Right-Wing Media Rush To Quran-Burnin...

Right-Wing Media Rush To Quran-Burning Pastor's Defense

There are 1 comment on the Media Matters for America story from Apr 4, 2011, titled Right-Wing Media Rush To Quran-Burning Pastor's Defense. In it, Media Matters for America reports that:

After controversial Pastor Terry Jones led a burning of the Quran that sparked riots in Afghanistan and led to dozens of deaths, the right-wing media has come to the defense of Jones, absolving him of any responsibility for the riots.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Media Matters for America.

Since: Mar 08

Daly City, CA

#1 Apr 5, 2011
The government should send this Pr1ck a bill for all the trouble he caused. What an idiot.

Free speech comes with a price. Inflammatory speech can result in someone getting punched in the nose. Citizens of a society which grants the right of free speech had better practice rational discourse. Irrational actions of Zealots only serve to create problems for said Zealots.

Also, the media can practice a bit more rational restraint themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Agence FrancePresse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 26 'Gay' Men Arrested at Cairo Bathhouse Caged ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 RICK OCONNOR 3
News Turkish President: The West Wants Muslims Dead (Nov '14) Nov '14 Shinichiro Takizawa 27
News Ecuador: Tungurahua volcano spews hot ash (Apr '14) Apr '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
News Pinewood woman ready to ride (Aug '13) Aug '13 Jedi Daal 2
News Hezbollah backs up Assad troops target rebels i... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Syrian 9
News AFP photo Twitter account hacked (Mar '13) Mar '13 haytham 2
News Nephew fingers Israel for Arafat poisoning (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ayreshire 2
More from around the web