To be truly free is to be responsible

To be truly free is to be responsible

There are 5 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 23, 2008, titled To be truly free is to be responsible. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Has the world already reached peak oil, a time of permanently high oil prices and shortages that will profoundly change our way of life? The answer, I think, is likely yes, but the proximity of this catastrophe ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Phil in Ontario

Mississauga, Canada

#1 Aug 25, 2008
Awesome piece. Kudos!

“GroovyRewards.co m”

Since: Dec 07

Orlando, FL

#2 Aug 26, 2008
This stuff is just nutz! Lucky for me, I don't pay for Gas. You don't have to either...check it out: http://groups.google.com/group/freexbox360stu...

Peace!
The Reverend LzzrdBoy
FREE GAMING GEAR - http://groups.google.com/group/freexbox360stu...
Owl Gore

Monroe, LA

#3 Aug 26, 2008
**Speaker Pelosi on Drilling and Alternative Energy **

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

(Pelosi Sunday on Meet the Press)

Pelosi Sunday on Meet the Press : "We have to look after the consumer, we have to increase the supply" ..."Just because they made a political point doesn’t mean we have to follow that"...“If you drill offshore today you wont see any change in the price at the pump for 10 years"... "Releasing oil from the petroleum reserve will bring down the price in 10 days" ... "So this is a fight we have to make , popular or not, so we have to ....to the consumer, but not fold because they are not misrepresenting what will happen with offshore drilling" .... "You can reduce the price at the pump immediately, you can have a transition with natural gas, that is cheap abundant and clean"

"We have to look after the consumer, we have to increase the supply"

Nancy...are you as stupid as your statements? If we need to increase supply, then why do you oppose drilling ANWR, OCS, and other federal lands? It could be because of your investments in alternative fuels, could it? Naw...they don't represent a significant portion of your organized-crime generated wealth.

"Just because they made a political point doesn’t mean we have to follow that"

No, but in this case the collective minds of about 200 million+ Americans think you have it wrong so maybe you might want to listen to us.

“If you drill offshore today you wont see any change in the price at the pump for 10 years"

That's not true and you know it. In fact, most of the delay in bringing new sources to market is due to the permit process which, by the way, you could streamline if you wanted to. The permitting process for refineries, pipelines, and power plants is 8+ years. How 'bout getting off that fat arss of yours and pass legislation that cuts it to 6 months and, once decided, there are no appeals. How about worrying less about that unnecessary denuding of the nation's forests you call a book and get back to work helping, rather than hindering, the American consumer.

"You can reduce the price at the pump immediately, you can have a transition with natural gas, that is cheap abundant and clean"

How does switching to natural gas "immediately" lower the pump price of gas? I just checked my car and I don't see a Gas-Natural Gas switch anywhere. Also, to make that switch you need additional supplies which means MORE DRILLING.

“If you drill offshore today you wont see any change in the price at the pump for 10 years"... "Releasing oil from the petroleum reserve will bring down the price in 10 days"

Spending the savings account instead of getting a job. Brilliant.
Madman

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Aug 27, 2008
Another brilliant rant from the Owl, demonstrating a boundless capacity to COMPLETELY MISS THE POINT of an insightful article.

It has been 51 years since Admiral Rickover (that Liberal swine) made a case for moving into the Post-Oil future -- a future that awaits us if we are ready for it or Not.

Thanks for continuing to argue Against being ready for the Post-Oil future. It may not happen in our lifetimes, but what about future generations? You know, like our grandchildren?

Wouldn't it Be Responsible to plan for THEIR needs? Or is that just mushy Liberal thinking?
John - St Paul

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Aug 27, 2008
The article was hardly inciteful and based on hearsay, not data. We have plenty of oil and natural gas to get us into the next century at least. However, we have plenty of time to develop intelligent energy technology that doesn't impact our food sources, water supplies or other energy resources. I would accept the assessments of the Dept of the Interior before some oil company hack who's job is to promote the alternative energy plans that will be government subsidized. Shell, BP and others just love the free lunch plan that reduces their need to drill, refine and deliver.
It's all a con at the expense of the taxpayers and too many people are too lazy to dig through the biased media garbage to find the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amerada Hess Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officer Who Shot Danroy Henry Gets Police Union... (Apr '11) Jul '14 Lee98 7
Where can I buy 2008 Hess toy trucks? (Dec '08) Feb '13 Jeff 10
News Fill 'er up? dream on (Nov '12) Nov '12 liner 100
News Hess Oil's Russian Mob Problem (Jun '12) Jun '12 5th Musketeer 2
News Gas well cement issues reported (Sep '11) Sep '11 Dwight Baker 1
News Hess store theft lands city man in state prison (Apr '11) Apr '11 featherwood 5
News Hess Backs Up the Truck (Aug '10) Aug '10 Billy Sutherland 1
More from around the web