Mortgage shutdown hits 150 in Fort Wayne

Mortgage shutdown hits 150 in Fort Wayne

There are 40 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Aug 3, 2007, titled Mortgage shutdown hits 150 in Fort Wayne. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Financially troubled American Home Mortgage Investment Corp. will close for good today, putting about 155 employees in Fort Wayne out of work, the Journal Gazette reports today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Here There

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Aug 3, 2007
Wow, I didn't even realize there were jobs left in Ft. Wayne to lose.
John W

United States

#22 Aug 3, 2007
LeftBhind wrote:
You mean, it is a sad day in BritneyLand, or if you prefer, FairTaxLand.
Who needs bridges and roads, or for that matter, things our country used to be good at, like banking and mortgage services, affordable health care, or efficient air travel systems, when we can have it all in front of our HD TVs, and the news these day is all-celebrity, all the time?
Is it to soon to say Bradbury was right on in Farenheit 411?
I don't think so.
Thank you for your attention.
451, maroon.
Two dog night

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Aug 3, 2007
Here There wrote:
Wow, I didn't even realize there were jobs left in Ft. Wayne to lose.
Actually, some of those people were in an office here in Indy. One of my friends is one of the underwriters packing up her stuff and going home.
Lifeonthe beach

West Newton, IN

#24 Aug 3, 2007
This would be because they are all idiots, I had never heard of them, so I called about a loan 3 months later they still had not been able to figure out how to do one, so I went to Chase, and 3 weeks later it was done, they lady at American Home had said she had never done one, and had us meet her at Dennys, which she looked at my husband and said thank God for workers like you, we had no idea what she was talking about, then she told us she told her daughter that my husband picked up her trash, what an idiot wrong family, wrong employer, we just looked at her, and left, she never even realized she had the wrong family, my husband is an owner/operator over the road, idiots!
The truth

Virginia Beach, VA

#26 Aug 3, 2007
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
While I fully understand that it is the Hoosier way to abhor anything they do not know and to fear crossing any border, including state lines, the other day I got on this big chunk of metal with wings called an airplane. It flies!! I know, seriously, it's hard to believe, but it's true! It's truly amazing what these 20th century inventions can accomplish.
In fact, I'm still in California today, but my ISP will probably show as Indianapolis. It's another fascinating innovation and this one is attributed to an Indianapolis company with a remote office in southern California.
But alas, today I'll be getting on another one of those fandangled contraptions, leaving the 21st century, and returning home to the small 19th century minds of Indiana.
Thank you so much for clearing that up. It is so unfortunate that so many people that live in Indiana have never been exposed to anything except for the back roads of rural Indiana. I believe they are called red necks. I supposed if the cook out had been all white; a pig roast; a keg of red white and blue beer; country music and a confederate flag it would have been all good. Just remember that if you are not Native American your family were immigrants as well. Get over yourself.
Idjit

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Aug 3, 2007
blah wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just insulting... which is why it is funny.
Actually Blah, you're the one thats insulting - rather than trying to state any facts with which to make your point, you attacked "Tim" on a personal level. Most likely because the facts ARE on his side, not yours.
Concerned Citizen

Waynesburg, PA

#28 Aug 3, 2007
Another company biting the dust, Sorry for the employees, but the mortgage industry is a rough field, so many of them seem to take advantage of people and then it eventually catches up with them, when "word of mouth" gets out that they are not as good as they want people to believe.
Rick

Indianapolis, IN

#29 Aug 3, 2007
This is messed up. American Home Mortgage just did the mortgage for my wife and I's home and then sold it to Wells Fargo didnt know why it happened so fast but now I do
Pay the Price

AOL

#30 Aug 3, 2007
Sorry about the jobs lost but the party is over. The banks, realtors and mortgage companies have been raping the public for years, now they are paying the price of their bad business practices.

Since: Dec 06

West Central IN

#31 Aug 3, 2007
Pay the Price wrote:
Sorry about the jobs lost but the party is over. The banks, realtors and mortgage companies have been raping the public for years, now they are paying the price of their bad business practices.
How true.
Joe

Chicago, IL

#32 Aug 3, 2007
Too many friggin retards out there buying stuff they can't pay for. How many people do you see out there driving BMW's, Lexus', and owning large homes when their salary SHOULD prevent them from owning these things? Eh, they're ok, they'll just put it on the charge card and pay for it later, right?
Why Negotiate

AOL

#33 Aug 3, 2007
Joe wrote:
Too many friggin retards out there buying stuff they can't pay for. How many people do you see out there driving BMW's, Lexus', and owning large homes when their salary SHOULD prevent them from owning these things? Eh, they're ok, they'll just put it on the charge card and pay for it later, right?
You are right they will pay sooner rather than later. The financial markets are on the rocks right now because of all of this overspending nonsense.
Newby

