Bankruptcy threat looms for American ...

Bankruptcy threat looms for American Home Mortgage -

There are 16 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 1, 2007, titled Bankruptcy threat looms for American Home Mortgage -. In it, Newsday reports that:

In a move that sent shock waves through the financial markets and left investors millions of dollars poorer, Melville-based American Home Mortgage Investment Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

crooks win

Tarrytown, NY

#2 Aug 1, 2007
Here is a good one. Probably done by many.
What did this company do? Did they pay taxes? I heard this was done more than once at this company.
How do you get a lawyer to do this? Pataki(NYS Governor) sent a congratutory letter!

I worked at a company that open companies with other people's names without their knowledge. I tried to pursue why. but was threatened. I know there was some haitian people involved. The following is one of those companies. The authorities looked into this company. The person who started this company said he did it by mistake. Guess what? The authorities believed him. The company stayed active for years.
Selected Entity Name: NORTH AMERICAN ASTROLOGY INFORMATION SERVICES INC.
Current Entity Name: NORTH AMERICAN ASTROLOGY INFORMATION SERVICES INC.
Initial DOS Filing Date: 07/16/1997
County: NASSAU
Jurisdiction:
Entity Type: DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION

DOS Process (Address to which DOS will mail process if accepted on behalf of the entity)
PATRICK CUSACK
366 NORTH BROADWAY, SUITE 410 - I believe suite is the same as PO Box
JERICHO, NEW YORK 11753

Registered Agent
NONE

NOTE: New York State does not issue organizational identification numbers
FUND OUR LOANS

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#3 Aug 1, 2007
I am told 90% possibility of fuding tomorrow.
Anthony

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Aug 1, 2007
For the first time in many decades there is no engine of growth in the US.

Even the Great Depression eventually had WW II.

When the housing bubble bursts our nation will be in big financial trouble.

China is our bank.

We have ruined our military in Iraq (but we'll recover)

All the good jobs are sent overseas.

The public schools dumb down kids and ruin their morals.

Families are breaking up.

The Federal Reserve is privately owned.

Our borders are wide open and every day illegal aliens kill 24 Americans or something like that.
crooks win

Tarrytown, NY

#5 Aug 1, 2007
I believe nothing but good news from Anthony. WIth USA government, corrupt politicans and business men who needs terrorists!
Anthony wrote:
For the first time in many decades there is no engine of growth in the US.
Even the Great Depression eventually had WW II.
When the housing bubble bursts our nation will be in big financial trouble.
China is our bank.
We have ruined our military in Iraq (but we'll recover)
All the good jobs are sent overseas.
The public schools dumb down kids and ruin their morals.
Families are breaking up.
The Federal Reserve is privately owned.
Our borders are wide open and every day illegal aliens kill 24 Americans or something like that.
dont buy

Staten Island, NY

#6 Aug 2, 2007
buyer beware ,anybody that is thinking of buying real estate now needs to get there head checked , dont be stupid and buy now you will be making a grand mistake ,dont listen to real estate agents they are liars , last year at the same time i wrote to all the folks on craigslist and warned them not to buy ,How right was i ,,, i told everyone that was renting to stay put and wait for the storm , well the storm is here and prices will continue to decline , i must say the have to be down at least 20% since last year or maybe even more ,, dont buy ,,,i repeat dont buy ,,if a house is selling for an asking price of 350,000 offer 290,000 ,, nobody is making offers ,, sit on the side lines , prices could decline as much as 50% yes i said 50%, in the 1980s house shot up to 300,000 on long island then by the mid 1990s you could get that same house for 180,000 thats a 40% decline ,,, i do feel bad for the people that brought from 2004 to 2006 because they have some big issues with there investment ,, good luck to those buyer your stuck for a min of 10 years , the market is flooded with property and there are no buyer ,, if you people out there thought hurricane Katrina was bad wait for this storm to pass ,, big problems ,, very big ,, dont buy

