American General Finance Layoffs
Really

Chicago, IL

#3206 Jul 27, 2010
Exactly as I expected lest/weak, now stay away from this site !! Name changing will not work , your stupid advice is too easy to spot! Pay your bills & shut your mouth up!!!!!!!!!!
Really

Dallas, TX

#3207 Jul 27, 2010
Everyone is to have 6 months minimum in living expenses set aside , during these rough times, 12 months is ideal but not always possible. If you forsee problems 3 months prior to running oug of emergency funds, CALL YOUR CREDITOR, they will work with you, helping you extend your emergency fund! For goodness sakes , don't send them a letter telling them not to call you, leaving them the only option to sue you? Common sense goes a long ways, DO NOT listen to 500 credit score for your sake !
Really

Dallas, TX

#3208 Jul 27, 2010
Sorry, it is lest / weak/ & shut up, left out shut up, who thankfully has listened to his own stupid advice.
Kev E Sharts

Carlisle, PA

#3209 Jul 27, 2010
Big Tex wrote:
I normally like to create paper airplanes out of cease and desist letters.
I wipe my A$$ with these. Then I make my staff take a sniff and see if they can tell what I had for dinner last night.
Cease and Desist

Springfield, IL

#3210 Jul 28, 2010
"According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Consumers being harassed by creditors must cease to do so after being contacted by certified mail by the debtor indicating their desire to only be contacted by mail.
If you decide after contacting the debt collector that you don’t want the collector to contact you again, tell the collector – in writing – to stop contacting you. Here’s how to do that:
Make a copy of your letter. Send the original by certified mail, and pay for a “return receipt” so you’ll be able to document what the collector received. Once the collector receives your letter, they may not contact you again, with two exceptions: a collector can contact you to tell you there will be no further contact or to let you know that they or the creditor intend to take a specific action, like filing a lawsuit. Sending such a letter to a debt collector you owe money to does not get rid of the debt, but it should stop the contact. The creditor or the debt collector still can sue you to collect the debt.
Know your rights. End the annoying harassment of credits by phone & person. "
If this is a site for layoffs, what are you doing posting here ?
Boycott

Springfield, IL

#3211 Jul 28, 2010
Do not take out a loan with AGF.

These people posting in their behalf obviously still work there and try to do damage control for the harm the company has done to so many people.

They should not even be posting on this website, but yet they try to tell others that they shouldn't be here.
geez

United States

#3212 Jul 28, 2010
Boycott wrote:
Do not take out a loan with AGF.
These people posting in their behalf obviously still work there and try to do damage control for the harm the company has done to so many people.
They should not even be posting on this website, but yet they try to tell others that they shouldn't be here.
.......... Give it up already!!!!
exactly

United States

#3213 Jul 28, 2010
Give it a rest, how many customers do u think is even on here, this is employee website u moron! Go start your own topix
Big Tex

Mount Morris, MI

#3214 Jul 28, 2010
exactly wrote:
Give it a rest, how many customers do u think is even on here, this is employee website u moron! Go start your own topix
I agree. Just google "american general complaints" and tell those people not to pay. That way I can file a judgment and garnish their wages. None of us have accounts.
YouWoulddBeAmaze d

Springfield, IL

#3215 Jul 28, 2010
exactly wrote:
You'd be amazed at the number of potential customers who would look at a website like this to try to get an idea of what the company is really like.
That's why you're on here calling people names and motivating them !
BringItOn

Springfield, IL

#3216 Jul 28, 2010
YouWoulddBeAmazed wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be amazed at the number of potential customers who would look at a website like this to try to get an idea of what the company is really like.
Oh, I almost forgot:

Jackass!
Disgusted

Los Angeles, CA

#3217 Jul 28, 2010
Really wrote:
Everyone is to have 6 months minimum in living expenses set aside , during these rough times, 12 months is ideal but not always possible. If you forsee problems 3 months prior to running oug of emergency funds, CALL YOUR CREDITOR, they will work with you, helping you extend your emergency fund! For goodness sakes , don't send them a letter telling them not to call you, leaving them the only option to sue you? Common sense goes a long ways, DO NOT listen to 500 credit score for your sake !
You obviously live in denial times, right????? Its used to be that way back in the day. Times are different and things change. You can never forsee life..You will learn as you mature..I hope
who knows

