American General Finance Layoffs
BTB

Yucaipa, CA

#3934 Jan 29, 2011
Different name, SOS. Good luck to all of you who are still there!
say what

Collingswood, NJ

#3935 Jan 30, 2011
Really Beeker's and Prescotts? What does that mean?
say what

Collingswood, NJ

#3936 Jan 30, 2011
Beeker's and Prescotts? What does that even mean?
Ready to be laid off

Corona, CA

#3937 Jan 30, 2011
1st, impossible goals. The company just wants to have a reason not to give us an annual increase.(like they do anyways!)
Then we have to chase customers for payments and their neighbors and be expected to have results. Who in their right mind is going to let us know what time their neighbor will be home. Are you kidding me.
Everyone I talk to, doesn't like their job and is waiting for their layoff ticket. This will allow many of us to look for another job that we'll be happy at.
Too much micro management at work and it's very stressfull. That's why so many employees are off on disability.
Cheltenham

Chester, PA

#3938 Jan 30, 2011
"Beeker's and Prescotts?"

LOL

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#3939 Jan 30, 2011
Ready to be laid off wrote:
1st, impossible goals. The company just wants to have a reason not to give us an annual increase.(like they do anyways!)
Then we have to chase customers for payments and their neighbors and be expected to have results. Who in their right mind is going to let us know what time their neighbor will be home. Are you kidding me.
Everyone I talk to, doesn't like their job and is waiting for their layoff ticket. This will allow many of us to look for another job that we'll be happy at.
Too much micro management at work and it's very stressfull. That's why so many employees are off on disability.
Yep, same thing going on in my district. They want 55-65 loans, DQ below 4% and charge off below 10k a month. Also there is some people on stress leave. Nobody is getting raises.
sma

Waynesboro, PA

#3940 Jan 30, 2011
When SMAIII screams Daddy, it is a queation. No one knows who/what his father is.
Big Tex

Mount Morris, MI

#3941 Jan 31, 2011
Snow day tomorrow
too bad

United States

#3942 Feb 1, 2011
Big Tex wrote:
Snow day tomorrow
..too bad this storm didn't hit yesterday, and our dq would have been up shits creek!
Snow

AOL

#3943 Feb 1, 2011
Snow day tomorrow.. Stay home and have fun with your kids....

Oh wait you work for AGF. Go to work tomorrow, risk your own life for their bottom line.
lady wolves

Cincinnati, OH

#3944 Feb 2, 2011
good gracious! It's SOOOO nice not having to chase deliquency any more!!! Springleaf financial now has all the clout as bob's stab em and jab em.

You are owned by a private equity firm. There entire motive is to trim the fat, increase protifability and ROI and flip it for a huge profit and bail.

I can't think of a single favorable situation in history which the employees benefited...
emergency

United States

#3945 Feb 2, 2011
Snow wrote:
Snow day tomorrow.. Stay home and have fun with your kids....
Oh wait you work for AGF. Go to work tomorrow, risk your own life for their bottom line.
... Fyi: if your state is declared a state of emergency, your employer can't make u work and they can't make you use any personal or vacation time,gotta give u free time!
AGF-Springleaf

Springfield, IL

#3946 Feb 2, 2011
AGF(Springleaf) does not own this website.
AGF often solicits people for additional loans that are not within their best financial interests. These people are not deadbeats, yet AGF lies to them in order to make them vulnerable to their sales tactics. Not all business do these kinds of things. These people have a right to use the Fair Debt Act to get AGF to leave them alone.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.
If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:
Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received. Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt.
Know your rights. End the annoying harassment of credits by phone & person
Stop being lazy

Sierra Vista, AZ

#3947 Feb 3, 2011
Ready to be laid off wrote:
If you think they are to high of goals and you don't like your job, why are you still working there? Sounds like you're part of the problem.
Stop being lazy

Sierra Vista, AZ

#3948 Feb 3, 2011
zookr wrote:
I just completed my loan w/AGF (soon to be "Springleaf")- actually, it was like my 4th or so loan w/them over the yrs. I made sure to always pay of early & NOT TO BUY THEIR LOUSY INSURANCE! Waste of $ and ins. of any sort have never been worth the payments, my auto, etc.- AGF loan did help me out w/the $ needed to purchase a replacement of my stolen car. You could call it a love/hate relationship, I suppose - but (after reading many of these posts) I did notice a lot of "office politics" ongoing in every office I'd entered, so I see now that I wasn't simply dreaming that it was there. Well, hoping in the future that I'll not be needing any of "Springleaf's" (read AGF's) financial services w/their astronomical interest rates & int. paying up front practices.:| Time will tell if the new name will allow them to float in this new bizarro economy ...
Really? Lousy insurance? How about you ask current customers that actually took the insurance and had something happen to them. The last 3 months I've had spouses bringing in death certificates and sure enough they had insurance. Now they get to keep the car we had as collateral. Or even several people have been laid off and now we are making the payments. So it really can payoff.
Good ol boy

Chicago, IL

#3949 Feb 4, 2011
Stop being lazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Lousy insurance? How about you ask current customers that actually took the insurance and had something happen to them. The last 3 months I've had spouses bringing in death certificates and sure enough they had insurance. Now they get to keep the car we had as collateral. Or even several people have been laid off and now we are making the payments. So it really can payoff.
We have a kool aid drinker here! I can't wait until you get bent over your desk and get the career banged out of you from the high ups like the rest of us top performers who got screwed over.

Poor guy....
BamaBoy

Memphis, TN

#3950 Feb 5, 2011
Every day I thank god that I'm away from that place. All they do do to you is Drain the life out of you and throw you away. No matter how much you do, it's never enough. I averaged 20 loans & 3 real estate each month & still was still told I needed more. The day I turned in my notice, I was told to leave now. The only thing I should have done was take a sh*t in the DM & DO coffee before I left. But at least they got rid of the DO. Now she know how everybody she sh*t on feels because she ran them off because they were not in the circle.
amen

United States

#3951 Feb 6, 2011
BamaBoy wrote:
Every day I thank god that I'm away from that place. All they do do to you is Drain the life out of you and throw you away. No matter how much you do, it's never enough. I averaged 20 loans & 3 real estate each month & still was still told I needed more. The day I turned in my notice, I was told to leave now. The only thing I should have done was take a sh*t in the DM & DO coffee before I left. But at least they got rid of the DO. Now she know how everybody she sh*t on feels because she ran them off because they were not in the circle.
....AMEN! The grass IS greener on the other side!!!!
lady wolves

Cincinnati, OH

#3952 Feb 7, 2011
BamaBoy wrote:
Aint that the truth...Springleaf Thug Money cheapens the work financial services. "How 'ya doin'? Where's my protection money Youze guys need to pay up this mont". Sounds like Al Capone but don't want to over glorify it!!!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3953 Feb 7, 2011
Lady Wolves you are an idiot....and we thnk god every day people like you get fired from this job...you deserve to borrow money from a title loan place and collect food stamps...only way you should be able to get a raise is to have a baby and bump up that check!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ten Most Excellent XviD WMV to MOV Converter Ar... (Mar '09) Mar 13 Newday 6
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jun '16 Swedenforever 6
Why I was not on a Loan note (Mar '11) May '16 Margaret 3
News From Member of the Bar to Piano Bar: AIG's Russ... (May '16) May '16 SINGER Hedge Para... 1
News Obama opposes 90% tax on bonuses at bailouts (Mar '09) Apr '16 FancyButtPirate 14
News Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Feb '16 Bailouts 14
News Bush Super PAC Fundraising Plummeted in Past Si... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Card Carrying Zio... 1
More from around the web