cpap masks and accesories
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
enrique

Decatur, GA

#1 Feb 1, 2008
Be aware of apria "healthcare" GOLD diggers.I went to get my cpap machine that I need for my sleep aphnea .They told me that I would only pay $100. deductible.Nobody informed me of a hidden charge of 360 extra dollars worth of accesories that they "say" the insurance company doesn't pay.It really angers me that this people take advantage of people's needs to make so much money.If you are going to need their services be very careful. They gave me the wrong masks and I have to pay for them anyway at a very high price,and on top of that I have to buy another mask that I don't even know if it is going to fit since thay are so inefficient they don't know what they are doing.
billamy

Louisville, KY

#2 Mar 23, 2008
I dont know anything about them...but what kind of health insurance do you have?????
enrique wrote:
Be aware of apria "healthcare" GOLD diggers.I went to get my cpap machine that I need for my sleep aphnea .They told me that I would only pay $100. deductible.Nobody informed me of a hidden charge of 360 extra dollars worth of accesories that they "say" the insurance company doesn't pay.It really angers me that this people take advantage of people's needs to make so much money.If you are going to need their services be very careful. They gave me the wrong masks and I have to pay for them anyway at a very high price,and on top of that I have to buy another mask that I don't even know if it is going to fit since thay are so inefficient they don't know what they are doing.
billamy

Louisville, KY

#3 Mar 23, 2008
I dont know anything about them but what kind of health insurance do you have...did you ask them about covering it????
llindalu

San Jose, CA

#4 Apr 22, 2008
Mom uses the Concord APRIA HEALTHCARE, Our breathing coccerators filters were in need of service, APRIA HEALTHCARE SENT THERE DRIVER AND ATTACHED A SERVICE STICKER ON IT, THAT WAS MY SERVICE. Their customer service is the worst. Moms nebulizer broke(a machine that delivers her medicine in a steam form) april 20 it stoped working, called them they said it will be there April 21, am did not come, called again there response you never called theres no order, finaly at 7:30 pm april 21 it arrives. They have faulty equiptment and the worst help ever. THEY HAVE MEDICAL MONOPLY AND PROFIT IS THERE ONLY GOAL, SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE BEFORE THERES ANY DEATHS DUE TO THERE NEGLECT. EMPTY OXYGEN BOTTLES, NO FILTER ON BY-PAP BREATHERS, WORN OUT BED MATTRESS, AND VERY DIRTY CONCERATORS. THEY MUST BE STOPPED.....
lisa

Leominster, MA

#5 Jun 10, 2008
enrique wrote:
call lincae
lisa

Leominster, MA

#6 Jun 10, 2008
call lincare
larry h

Seattle, WA

#7 Jul 7, 2008
i work their most of the time equipment isnt cleaned or tested the billing is screwed up it was a good place to work when it was homedco apria taking the care out of health for 12 years
Norm

Rochester, NY

#8 Sep 10, 2008
The first day you walk in to an Apria office as a patient in need of medical equipment, is the day that Apria places it's greedy hand in your pocket, never to remove it unless you cut it off (proverbially, of course). Apria's single mindedness is clearly focused on taking as much of your money as it can get away with. What you end up paying for equipment rented from them is absolutely outrageous!!! In my experience with Apria, they would not let me purchase the equipment outright until I rented it for 8 months. How crazy is that? I'm done with them. Good riddance.
little larry

Grafton, WI

#9 Sep 24, 2008
Norm wrote:
The first day you walk in to an Apria office as a patient in need of medical equipment, is the day that Apria places it's greedy hand in your pocket, never to remove it unless you cut it off (proverbially, of course). Apria's single mindedness is clearly focused on taking as much of your money as it can get away with. What you end up paying for equipment rented from them is absolutely outrageous!!! In my experience with Apria, they would not let me purchase the equipment outright until I rented it for 8 months. How crazy is that? I'm done with them. Good riddance.
Most companies, including Apria would be tickled pink if you came in and paid cash for your CPAP supplies and machines. What you don't understand Norm, is that your insurance company dictates what you pay for. Each item has a billing code and the price is negtiated by them. So your price and your rental agreement ( how long you rent the item) is determined by them. Norm, if you don't like the price - shop around - be an informed consumer. If you don't like what you see - speak to the branch manager.
Apria Branch Manager

