Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

I am an American General customer, searching on a layoffs forum, and I was wondering how I can stop these annoying phone calls? I borrowed money, but I don't feel like paying it back.
Sr FR

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

lafawnda wrote:
I am an American General customer, searching on a layoffs forum, and I was wondering how I can stop these annoying phone calls? I borrowed money, but I don't feel like paying it back.
Have your account FAS'd to Springfield IL and then send them a letter you can find on this forum. You'll be able to just walk away and never have to worry about your account again.
kick off

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Biding my time wrote:
<quoted text>
17 a person here....for 4 people branches that is 68...we didn't even hit that during CAD. Pushing business development hard. Here's a thought..start paying people commission on the loans they close and maybe you will get some production out of them. Our kick off meeting is next week.
... We were told if u (manager) can't hit the goals, suckleaf will find someone who can, so expect write-ups,firings for production-----as they say everyone is replaceable
Bruca

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

Judged:

Most of us will be replaced all right, because most of us know how full of s*** this company is and will be gone when there are more jobs available.
kick off meeting

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

The message hasn't changed just the numbers. If you don't get the job done we have people willing to do the job. They are right. Many that still work at AGF or whatever it's called today, were those willing to do the job when so many were laid off for whatever reason they could come up with that day. Don't you people realize they just like playing God with your life. They keep the sheep no matter what their results, because they will follow no matter what. The get rid of anyone who thinks on their own and stands up for their rights, because they are afraid of those people. Job elimination is their code word for getting rid of those who refuse to follow. If you want to keep your job, keep with the herd. Don't do what's right do what you are told. It's simple for sheep, so should be simple for you.
The letter

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

Oh yeah and if your customers don't want to pay have them send a little. Any letter will work..
Its OK

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

kick off meeting wrote:
The message hasn't changed just the numbers. If you don't get the job done we have people willing to do the job. They are right. Many that still work at AGF or whatever it's called today, were those willing to do the job when so many were laid off for whatever reason they could come up with that day. Don't you people realize they just like playing God with your life. They keep the sheep no matter what their results, because they will follow no matter what. The get rid of anyone who thinks on their own and stands up for their rights, because they are afraid of those people. Job elimination is their code word for getting rid of those who refuse to follow. If you want to keep your job, keep with the herd. Don't do what's right do what you are told. It's simple for sheep, so should be simple for you.
Pretty general with the ‘take up for your rights’ speech.

Well, everyone has to follow orders on their job, and needs to be productive. However, there needs to be a standard of reasonableness and business ethics involved.

Of course, some will only be driven by their own selfish motives and have no concern about how their business entity preys upon society to its detriment, and sometimes, even its own workers.
Thinking out loud

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Is it just me or does everyone think the posters from Springfield IL are all the same person just answering his/her own posts? Seems like an odd group of people in the Springfield IL market...
newsboy

Sterling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

EVANSVILLE, Ind.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Springleaf Financial Services will be the new brand name of the consumer finance business currently known as American General Financial Services (AGFS) beginning in March, 2011.

“This is the beginning of an exciting new chapter in our company’s rich history. In 2010, we celebrated 90 years in business, and now we are pleased to begin the New Year as part of the Fortress family,” said Frederick W.“Rick” Geissinger, Chairman and CEO.“We believe that the name Springleaf captures our sense of optimism, represents a new beginning with a continued strong focus on our customer, and conveys the idea of growth that we hope to achieve.”

AGFS will begin transitioning to the new name beginning in early 2011. The process is anticipated to be completed by July, 2011.
Mighty Fortress

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Judged:

Thinking out loud wrote:
Is it just me or does everyone think the posters from Springfield IL are all the same person just answering his/her own posts? Seems like an odd group of people in the Springfield IL market...
Do you think 'lafawnda' is in the Oslo, Norway branch ?
Office Space

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Did everybody get their Springleaf Financial flare today from UPS? When is my meeting with the Bob's? Oh and got our first phone call this week from a customer telling us she was late because she got notice we were changing our name and she didn't know where to send the payment. So it begins.
weedleaf

Hephzibah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

new year, new company, no layoffs?
meeting w bobs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Office Space wrote:
Did everybody get their Springleaf Financial flare today from UPS? When is my meeting with the Bob's? Oh and got our first phone call this week from a customer telling us she was late because she got notice we were changing our name and she didn't know where to send the payment. So it begins.
...when the bobs show up just show em your O face and all will b well!!!!!!
Theta Xi

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

I am real excited about the upcoming changes. It reminds me of when I pledged my a$$ to the fraternity. My big brothers would violate me and penetrate me with carrots, bananas and cuCUMbers. To this day my "little theta xi" gets excited when I see carrots, bananas and cuCUMbers.
lady wolves

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Theta Xi wrote:
I am real excited about the upcoming changes. It reminds me of when I pledged my a$$ to the fraternity. My big brothers would violate me and penetrate me with carrots, bananas and cuCUMbers. To this day my "little theta xi" gets excited when I see carrots, bananas and cuCUMbers.
you must of worked for earhart...:(
Big Tex

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

looks like they may be cutting some Evansville positions and moving them to Texas.

14togo.com/wap/news/text.jsp...
this is nuts

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

that is some romantic shit!!! hahaha
Theta Xi wrote:
and the band plays on

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

Big Tex wrote:
looks like they may be cutting some Evansville positions and moving them to Texas.
14togo.com/wap/news/text.jsp...
.....and here it starts...layoffs!
dot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

We had an account sent to us from a Florida branch that was closed. Anyone know about branch closings?
what branch

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

dot wrote:
We had an account sent to us from a Florida branch that was closed. Anyone know about branch closings?
Where was the branch in Florida? I'm sure there's a lot of fear with all the changes going on and nobody talks or passes on what's going on. It's crazy how hush hush everything at AGF. Such a big secret. Only tell your buddies that aren't affected and those who are lets just spring it on them at the last minute. "Hey I'm here for a branch visit and by the way we are closing your branch in 2 weeks"
What was it they said open door policy, people come first?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,701 - 3,720 of5,642
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent American International Group Discussions

Search the American International Group Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How to spend $350 billion in 77 days (Dec '08) Apr 4 black satin_uuuuu -- 8
Aig Ceo's Son Was Paid $102,549 From September ... Apr 2 175 water 1
Bank bailout plans loosen credit markets a bit;... (Sep '08) Mar 26 Lucina 6
Fiat finalises purchase of Chrysler Jan '14 hkg 2
Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jan '14 swedenforever 4
Claim Dec '13 William Maree 1
loan transfer update (Feb '13) Oct '13 Asset williams 2
•••
•••