Denver, CO

#3218 Jul 28, 2010
YouWoulddBeAmazed wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >> thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard!!! all our customers care about is if they are getting approved, i have maybe 1-20 customers even ask the interst rate or term ( and before you post something back, YES WE TELL THEM up front all terms, but they dont care), all they care about is payment and if they are approved, not idiots posting stupid things like you!!!!! 5 years ago, it was taboo to talk about bk, or your credit, now its like hey bro whats up, oh i just filed bk, or i just let me house go to foreclosure,,,,people dont care anymore!
Get Lost

Springfield, IL

#3219 Jul 28, 2010
who knows wrote:
<quoted text>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>> thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard!!! all our customers care about is if they are getting approved, i have maybe 1-20 customers even ask the interst rate or term ( and before you post something back, YES WE TELL THEM up front all terms, but they dont care), all they care about is payment and if they are approved, not idiots posting stupid things like you!!!!! 5 years ago, it was taboo to talk about bk, or your credit, now its like hey bro whats up, oh i just filed bk, or i just let me house go to foreclosure,,,,people dont care anymore!
There have been a number of customers ask for advice on their situations on this website, usually ones that have been wronged by AGF. Read back through the pages you stupid idiot !!

Get the Hell off this website you Moron ! This website is for people who no longer work for AGF? What a supid ass, moronic, jerk, idiot !!
who knows

United States

#3220 Jul 28, 2010
Get Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been a number of customers ask for advice on their situations on this website, usually ones that have been wronged by AGF. Read back through the pages you stupid idiot !!
Get the Hell off this website you Moron ! This website is for people who no longer work for AGF? What a supid ass, moronic, jerk, idiot !!
..... LOL guess this site has kids on it as well
Shoe Fits

Springfield, IL

#3221 Jul 28, 2010
who knows wrote:
<quoted text>..... LOL guess this site has kids on it as well
Shoe fits.
FAIL

Yucaipa, CA

#3222 Jul 28, 2010
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously live in denial times, right????? Its used to be that way back in the day. Times are different and things change. You can never forsee life..You will learn as you mature..I hope
"Really" is right Disgusted. People should concentrate on paying off their bills they have, save, don't spend, pay cash for things you purchase. If you don't have the money, don't buy it! Be content with what you have. Have a budget. Who gives a crap if you have to drive a beat up piece of junk as long as you can get to point A to point B. Eat less, don't eat out. Doesn't cost anything to excersice and being health should be part of your retirement plan. Good ridance to the STRESS from that place.
OMG OMG

Victorville, CA

#3223 Jul 29, 2010
listen wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem they don't want to listen to the branch employees they want people who don't question their policies and way of doing things. Seen it get realy bad the last 10 years, the 20 years before that it was a business not just a numbers game. I don't see how things will change with the current leadership in Evansville. I agree there are good DM's out there and lots of great Managers and staff members, but many DM's that didn't make good Managers, but moved to be a DM. It's all who you know when the time is right. It's tough out there for the good employees they are becoming out numbered by the bad.
TEST
OMG OMG

Victorville, CA

#3224 Jul 29, 2010
OMG
4u2njoy

Cincinnati, OH

#3225 Jul 30, 2010
It's amazing how this forum is typically for bashing of AGF and American General is advertising on the bottom of the page...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American International Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ten Most Excellent XviD WMV to MOV Converter Ar... (Mar '09) Mar '17 Newday 6
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Jun '16 Swedenforever 6
Why I was not on a Loan note (Mar '11) May '16 Margaret 3
News From Member of the Bar to Piano Bar: AIG's Russ... (May '16) May '16 SINGER Hedge Para... 1
News Obama opposes 90% tax on bonuses at bailouts (Mar '09) Apr '16 FancyButtPirate 14
News Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Feb '16 Bailouts 14
News Bush Super PAC Fundraising Plummeted in Past Si... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Card Carrying Zio... 1
More from around the web