Newport, KY

#34 Aug 3, 2007
Rice and Beaners wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over it, it is not going to change. And, careful there, you are starting to show from behind your sheet.
Gost is mighty tasty, you should try it! If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
I have to say you are an idiot. And guess what, I'll show my face! I am not afraid of you at all! Remember you came to our country, we didn't come to yours.What this man saw is awful and it takes a twisted person to do these things.
Newby

Newport, KY

#35 Aug 3, 2007
Pay the Price wrote:
You are correct.Will they be losing their homes now!
Pay the Price

AOL

#36 Aug 3, 2007
Newby wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct.Will they be losing their homes now!
Yes, and I'm afraid it is only the beginning of a stretch of bad times for people with debt. If you have cash or liqyuid assests it will be a time of great opportunity to pick up some cheap property.
Einstein

Indianapolis, IN

#37 Aug 4, 2007
Dennis_Daviess Co wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought something was up. When you see more Mexicans living on a block than you do Americans, this should tell you something. Where is ICE when you need them the most. The group that I have living across the street from me takes baby goats and hangs them in the trees, cuts their throats while they are still alive and screaming. Then has the whole clan over for a cook out. It sounded like a bunch of kids screaming that day. Even tho the cops was called, there was nothing they could do about it. Before the day was over, I thought there was going to be a shooting, There sure was a lot of mad people around my house when that took place. On a Sunday afternoon no less. Washington, In is getting to be known as little Mexico. But we do have a Purdue plant in town. So they came here in droves. Not to mention all of the watermelons that are growing around this county. They've built their own stores and have Mexican restaurants everywhere here now. I wish we could get a fleet of semi trucks together and have a convoy back to the Mexican border. This town alone could fill 150 trucks easy.
Don't you have a cross-burning you need to go to?
robert

Virginia Beach, VA

#38 Aug 5, 2007
live by credit, die by credit.
Adult World

Indianapolis, IN

#39 Aug 6, 2007
Lifeonthe beach wrote:
This would be because they are all idiots, I had never heard of them, so I called about a loan 3 months later they still had not been able to figure out how to do one, so I went to Chase, and 3 weeks later it was done, they lady at American Home had said she had never done one, and had us meet her at Dennys, which she looked at my husband and said thank God for workers like you, we had no idea what she was talking about, then she told us she told her daughter that my husband picked up her trash, what an idiot wrong family, wrong employer, we just looked at her, and left, she never even realized she had the wrong family, my husband is an owner/operator over the road, idiots!
You're an idiot. Maybe you should know something about the business before you try making up b.s. like that.
Broke

Virginia Beach, VA

#40 Aug 11, 2007
Joe wrote:
They don't even pay for it later they just file bankruptcy.
Broke

Virginia Beach, VA

#41 Aug 11, 2007
Dennis_Daviess Co wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought something was up. When you see more Mexicans living on a block than you do Americans, this should tell you something. Where is ICE when you need them the most. The group that I have living across the street from me takes baby goats and hangs them in the trees, cuts their throats while they are still alive and screaming. Then has the whole clan over for a cook out. It sounded like a bunch of kids screaming that day. Even tho the cops was called, there was nothing they could do about it. Before the day was over, I thought there was going to be a shooting, There sure was a lot of mad people around my house when that took place. On a Sunday afternoon no less. Washington, In is getting to be known as little Mexico. But we do have a Purdue plant in town. So they came here in droves. Not to mention all of the watermelons that are growing around this county. They've built their own stores and have Mexican restaurants everywhere here now. I wish we could get a fleet of semi trucks together and have a convoy back to the Mexican border. This town alone could fill 150 trucks easy.
Why don't you just move if you don't like it. Yeeee-hawwww.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Home Mortgage Holdings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News American Home Mortage closing tomorrow - (Aug '07) Nov '15 Truth teller 177
News Help for jobless American Home Mortgage workers - (Aug '07) Oct '14 Mia 10
News Class Action Suit filed against American Home M... (Aug '07) Sep '14 Chunchuna 348
News American Home Mortgage chief Michael Strauss ta... (Aug '07) Aug '14 Alice Broadhurst 40
News American Home Mortgage chief Michael Strauss ta... (Aug '07) Jan '13 Former Direct Rep... 44
News Woman fights American Home Mortgage in court - (Nov '07) Oct '12 libertyreverse 85
insurance check endorsement by AHMSI (May '12) May '12 alex 1
More from around the web