American Home Mortgage lays off 228 m...

American Home Mortgage lays off 228 more employees -

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 27, 2007, titled American Home Mortgage lays off 228 more employees -. In it, Newsday reports that:

American Home Mortgage Investment Corp., the beleaguered Melville-based mortgage bank, has laid off another 228 employees, bringing to 428 the number of job cuts this month, a company spokeswoman said ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

AHM EMPLOYEE

Wantagh, NY

#1 Aug 2, 2007
Good Luck to all
On Track

Pleasantville, NY

#4 Aug 3, 2007
Any other open positions? Processsing?
An informed outsider

Fredericksburg, VA

#6 Aug 3, 2007
The lack of professionalism and caring from upper management to their employees is deplorable. Maybe Mr. Strauss should have rethought the six figure bonuses distribted less than 6 months ago. I am constantly amazed at the salaries that are afforded to the mortgage industry. To me, if it meant stability and the future of a company being at stake, take a percentage back, adjust my salary, discontinue bonuses, restructure, combine office buildings in Melville, place a hiring freeze (last hire was on 7/30 - rediculous), DO SOMETHING TO PREVENT WHAT IS NOW A REALITY. YOU DID NOTHING.

All the employees posting slanderous comments on this blog - if there is one thing i have learned about this business is you never know who you will work for in the future. Everyone knows someone. It doesnt matter if you wrote it or not, if the perception is there that you did, good luck getting hired.

To those who sit in their offices with titles, some deserved and some not, good luck in the real world. Finding that 6 figure salary to sit and rely on your knowledgable staff to make you shine - good luck with finding employment.

I have been kept informed of all happenings there, how can you possibly make employees sit there all day yesterday and all day today. Vendors have already come in and taken the coffee machines, the water bottles, toilet paper and paper towels. Is this the way you treat employees who have kept the company going as long as it has? Communication to the employees consist of emails stating, NO ONE CAN LEAVE.... YOU MUST REPORT TO WORK....... NO TALKING TO THE MEDIA.
Great communication. What about an apology for your failure, what about a thank you, a good luck..... No, just more unrealistic requests to the now unemployed employees.

TO THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR A STAFF, PUT YOUR OWN FEELINGS ASIDE FOR ONCE AND CONSOLE YOUR STAFF, OFFER THEM SOME ADVICE AFTER ALL YOU ARE ALL SUPPOSED TO BE THE LEADERS. AFTER ALL, SOME OF YOU HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET ASKED TO STAY TO CLEAN THINGS UP. YOU ALL ARE GETTING ANOTHER PAYCHECK. MOST OF THE EMPLOYEES ARENT. THINK OF SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOURSELVES. MAKING THOSE 6 FIGURES HAVE PROBABLY AFFORDED YOU THE LUXURY OF A SAVINGS ACCOUNT. THINK OF THE EMPLOYEES THAT HAVE NO SAVINGS, CHILDREN TO FEED, HOUSES TO PAY FOR, RENTS, CAR PAYMENTS - AT LEAST YOUR SAVINGS ACCOUNTS WILL CARRY YOU FOR A BIT. THESE EMPLOYEES HAVE NOTHING, NO SAVINGS, NO INCOME, NO INSURANCE, NO SENSE OF ANYTHING BUT A SENSE OF PERSONAL FAILURE BECAUSE OF ONE MAN'S BAD BUSINESS DECISIONS.

STEP UP MANAGERS AND GIVE YOUR STAFF ONE LAST POSITIVE MEMORY.
Victoria-Vital Title-NJ

Fort Wayne, IN

#7 Aug 3, 2007
Anyone looking for help with loans, please log on www.vitaltitleagency.com . we will help your borrowers find new lenders. We must all help each to other to make up for such terrible in this world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Home Mortgage Holdings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News American Home Mortage closing tomorrow - (Aug '07) Nov '15 Truth teller 177
News Help for jobless American Home Mortgage workers - (Aug '07) Oct '14 Mia 10
News Class Action Suit filed against American Home M... (Aug '07) Sep '14 Chunchuna 348
News American Home Mortgage chief Michael Strauss ta... (Aug '07) Aug '14 Alice Broadhurst 40
News American Home Mortgage chief Michael Strauss ta... (Aug '07) Jan '13 Former Direct Rep... 44
News Woman fights American Home Mortgage in court - (Nov '07) Oct '12 libertyreverse 85
insurance check endorsement by AHMSI (May '12) May '12 alex 1
More from around the web