Summerville, SC

#10 Oct 9, 2008
Little Larry is absolutely correct. Please don't lump all Apria branches as bad and greedy. There are plenty of good, honest, caring people working for this company, trying to earn a living just like the rest of you. Healthcare is so vitally important to the everyday lives and health of so many American citizen. I guarantee if you take your complaint to the branch manager, it will be addressed and resolved. I do it every day, I know. Be a savy consumer. Do your homework. Expect good service and you'll get it.
jc augusta ks

United States

#11 Jan 15, 2009
They delivered equipment to my home without me calling. How they got my doctor's name, order for an oxygen machine, my name, my address, my phone number, my insurance number is theft. I told them I did not order the machine and if they left it I would not pay for it if my insurance did not cover the cost. I told him if he left the machine it was at their expense. I told him you just don't show up at someone's home unannounced with no appointment. Especially here in BTK killer country. My daughter was dropping off my grandson due to an inservice day. She was here when he arrived and when he left. Therefore I have a witness to Aparia's tactics. He left the machine, he never did tell me how they got my name and I ask at least 15 times. The machine smelled when I turned it on. Let it run over an hour before I would use. They have never called, never serviced it, never ask which I prefer, mask or nose, if i need a humidifer.
I received a bill for over $400.00. Are they nuts. I called the number for billing on the statement and talked to a Chantel. She said this is bigger than me a said I needed to talk to a supervisor. ON HOLD forever, dialed the local office on the cell while on hold on the landline. The billing statement number NEVER DID ANSWER. Local number Apria answered and said Mr. Moore would have to call me back. He did, told him the story and he said he would have to check with the driver who dropped off the 02 concentrator. That was last Wednedsay, 8 days later, it is January 15, 2009 and no phone call. You can bet they will send another bill.
Little Larry

Grafton, WI

#12 Feb 9, 2009
JC-
Do you want to get to the bottom of this? Send a complaint to the Physician and Patient relations number at found at the Apria web site, or log a complaint on line. You'll get action. This line sends your concern to the local branch manager and the Area Vice President. They are both very decent, nice guys.
Be savvy - your physician probabaly referred you to Apria. Did you talk to your doctor who ordered the sleep study, or the site center that did the study? Apria would never send staff to your home without a reason too do so. Do yourself a favor - tell Apria how you want this resolved - do you want to return the equipment; do you want your co-pay negotiated. Don't complain for an hour or get angry.
They will resolve this - CPAP is too important these days.
Ma Snores

Houston, TX

#13 Apr 30, 2009
I want to get out of the "contract" with Apria. We did not know there was a "contract" when we received the machine. They have their canned presentation which does not mention anything about "contract". I should have did more research before accepting CPAP from Apria [I know better, but dropped the ball on this one]. I have sent emails to the company, which they sent to branch manager. Branch manager gave very short pointless reply. 2nd email they acknowledged, but said nothing. NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSIDERATION. My 1st insurer said they had paid for machine & Medicare should not even be in the picture. All very very confusing.
willi

Costa Mesa, CA

#14 Jun 3, 2009
You all need to know what insurance plan you signed up for. You all need to know what your doctor is doing after a visit because they are the ones who send your info to these healthcare providers. They can only get paid by your insurance if they have a RX, which would have been written by your doctor. If you have a copayment, you should know it. Try getting your meds without paying it at a pharmacy. People, it is your health, if you do not know your own insurance plan it your own fault don't blame the people doing thier job. Remember you don't have to open the door ever!
Ma Snores

United States

#15 Jun 3, 2009
Apria is a constant problem. I was checking my insurance claims today & found Apria billing insurance company for $200+ for DOING NOTHING! I've contacted insurance & medicare in past seveal months & nothing is done/no reply. NO WONDER APRIA OPEATES AS IT DOES. Once in their computer, you are trapped & boy do they dig for gold! I am thinking of returning cpap machines & purchasing them on my own as Apria is telling me they have to "lease from Medicare" when my 1st insurance carrier has already paid. NO WONDER INSURANCE & MEDICARE ARE FEELING THE DRAIN OF $$$. Maybe if I bought my own machnes, I'd be out of their computer base once & always. My insurance company has said to take machines back if I'm not happy with cpap. I'm afraid Apria will in months to come try to bill me for smething. Medicare said Apria has not ever billed them & said companies have 27 months to bill Medicare. By that time, I've forgotten the history of the situation. Why are they able to operate as such?
Ma Snores

