Court ruling boon to Portman campaign | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch
Before a U.S. Supreme Court ruling in January, the most Cincinnati billionaire Carl Lindner could directly contribute to Senate candidate Rob Portman was $4,800. But because of a decision opening campaigns to corporate contributions, Lindner's American Financial Group was able to give 83 times that amount, $400,000, to a group backing the ... Full Story
Richard

Tiffin, OH

#1 Sep 22, 2010
Hmmmm.. still can't find the Dispatch story that tells all about the same kind of contributions that the Democratic Liberals have received from the same type of people, groups, unions etc.. The Libs at the Dispatch only want you to think the Republicans are the only ones receiving this money, probably on orders of the Ohio Dems.......Fair and Balanced??? HARDLY......
Oldster

London, OH

#2 Sep 22, 2010
If the Dispatch wants to publish articles about campaign giving then publish the info about the Democrats fund raising. For example publish the giving by the teachers unions, other liberal fat cats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Financial Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
$1.6 million to help Kasich move in (Jan '11) Jan '11 Theres a fly in m... 49
Rove devises strategy to put Republicans back i... (Sep '10) Sep '10 PARTISAN AHOLES SUCK 5
Jonathan Riskind commentary: Campaign disclosur... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Rockne 1
Court ruling boon to Portman campaign (Sep '10) Sep '10 kevin french 20
Court ruling on corporate money boon to Ohio ca... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Mike 2
Smokers Facing New Pressure (Feb '06) Jan '09 John 766
McCain on way to raise funds (Jun '08) Jun '08 Quick Question 5

American Financial Group People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE