American Home Mortgage lays off hundreds

American Home Mortgage lays off hundreds

There are 173 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 11, 2007, titled American Home Mortgage lays off hundreds. In it, Newsday reports that:

American Home Mortgage Investment Corp., the Melville-based real estate investment trust, has laid off hundreds of workers without notice or even time to clear out their desks, current and former employees said ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
why do u say so

Buffalo Grove, IL

#171 Aug 3, 2007
Oh well- Game Over wrote:
Now all the Green Card Immigrants in programming gets their asses shipped back. Go back and get a job at home....
if they have greencard, why would they have to go back home.... they have better chances of getting another job here then u do
IM4AHM

Westbury, NY

#172 Aug 3, 2007
Oh well- Game Over wrote:
Now all the Green Card Immigrants in programming gets their asses shipped back. Go back and get a job at home....
It this day and age it still amazes me to see how there are still some ignorant racist bigets. I am Italian, my family came to this country on a boat looking for opportunity, there were given the chance to do this. Why don't you go and crawl under a rock. You make me ashamed to be an american.
ckb

West Babylon, NY

#175 Aug 3, 2007
Sounds like some clueless LO's to me
its all over

Brooklyn, NY

#176 Aug 3, 2007
Look it’s allover we don’t have job’s anymore, what is the point of fighting.
Dina

Boynton Beach, FL

#177 Aug 3, 2007
<<American Home is a very Stable Company especially it's very profitable wholesale division ABC. Please report accurately.>y.>

Not so profitable or stable. They let the entire office go on Thursday. My good friend Charlie worked there as a receptionist.

A lot of my former co-workers from Long Beach Mortgage (division of WAMU)went there after we got laid off last year. They even gave up their very nice severence packages for the sake of securing a new job. Now they've got nothing.

Also, when one is laid off (corporate lay off) you get 60 days notice and severence and although Countrywide let us go early, Long Beach made us work up until that 60th day!! If you left before the 60 days, you didn't get your severence pay.

My heart aches for all those who are out of work whereever they live.

Dina
Plantation, FL
Former Employee

AOL

#178 Aug 3, 2007
I know today was a somber day for many long time AHM employees who were part of the amazing rise in fortune to the #10 Mortgage Banker in the country in just a short period of time. Back in the "old days" we were all in the 520 building and could run into Michael Strauss and other executives in the bathrooms and actually have a conversation with them. Things were much better then, before the money went to the brain of so many.

Hopefully all staff members will wind up working for more honorable and decent managers when the next opportunity comes through.

My heartfelt condolences to everyone.

SP
abc former employee on LI

Elmhurst, NY

#179 Aug 4, 2007
well I feel so bad for my fellow coworkers, I actually left abc in the end of June to work at another mortgage company. The branch manager tried telling me how stable and secure they were but something in my gut was telling me something. they stopped overtime, they reduced the bonus!!!! and like I always say what comes around goes around. fyi the operations manager sucked and hopefully I never have to work for her again!!!!
well said

Buffalo Grove, IL

#181 Aug 4, 2007
IM4AHM wrote:
<quoted text>
It this day and age it still amazes me to see how there are still some ignorant racist bigets. I am Italian, my family came to this country on a boat looking for opportunity, there were given the chance to do this. Why don't you go and crawl under a rock. You make me ashamed to be an american.
Good
Thanks For Nothing

Bronx, NY

#182 Aug 4, 2007
Anyone have the name and password for the admin account on the laptops?
Promises

Lincoln, ME

#183 Aug 4, 2007
Chris wrote:
It's times like these and articles like these that make me so proud to be working for the number one mortgage company,,, Wells Fargo!!!
Chris I agree. I left AHM ON 7/18 for Wells Fargo HM and I could not be happier!!
Paulie

Tyngsboro, MA

#185 Aug 7, 2007
Hey...relax everyone. Losing the job sucks, so it goes....I was fired from IBM not long ago, I used to work with a lot of the IT people at AMH at IBM....so it goes..Best of Luck, Hang Tough, and IBM Melville..we really had no idea how good that was ....
Brian

Seaside Heights, NJ

#186 Aug 10, 2007
For those looking for the best sales opportunity in New York. High potential career in Supplemental Benefits beckon as Housing Slump Deepens! With the cooling of the housing market many of those working in the real estate industry, including mortgage brokers, will need to find new markets for rewarding careers. Aflac believes it has the answer.For more information about a career with Aflac, contact [email protected]
Cory

Lubbock, TX

#187 Sep 20, 2007
logon was hardware password is hdadmin5201 I need to find my slip of paper that I got when they allowed me to download something---If it is not it's close and i will find it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Home Mortgage Holdings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News American Home Mortage closing tomorrow - (Aug '07) Nov '15 Truth teller 177
News Help for jobless American Home Mortgage workers - (Aug '07) Oct '14 Mia 10
News Class Action Suit filed against American Home M... (Aug '07) Sep '14 Chunchuna 348
News American Home Mortgage chief Michael Strauss ta... (Aug '07) Aug '14 Alice Broadhurst 40
News American Home Mortgage chief Michael Strauss ta... (Aug '07) Jan '13 Former Direct Rep... 44
News Woman fights American Home Mortgage in court - (Nov '07) Oct '12 libertyreverse 85
insurance check endorsement by AHMSI (May '12) May '12 alex 1
More from around the web