AEP wants to raise distribution portion of consumers' bills | The Columbus Dispatch

American Electric Power has allowed a series of small expenses to add up over the years, and now it is asking Ohio customers to cover a $371 million bill. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tyler

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 28, 2011
How about if they stop flooding the airwaves with Gridsmart commercials and shoving CFL's down our throat.
BITSA

Columbus, OH

#2 Feb 28, 2011
How about NO! AEP gets plenty of write offs as it is. It's time to start paying for costs associated with running a business instead of asking the users to pay. Give back some of your personal profits and invest in your company. Set and example and run your business correctly.
timmy

Campbell, OH

#3 Feb 28, 2011
Always something with these companies . When do they start supporting their Business's and Service ? There just was a $15.00 increase in 2010. It was broke down in three different groups totaling $15.00 !
CONFUSED

Columbus, OH

#4 Feb 28, 2011
.....expenses going back to 2000. You have had 10 years to collect this money. You didn't do it then because it would have been pennies compared to now. Shame on you. Let's do anyway with PUCO.
The Cincy Kid

Hamilton, OH

#5 Feb 28, 2011
Raise rates? What's the matter with these private sector companies? Can't they control their costs?
Mel

Lancaster, OH

#6 Feb 28, 2011
Free Market! Heck Yeah!
Hooked on Fonics

Reynoldsburg, OH

#7 Feb 28, 2011
The charges would cover AEP's expenses going back to 2000 for a variety of items, including consumer-education initiatives, adapting its system to a deregulated market, paperwork costs and interest charges.

Let's address them one at a time:

Consumer Education - What? Me no remember that. Really, what did you educate us about?

De-Regulated Market - What does that even mean?

Paperwork Costs - Use E-Forms like every other normal business

Interest - To whom? The bank? I pay my bill every month on time. Did you guys take out some kind of a loan?
Idiot

Columbus, OH

#8 Feb 28, 2011
Do away with unions. Do away with PUCO. I trust BIG BIZ , and I trust Kasich. Why? Because I am an IDIOT!
have dividends

Columbus, OH

#10 Feb 28, 2011
,tax write-offs and state incentives been defferred for 10 years also?
war10ck77

Grove City, OH

#11 Feb 28, 2011
AEP are utility nazi's,here they come again after our money passing the cost on to consumers.AEP jacks up your electric bill and when some families can not afford it the shut your power and leave you in the dark for your food to spoil.They should be ashamed of there selves for this type of behavior.My question is why are we putting up with this energy dictators doing this crap to us,and i hear a lot of people criticize the lower class families that can not afford 300-500 dollar electric bills.Just remember if we allow the AEP do this to those families the AEP can and will do it to yours.

Since: Feb 11

Watseka, IL

#12 Feb 28, 2011
AEP says the news is..electrifying!

My property taxes went up...food went up..can I recoop my losses?

I guess I'll raise some chickens & AEP can heat their coops.
Pillaging

Columbus, OH

#13 Feb 28, 2011
Please. These are the REAL "pigs at the trough," not the workers who are held hostage to the private sector's monopolistic greed.
steve

Reynoldsburg, OH

#14 Feb 28, 2011
Aep sucks! They make more than enough money so they can eat shyyt as far as getting more losers!
Fix School Funding Now

Columbus, OH

#15 Feb 28, 2011
Since moving to Ohio over 4 years ago, I have come to realize that our state says yes to every tax and fee possible. No one every questions whether it is warranted or not. I am heading out to the tattoo parlor next week to have ATM put on my forehead. Wait until they get overdrawn!
Old Vet

Dublin, OH

#16 Feb 28, 2011
Actually the raises in fees are to recoup the massive donations to Coleman and Strickland's campaign coffers. If I remember correctly the only one to give more money to those two was Wexner.
And this is not private enterprise. They are a regulated public utility. That is why they have to ask to raise the fees. Of course they have the skids well greased, or at least thought they did until Strickland lost.
hmmmmm

Pataskala, OH

#17 Feb 28, 2011
Let's see, last year AEP profits (PROFITS: after all expenses are paid, even the gargantuan salaries of upper management), were over $1 BILLION. And now they've found some expenses from years ago that they want to pass on to customers.(No surprise there!) If PUKE-O is true to form, they'll rubber stamp it, and say YES, YES, YES, just like Meg Ryan - because PUCO folk do NOT care about consumers. The greed of AEP is sickening.
For Common Sense

Chillicothe, OH

#18 Feb 28, 2011
How much more do you bloodsuckers want? My budget is already $296.00 a month for a two bedroom ranch house It won't belong before my electric bill is more than my mortgage.
kay

Newark, OH

#19 Feb 28, 2011
I thought their profits were too high and they were to refund custmers. They were asking for an increase for up dates that should have been done during the last increase.
delaware county

Lewis Center, OH

#20 Feb 28, 2011
How about they trim the damn trees so my electric doesn't go out every time the wind blows...?
Dispatch reader

Hilliard, OH

#21 Feb 28, 2011
I'm surprised that they don't want to go back and recoup the cost of supplies that Thomas Edison used to invent the light bulb back in 1879.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Electric Power Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utility bills more costly in wake of polar vortex (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jerry K 27
Logan teen charged in AEP transformer vandalism (Nov '09) Feb '14 Love AEP 41
AEP outage information now available online (Dec '13) Dec '13 RUTH LOWE 1
Petrochemical challenges lead to opportunities ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dan Toms 1
Europe, Africa and America are key to oil and g... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dan Toms 1
AEP Top-up card info. (Aug '13) Aug '13 amy ai 1
How can refineries ensure survival? (Jul '13) Jul '13 Dan Toms 1

American Electric Power People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE