can still be sued, and I have never claimed someone should not pay their bills. However, they continually try to distort the truth by claiming that I have. One should consider the true reasons why AGF doesn’t want to be sent these letters.

AGF wants to be in their debtor’s ear as much as possible, not merely to get them to pay their bills, but to sell them as much debt as possible, no matter how unwise it is. They seek to keep people as uninformed and in-the-dark about their rights as possible. There are good reasons why the Fair Debt Act was passed, and their company has a horrible track record with so many who have worked for them as well.

Look at the rude, insulting comments being made on this public website by current AGF employees posing as laid-off or fired employees and ask yourself if these are the kinds of people you want to be indebted to.

AGF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interests.

These people are not deadbeats, yet AGF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all businesses do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF to leave them alone.

According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.

If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:

Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received.

Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt, however.
Charlie Sheen

Springfield, IL

#4002 Mar 1, 2011
Reign Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Explaining why it is a good idea to take out a loan with AGF is like explaining why it is a good idea to buy furniture or appliances through Rent-A-Center: The costs just don’t add up.
AGF will claim that sending them a Cease and Desist letter is ALWAYS a bad idea, but there are definitely situations where it is necessary to do so. My posts regarding this always state that you can still be sued, and I have never claimed someone should not pay their bills. However, they continually try to distort the truth by claiming that I have. One should consider the true reasons why AGF doesn’t want to be sent these letters.
AGF wants to be in their debtor’s ear as much as possible, not merely to get them to pay their bills, but to sell them as much debt as possible, no matter how unwise it is. They seek to keep people as uninformed and in-the-dark about their rights as possible. There are good reasons why the Fair Debt Act was passed, and their company has a horrible track record with so many who have worked for them as well.
Look at the rude, insulting comments being made on this public website by current AGF employees posing as laid-off or fired employees and ask yourself if these are the kinds of people you want to be indebted to.
AGF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interests.
These people are not deadbeats, yet AGF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all businesses do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF to leave them alone.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.
If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:
Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received.
Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt, however.
You are as crazy as Sheen....

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#4003 Mar 1, 2011
just another employee wrote:
<quoted text>. Well Monday came and went and everything was calm....
More closings in cali came today
told u guys

Minneapolis, MN

#4004 Mar 1, 2011
Whoa is me wrote:
<quoted text>
So what branches closed?
Good ol boy

Lake Zurich, IL

#4005 Mar 1, 2011
Kool Aid is AMAZING wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were a top performer, how and why did you get screwed over? Just curious.
Because I wasnt boozing buddies with my superiors, made too much $, and they wanted one of their buddies back in their circle of duechebags. Being a cool, popular guy at AGF is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. I was their to work and make $ and not make friends and sent stupid emails all day and have suuuuuper cool inside jokes.
just another employee

Oceanside, CA

#4006 Mar 1, 2011
Whoa is me wrote:
<quoted text>
yes,, van nuys..chino

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#4007 Mar 2, 2011
told u guys wrote:
<quoted text>
So what branches closed?
Im not sure. I was told by a BM that 6 branches were closed total and I also heard there was some other things happening very soon in Cali. Drastic things!
Springleaf

Sierra Vista, AZ

#4008 Mar 6, 2011
Finally the name change is here!!
New One

El Monte, CA

#4009 Mar 8, 2011
Heard realighnment next week?
Keeping it real

Columbia, SC

#4010 Mar 10, 2011
I have been employed with agf before Aig came into the picture and unlike most of the opinions of others, this company has been good to me. I was promoted and worked for 5 yrs in another position and when it went away, unlike others because of my experience i was given a job back in the branch network. Did i take a pay cut yes did i loose a co car yes but did i get to keep a job Yes and I wasnt going to leave a company that I have been with all these years. In 19 yrs I never treated or felt that I was robbing any customer. Maybe there are people in the network that dont care about there customers but I and my staff do. We look to make their debt ratio better not worse. I personally treat every customer the same no different and My Dm and Do well they are the same way. Good things happen to Good People and thats unfortunate but unlike everyone else I love this company and the people I work for. We are about making the right loan to the right customer. Rates are based on your credit history so pay your bills on time.Leave the cash for cks and title loan companys alone. They are the Ones hurting you not us.
deferment

Pottsville, PA

#4011 Mar 10, 2011
What a Beeker? Whats a Prescott?
lady wolves

Cincinnati, OH

#4012 Mar 10, 2011
Keeping it real wrote:
I have been employed with agf before Aig came into the picture and unlike most of the opinions of others, this company has been good to me. I was promoted and worked for 5 yrs in another position and when it went away, unlike others because of my experience i was given a job back in the branch network. Did i take a pay cut yes did i loose a co car yes but did i get to keep a job Yes and I wasnt going to leave a company that I have been with all these years. In 19 yrs I never treated or felt that I was robbing any customer. Maybe there are people in the network that dont care about there customers but I and my staff do. We look to make their debt ratio better not worse. I personally treat every customer the same no different and My Dm and Do well they are the same way. Good things happen to Good People and thats unfortunate but unlike everyone else I love this company and the people I work for. We are about making the right loan to the right customer. Rates are based on your credit history so pay your bills on time.Leave the cash for cks and title loan companys alone. They are the Ones hurting you not us.
Soooo your saying "making the right loan..." means that if a customer has a $5000 loan with you at 21% apr and needs more than a RBO amount, and has paid you "ALL Xs" your going to lower your yield on that too say, 18%??? I don't think so...It's always been better your yield one way or another. I find it difficult that's changed at all unless BK filing forces you. I don't think that's the message the DO is sending either....Nice try though with your warm fuzzy comments...
FormerRetard

Calhoun, LA

#4013 Mar 12, 2011
Former AGF Employee wrote:
American General Finance closed down several branches thoughout the United Stated yesterday, 11/5/08. The exact total is somewhere around 200. In some states ALL of the branches were shut down. I'm suprised nobody has come on here to talk about it.
"The exact total is somewhere around 200". I love it! Remind me why I shouldn't try to get a loan from you. My exact payment would be somewhere aroun $200. Hahahawesome!
Yep

Springfield, IL

#4014 Mar 13, 2011
Yep
Yep

Springfield, IL

#4015 Mar 13, 2011
Yep
Reign Man wrote:
<quoted text>
no one

United States

#4016 Mar 13, 2011
Changes have started.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jun '16 Swedenforever 6
Why I was not on a Loan note (Mar '11) May '16 Margaret 3
News From Member of the Bar to Piano Bar: AIG's Russ... (May '16) May '16 SINGER Hedge Para... 1
News Obama opposes 90% tax on bonuses at bailouts (Mar '09) Apr '16 FancyButtPirate 14
News Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Feb '16 Bailouts 14
News Bush Super PAC Fundraising Plummeted in Past Si... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Card Carrying Zio... 1
News AIG to Hold Strategy Update on Jan. 26 Amid Ica... (Jan '16) Jan '16 bring on yesterday 2
More from around the web