United States

#16 Jun 3, 2009
willi wrote:
You all need to know what insurance plan you signed up for. You all need to know what your doctor is doing after a visit because they are the ones who send your info to these healthcare providers. They can only get paid by your insurance if they have a RX, which would have been written by your doctor. If you have a copayment, you should know it. Try getting your meds without paying it at a pharmacy. People, it is your health, if you do not know your own insurance plan it your own fault don't blame the people doing thier job. Remember you don't have to open the door ever!
I've contacted Apria thru this dept. They in turn sent complaint to regional mgr. They were very vague & not cooperative, making me feel as if "I was a problem". They really don't like for anyone to question them.
Jill

United States

#17 Jan 28, 2010
sounds like your all going to the wrong medical company. Alley Healthcare is the BEST!!! We love to work with people.
Parkersburg wv
Been There watched All

Independence, MO

#18 Jun 1, 2010
You folks have no idea what goes on at Apria, so bad numerous branches tried to unionize year after year. If you think as a patient using Apria you get bad service, try being an employee. They are owned by a big Corporation, Blackstone. And this Corp demands the bottom line for profit. And Apria tries to bleed every penny out of the patients and employees to reach their goals.

The employees have tried to tell them what is wrong but they do not listen. They hire people who have no idea what they are getting into since they are not told the whole picture when hired. And then the new employees are trained by untrained people. Would you like to know the turn over percentage and then wonder why Apria struggles to even come close to customer service.

If all companies were run like Apria, then we could understand their business plan. But they are not. Look in the phone book and change companies. Apria will try to bend over backwards to keep you business but nothing will change.
claire j

Seattle, WA

#19 Aug 4, 2010
I recently got put on a 2 month trial with. The machine was used but seemed to work ok at first and that was fine cause I figure its a trial to see if I like it , then later after checking the paperwork [I know I should read more carefully] We find that the humidifier part of the machine they sold to me outright and was not part of the rental. So now if I want to go with a different machine than the Phillips model they rented me I am stuck with a used humidifier that they sold us for more than $90 and then sent us a bill. The spunky "educator/sales person" I was sent to see never told us we were buying the humidifier part of the machine.
So now getting toward the end of the trial period the automated functions of the machine do not work [ auto on/off ] and I'm not sure the auto adjustments are working properly. My rental cost will not be applied to the full price of the machine if I buy it also.
Add to this that Group Health/Alliant Plus, refused to pay because the referring DR was not in their network though they paid the normal amount for him and nobody said anything. He sent me to Apria cause they were listed as what the insurance wanted [not his preference] and then after its all done there like no you have to pay full annual deductible before we chip in.
Group Health and Apria , for the loose.
DEB

Wheaton, IL

#20 Sep 29, 2010
I have had my c pap for just over a year. It was new when I got it and my insurance paid there part and I paid mine. I have not had any problems with the machine or customer service. they call me to make sure if I need anything replaced. I call them if I need anything in the mean time. They have been polite and helpfull all the way. I did not like the price but new what I would be paying ahead of time as I checked with my insurance first. As much as I do believe that the prices are high I know I can not change that, but my service has been good since day one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apria Healthcare Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug test (Jul '09) Apr '16 Jessie 2
Beware of doing business with Apria! (Mar '10) Mar '16 Larry Yoder 31
apria hires incompetent persons (Nov '12) Oct '14 Sew buster 3
News Apria Healthcare Sued by EEOC for Disability Di... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Sew buster 1
News Apria Healthcare eliminating 90 Rockford-area jobs (Apr '09) Mar '14 Susan 22
Calling Healthcare Experts! (Jul '13) Jul '13 mbunch 1
Doctors' websites (Feb '13) May '13 reggie 2
More from around the web