American General Finance Layoffs
Just wondering

Santa Clara, CA

#3534 Oct 7, 2010
I don't understand why everyone hates their job. AGF would be happy to see all of you go. AGF is a flawless company and upper management has great skill.
has job security

Cincinnati, OH

#3535 Oct 7, 2010
No Man wrote:
Agreed. It wasn't coincidence that Erhart ran the best subdivision in the company. No thanks to Krizan. How Erhart got demoted to DM rather than Krizans buddy DeLong is beyond me. Got to love the good ol' boys.
Really? If runnign a operation was by sleeping with the BM and DM then approving their expense reports then yes. You do realize the erhart got demaoted from DO position to. He's the only that went in the other direction when most aspire to get promoted. There's SOO many ways he has got AGF into potential trouble is scary. Funnny thing, Doug could even run a title loan place!
Pauly D

Chicago, IL

#3536 Oct 7, 2010
It's Teeeeeeee Shirt Time!!! I fist pump to my 35.99 loan. At least I can get laid without cheating on my wife bro.
fortress finance

Denver, CO

#3537 Oct 8, 2010
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch)-- Fortress Investment Group said late Thursday that it got a new $280 million loan and a new $60 million revolving credit facility, helping the hedge fund and private-equity firm cut debt.
Congratulations

Springfield, IL

#3538 Oct 11, 2010
fortress finance wrote:
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch)-- Fortress Investment Group said late Thursday that it got a new $280 million loan and a new $60 million revolving credit facility, helping the hedge fund and private-equity firm cut debt.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
http://www.speaker.gov/contact
State of IN Auditor's office
60m@cbsnews.com
http://cop.senate.gov/contact/
www.sigtarp.gov/contact_hotline.shtml

The following is posted for consumers who feel that further contact with AGF will be of no benefit:
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.
If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:

Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received. Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt.
Know your rights. End the annoying harassment of credits by phone & person.
Yes

Lawton, OK

#3539 Oct 11, 2010
Had three people do this in the last month. Sued all three already getting garnishment on one of the but hey we never call them now I'm sure they like that better.
BTB

Yucaipa, CA

#3540 Oct 11, 2010
Just wondering wrote:
I don't understand why everyone hates their job. AGF would be happy to see all of you go. AGF is a flawless company and upper management has great skill.
This must be a joke?
really

Minneapolis, MN

#3541 Oct 12, 2010
BTB wrote:
<quoted text>
This must be a joke?
I think it's called SARCASM
Max Rate

Evansville, IN

#3542 Oct 12, 2010
Just wondering wrote:
You must work in Krizan's division....
whats next

United States

#3543 Oct 12, 2010
Its almost here! The anticipation! The waiting! The greatness of what may come! Yes I'm talking about our new name and new company ! Its almost end of year! What may 2011 bring us......
whatever

Columbus, IN

#3544 Oct 12, 2010
whatever
has job security

Cincinnati, OH

#3545 Oct 13, 2010
Max Rate wrote:
<quoted text>
You must work in Krizan's division....
HA! No one needs a Kreason to fire him! He was such a suck ass. I'd giev a million dollars to see him squirm at a title loan place...
New Page

Springfield, IL

#3547 Oct 15, 2010
http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
http://www.speaker.gov/contact
State of IN Auditor's office
60m@cbsnews.com
http://cop.senate.gov/contact/
www.sigtarp.gov/contact_hotline.shtml

The following is posted for consumers who feel that further contact with AGF will be of no benefit:
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.
If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:

Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received. Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt.
Know your rights. End the annoying harassment of credits by phone & person.
No job security

Springfield, IL

#3548 Oct 16, 2010
has job security wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! No one needs a Kreason to fire him! He was such a suck ass. I'd giev a million dollars to see him squirm at a title loan place...
Krizan fire someone for not carrying his briefcase out to his car?
we will see

United States

#3549 Oct 18, 2010
Dm told us today no changes or closings b done for a year cause aig just renewed their benefit contract.....hmmmm sounds like blown smoke but we will see
Kool Aid Guy

Chicago, IL

#3550 Oct 18, 2010
we will see wrote:
Dm told us today no changes or closings b done for a year cause aig just renewed their benefit contract.....hmmmm sounds like blown smoke but we will see
All lies. DMs are left in the dark. They closed offices in MO last week.
No job security

Springfield, IL

#3551 Oct 18, 2010
Kool Aid Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
All lies. DMs are left in the dark. They closed offices in MO last week.
What offices were closed in MO last week? I agree with you that you can't believe a word they say.
Kool Aid Guy

Chicago, IL

#3552 Oct 18, 2010
No job security wrote:
<quoted text>
What offices were closed in MO last week? I agree with you that you can't believe a word they say.
Mehlville and Belton.
No job security

Springfield, IL

#3553 Oct 18, 2010
Kool Aid Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Mehlville and Belton.
wow Mehlville one of the St. Louis offices. I wouldn't be surprised if more are closed in November. AIG and their benefit package will have nothing to do with it. I can't see this new company keeping all the branches open, maybe cutting it down in half or even 3/4 of the branches. Liquidate and then place a small finance company for sale to some big bank in US or overseas.
Job security at AGF is no more.
Concerned for good ones

Cincinnati, OH

#3554 Oct 19, 2010
No job security wrote:
<quoted text>
wow Mehlville one of the St. Louis offices. I wouldn't be surprised if more are closed in November. AIG and their benefit package will have nothing to do with it. I can't see this new company keeping all the branches open, maybe cutting it down in half or even 3/4 of the branches. Liquidate and then place a small finance company for sale to some big bank in US or overseas.
Job security at AGF is no more.
WOW, the Springfield MO district used to be top perfroming in terms of NOI and loss ratios! Must be that DM (used to be) York screwed things up! Looks like Erhart will be demoted AGAIN!!!

Good gravy I am glad I am not there. IM SORRY FOR YOU ALL...you did admirably for the situation your are faced with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News AIG layoffs come just before Christmas (Oct '08) Aug '17 tom 44
Ten Most Excellent XviD WMV to MOV Converter Ar... (Mar '09) Mar '17 Newday 6
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jun '16 Swedenforever 6
Why I was not on a Loan note (Mar '11) May '16 Margaret 3
News From Member of the Bar to Piano Bar: AIG's Russ... (May '16) May '16 SINGER Hedge Para... 1
News Obama opposes 90% tax on bonuses at bailouts (Mar '09) Apr '16 FancyButtPirate 14
News Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Feb '16 Bailouts 14
More from around the web