http://patrick.net/housing/crash.html

http://www.longislandbubble.com/bubblomics.ht... beware ,anybody that is thinking of buying real estate now needs to get there head checked , dont be stupid and buy now you will be making a grand mistake ,dont listen to real estate agents they are liars , last year at the same time i wrote to all the folks on craigslist and warned them not to buy ,How right was i ,,, i told everyone that was renting to stay put and wait for the storm , well the storm is here and prices will continue to decline , i must say the have to be down at least 20% since last year or maybe even more ,, dont buy ,,,i repeat dont buy ,,if a house is selling for an asking price of 350,000 offer 290,000 ,, nobody is making offers ,, sit on the side lines , prices could decline as much as 50% yes i said 50%, in the 1980s house shot up to 300,000 on long island then by the mid 1990s you could get that same house for 180,000 thats a 40% decline ,,, i do feel bad for the people that brought from 2004 to 2006 because they have some big issues with there investment ,, good luck to those buyer your stuck for a min of 10 years , the market is flooded with property and there are no buyer ,, if you people out there thought hurricane Katrina was bad wait for this storm to pass ,, big problems ,, very big ,, dont buy

http://patrick.net/housing/crash.html

http://www.longislandbubble.com/bubblomics.ht...
formeremployee

Richmond, VA

#7 Aug 2, 2007
I left a year ago, due to an illness. Even the HR department willfully misrepresented themselves. It is easy to understand why AHM is in trouble. The Virginia Beach Operations FHA underwriters would not approve the typical FHA loan guidelines, but AHM would loan on Choice Flex programs to someone out of bankruptcy for one day? They turned away good business to take bad business.
Michael Leigh Dean

Castro Valley, CA

#10 Aug 2, 2007
this story should get more play to commone folk
ethel earnest

Mount Sterling, KY

#16 Aug 6, 2007
CAHAVE BEEN WORKING WITH THIS MORTGAGE CO. FOR ALLMOST 4 MONTHS TRYING TO GET MY HOUSE REFINANCED BECAUSE I HAVE TWO MORTG.S WITH VARIABLE INTS. AT 11% AND 10.250 WHICH WILL BE RAISED AGAIN IN SEPT.OR NOV. AND I AM WITHOUT A JOB AS I LOST MY JOB IN MAY DUE TO HEALTH PROBLEMS , AND HAVE BEEN TOLD REPEATEDLY BY BOTH AGENTS JEANETTE SILVER AND DAVID KRIBBS, THAT I HAVE THE LOAN AND HAS BEEN APPROVED AND WE WILL BE CLOSING ANY DAY NOW , BUT I AM STILL WAITING! THE MORTGAGE CO. I AM WITH HOMEQC.SERVICING AND NEW CENTURY MORTG. IS THREATENING TO FORECLOSE ON MY HOME!
ethel earnest

Mount Sterling, KY

#17 Aug 6, 2007
IN THE PREVEIOUS POSTING I ASKED CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME SAVE MY HOME?I AM PAYING 1126.48 AMO. IN MORTGAGE PAY.WILL SOMEONE AT AMERICAN HOME MORTG. PLEASE TELL ME IF THEY CAN HELP? MY E-MAIL IS [email protected] or ethel derr 144 isgrig lane paris ky 40361
Poor Ethel

New Canaan, CT

#18 Aug 6, 2007
Um Ethel...AHM is CLOSED, shut down, bankrupt. They cannot do your refinance. I would contact another lender ASAP.
Siegfried Klunker

South Jordan, UT

#19 Aug 15, 2007
These Crooks and lyers bring our whole nation down and they are not the only ones. We fight wars all over the world and want to play the Police of the World and brake down in our country. How long will this go? May God judge over us and bring it to a end, But this end will be very bitter for all of us. We b laim every problems in this country on others and we are the one that do it. Our country is so beautiful but our system stinks to haeven.
Rnntv com

Pearl River, NY

#20 Aug 15, 2007
Bush May Try to Cut Corporate Tax Rates
President Cites Need To Compete Globally
August 9, 2007
http://tinyurl.com/2ex5ls
President Bush said yesterday that he is considering a fresh plan to cut tax rates for U.S. corporations to make them more competitive around the world, an initiative that could further inflame a battle with the Democratic Congress over spending and taxes and help define the remainder of his tenure.
Advisers presented Bush with a series of ideas to restructure corporate taxes, possibly eliminating narrowly targeted breaks to pay for a broader, across-the-board rate cut. In an interview with a small group of journalists afterward, Bush said he was "inclined" to send a corporate tax package to Congress, although he expressed uncertainty about its political viability.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Siegfried Klunker

South Jordan, UT

#21 Aug 15, 2007
It is a shame for our whole Nation. These bankers ar full of creet and they do not feel guilty what they do. Our Housing Market stinks now and how can we get out of this big trouble? Many people lost their money and the other part put it in their own wallet. Can this big crooks not be honest and make a fair busines without ruining others? Our nation wants to control the whole world and collaps within. And then we blaime it on the "others". I was shocked when I red this article. Who is behind all this? Beautiful America,where do you go? How long can people pay their
high Mortgage Loan without coming in personaly trouble?
This Godgiven Nation will collapse if we don,t stop what we do now or what credy "Money Succers" do? How long will God look upon this Nation as it is right now?
Richard

Buffalo, NY

#22 Aug 24, 2007
Its a ofscary thing. Watching what these mortgage companies have done to themselves and borrowers for years. I myself was approved for a mortgage that in no way could it not fail.. 100-110% of value. Approved
so someone could make a commission. If the banking industry ever pulls back, it will be a miracle. By this time next year the country will be in the midst of hundreds of bankruptcies from banks that fail due to greed.
Someone in charge better wake up fast. Im ashamed to be an American ! What have they done to our country?
WHOMER CARLISLE

Raleigh, NC

#23 Aug 26, 2007
I FEEL THAT A 3 STAR COMPANY SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH ASSETS TO STAY AFLOAT--THIS WOULD BE A HELP TO THE STOCK HOLRERS ALSO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY--THANKS FOR REPORT AS I HAVE STOCKS THAT I FEEL IS WORTHY OF A RECOVERY---THINK ABOUT THE HELP THAT AM SURE CAN HELP IN RECOVERY---IT IS GOOD TO HAVE MY SAY--THANKS AGAIN---
OptionNext

Bronx, NY

#24 Sep 6, 2007
Long Island is in for a treat this year. AHM going out of business is nothing, Just wait. Your going to see your friends,neighbors,parents and maybe even yourself losing everything you worked hard for. Is that big car payment 30 days late yet? 1 in every 5 houses on long island is bound for foreclosure. Thanks to the ethics of these chop shop mortgage companies that employed everyone you know. we are going to see 1991 all over again. Also if you were thinking about getting rich by doing equity purchasing and lease buy backs make sure to read the new laws NYS passed last Febuary. Things will get worse before they get better, Not writing 4 loans a month anymore? What happened to all those stated stated deals? NINA? NODOC? I hope you dont think by next quarter these loans are making a come back. They are gone for good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Home Mortgage Holdings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Help for jobless American Home Mortgage workers - (Aug '07) Oct '14 Mia 10
News Class Action Suit filed against American Home M... (Aug '07) Sep '14 Chunchuna 348
News American Home Mortgage chief Michael Strauss ta... (Aug '07) Aug '14 Alice Broadhurst 40
News American Home Mortgage chief Michael Strauss ta... (Aug '07) Jan '13 Former Direct Rep... 44
News Woman fights American Home Mortgage in court - (Nov '07) Oct '12 libertyreverse 85
insurance check endorsement by AHMSI (May '12) May '12 alex 1
my losses (Apr '11) May '11 tracy 4
More from around the web