Sources: Feds probing American Home c...

Sources: Feds probing American Home collapse -

There are 23 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 2, 2007, titled Sources: Feds probing American Home collapse -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Federal prosecutors and the FBI have opened an investigation into whether criminal misconduct was involved in the collapse of Melville-based American Home Mortgage, according to several sources familiar with ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Atheists are Non-Prophet”

Since: Sep 07

Long Island

#22 Oct 9, 2007
A white man with a briefcase can steal more money then a ________(fill in minority) with a gun.

These bankers (and Enron, etc.) ruined 100s of lives through their greed. How come their thievery is looked upon with less scorn then the guy who robs a bank.

HMMMMM.....I wonder what all the bankers have in common...RICH WHITE GUYS!
Escrow Robbbed

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Oct 10, 2007
AHM has frozen all escrow amounts and is not paying for those of under construction. We closed in May and started construction last month. AHM robbed our escrow account and now will not pay the contractors. Winter is coming in Chicago and we have no windows or roof.

“Atheists are Non-Prophet”

Since: Sep 07

Long Island

#24 Oct 10, 2007
Escrow Robbbed wrote:
AHM has frozen all escrow amounts and is not paying for those of under construction. We closed in May and started construction last month. AHM robbed our escrow account and now will not pay the contractors. Winter is coming in Chicago and we have no windows or roof.
Like I said-Rich White Guys doing bad things to people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Home Mortgage Holdings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Help for jobless American Home Mortgage workers - (Aug '07) Oct '14 Mia 10
News Class Action Suit filed against American Home M... (Aug '07) Sep '14 Chunchuna 348
News American Home Mortgage chief Michael Strauss ta... (Aug '07) Aug '14 Alice Broadhurst 40
News American Home Mortgage chief Michael Strauss ta... (Aug '07) Jan '13 Former Direct Rep... 44
News Woman fights American Home Mortgage in court - (Nov '07) Oct '12 libertyreverse 85
insurance check endorsement by AHMSI (May '12) May '12 alex 1
my losses (Apr '11) May '11 tracy 4
More from around the web