Insurer stocks tumble after Medicare ...

Insurer stocks tumble after Medicare announcement

There are 4 comments on the KAAL story from Feb 23, 2009, titled Insurer stocks tumble after Medicare announcement. In it, KAAL reports that:

INDIANAPOLIS - Several managed care stocks sank sharply Monday, one trading day after the government surprised analysts with a lower-than-expected increase in Medicare Advantage reimbursements for 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAAL.

Since: Apr 07

Reston, VA

#1 Feb 25, 2009
good going Obama

first tank the banks now the insurance companies.

what a leader!
dandyfop

Florence, KY

#2 Mar 16, 2009
Would you prefer that Medicare Advantage enrolles continue to overpay for services that are very little more than what is offered in plain old Medicare?

Dolt.

Since: Apr 07

Reston, VA

#3 Mar 20, 2009
dandyfop wrote:
Would you prefer that Medicare Advantage enrolles continue to overpay for services that are very little more than what is offered in plain old Medicare?
Dolt.
you're not happy with medicare and you want the same people to take over everyone else's healthcare?

dolt. indeed.
dandyfop

Florence, KY

#4 Mar 24, 2009
No, idiot.
Medicare Advantage plans offer little more than regular Medicare when it comes to benefits, but those enrolled to MA plans pay more than regular Medicare. No commentary pro or con on Medicare from me- it is about what enrolles pay. Which is why Humana's stock took that dive- MA providers are overpaid and have been for years and the government is about to take that back.

Reading comprehension is not a strong suit I take it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aetna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Department of Defense awards Humana Military ne... (May '09) Oct '14 Leachmark707 9
News Court rules against Notre Dame over birth control (Feb '14) Feb '14 Wondow discount 1
Substance abuse (Feb '14) Feb '14 Confused 2
News Aetna Helps Members Fight Prescription Drug Abuse (Jan '14) Jan '14 humanSpirit 1
News Many insured SC residents must buy new health plan (Oct '13) Oct '13 fitnesstips 1
Company denial for daughter (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jon 1
News Insurers warn of overhaul-induced sticker shock (Mar '13) Aug '13 sheepleloveroyalty 11
More from around the web