National Merit Scholars named | The C...

National Merit Scholars named | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 9 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 20, 2011, titled National Merit Scholars named | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Seventeen central Ohio students have won corporate-sponsored National Merit Scholarships for college.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Why not

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 20, 2011
Hmmm no one at Dublin Scioto.
Spouse of a teacher

Columbus, OH

#2 Apr 20, 2011
Why not wrote:
Hmmm no one at Dublin Scioto.
Or at Hilliard Darby, Hilliard Bradley, Gahanna, Olentangy, Westland, Grove City, Central Crossing, Franklin Heights, any Columbus Public or Pickerington school, and so on.
What's your point?
Publius

Columbus, OH

#3 Apr 20, 2011
Spouse of a teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Or at Hilliard Darby, Hilliard Bradley, Gahanna, Olentangy, Westland, Grove City, Central Crossing, Franklin Heights, any Columbus Public or Pickerington school, and so on.
Or St. Charles....or Bishop Watterson....or Columbus Academy....of Westerville North....or Westerville Central....or Thomas Worthington....or....or.....or
Jeannie

Pickerington, OH

#4 Apr 20, 2011
Congrats to all...the SAT's are so much more difficult than ever to score perfection! Those students are to be commended for their focus and determination. They knew what they needed to do to achieve National Merit. The bar was set for them many yrs. ago and their parents had a lot to do with it.
Thats not to say that all of the schools listed above have just as many successful students with very high scores also.
Letsnotforgetsou th

Millbury, OH

#5 Apr 20, 2011
Lets not forget South High....
Publius wrote:
<quoted text>
Or St. Charles....or Bishop Watterson....or Columbus Academy....of Westerville North....or Westerville Central....or Thomas Worthington....or....or.....or
Letsnotforgetsou th

Millbury, OH

#6 Apr 20, 2011
lets not forget South High...
God Save the Queen

Columbus, OH

#7 Apr 20, 2011
Publius wrote:
<quoted text>
Or St. Charles....or Bishop Watterson....or Columbus Academy....of Westerville North....or Westerville Central....or Thomas Worthington....or....or.....or
Hold your fire there, chief. This list is far from being complete. If you were paying attention to last year's publication pattern, the Dispatch for some strange reason publishes partial NMSQT lists over a period of 3-5 weeks. Your list of faves will be covered in due time, "Publius."
Spouse of a teacher

Columbus, OH

#8 Apr 21, 2011
God Save the Queen wrote:
<quoted text> Hold your fire there, chief. This list is far from being complete. If you were paying attention to last year's publication pattern, the Dispatch for some strange reason publishes partial NMSQT lists over a period of 3-5 weeks. Your list of faves will be covered in due time, "Publius."
I guess I wasn't explicit enough in my response to the very first poster on this thread. The OP questioned why there was nobody named from Dublin Scioto. I listed a number of other schools who didn't have anyone listed, and others followed my lead. Why did the OP signal out Scioto? I don't know - maybe they have a student there and are upset, or maybe they have kids at one of the other Dublin schools and are ragging on Scioto.

The bottom line is that the kids named in the article should be commended without someone talking down about others not (yet) on this list.
God Save the Queen

Columbus, OH

#9 Apr 21, 2011
Spouse of a teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I wasn't explicit enough in my response to the very first poster on this thread. The OP questioned why there was nobody named from Dublin Scioto. I listed a number of other schools who didn't have anyone listed, and others followed my lead. Why did the OP signal out Scioto? I don't know - maybe they have a student there and are upset, or maybe they have kids at one of the other Dublin schools and are ragging on Scioto.
The bottom line is that the kids named in the article should be commended without someone talking down about others not (yet) on this list.
tune in next week and another list will be published. That's at least one correct answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Electric Power Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pioneer Investments Adds to Stakes in Hartford ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Connie lake luzer... 1
www.solarsteampower.com the most annoying dumb ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 This will make yo... 1
News Clean power plan could result in less coal use;... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Solar miner 09er 1
News Utilities feel burned by solar-energy users (Nov '14) Nov '14 Solarman 36
News Utility bills more costly in wake of polar vortex (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jerry K 27
News Logan teen charged in AEP transformer vandalism (Nov '09) Feb '14 Love AEP 41
News AEP outage information now available online (Dec '13) Dec '13 RUTH LOWE 1
More from around the web