Court faults PUCO on AEP's rates

Court faults PUCO on AEP's rates

There are 29 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from Apr 20, 2011, titled Court faults PUCO on AEP's rates. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

The law: In 2008, Gov. Ted Strickland signed Senate Bill 221, a law designed to respond to perceived shortcomings in Ohio's deregulated electricity market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nobody

Cleveland, OH

#22 Apr 20, 2011
FreeloaderFred wrote:
<quoted text>
Dayton pulled the same stunt on me back in 2003. They read the meter two weeks early when I bought my house in Troy. They said they couldn't find anything on the voice log when I complained, even though they had the date and time of the call. You'd think they would have to agree that the date of the closing on the house would have meant something. They could still have gone back to the previous owner with the reading I had. PUCO rolled over for Dayton Power when I complained. PUCO won't get my support, nor will Dayton Power.
Now it's only going to get worse. On DaytonDailyNews.com they're reporting that AES Corp is purchasing DPL & it's subsidiaries.....one more monopoly.
Buckeye Bob

Lancaster, OH

#23 Apr 20, 2011
ramseyjames wrote:
The PUCO is a bunch of political appointees that are absolutely WORTHLES! They are not, and never will be, an advocate for the consumer. The PUCO we currently have should be paid by the utilities, because that is who they have been working for! Now this nut we have pretending to be a governor wants to cut the budget of the Office of the Ohio Consumers' Counsel by 51 percent, anyone out there wonder why! The consumer may have won, but AEP gets to KEEP the $63 million rip-off, and others, they got away with, so this republican court, which almost never rules against the puco, new it wouldn't cost aep any money! WHAT A JOKE!

Funny allmost all were appointed by Strictland and one was form consumers counsel. Go figure. Rate went up after he did away with the deregulation for Ohio because he said it wasn't working. Now look what happened utilites are back to making a profit.
Sharon Columbus

Columbus, OH

#24 Apr 20, 2011
Still shows "the big boys" playing around with the public's money! AEP should pay back but naturally we all know if do not agree this will not happen in any of our life times.

Now check out how much the AEP executives earn???

Want to really have your head spinning!

Time for the cave and built a fire which is totally crazy but what the AEP is doing to us is not much beyond this thinking either.
Spuds

Westerville, OH

#25 Apr 20, 2011
I don't think the people in the State of Ohio ever felt like they were being represented by PUCO. This story just confirms that the members of PUCO are incompetent and are pawns to the Utility companies they claim to regulate.
hedgefund

Philo, OH

#26 Apr 20, 2011
and yet, when my electric co undercharged me for the previous 12 mos... ...I had an extra $200 tacked onto my bill that was due immediately or else my electric would be shut off.
hedgefund

Philo, OH

#27 Apr 20, 2011
Spuds wrote:
I don't think the people in the State of Ohio ever felt like they were being represented by PUCO. This story just confirms that the members of PUCO are incompetent and are pawns to the Utility companies they claim to regulate.
typical private sector mantra- "let us regulate ourselves!"

I wonder what conservatives think about this fine example of "judicial activism?"
From the Powell Bubble

Portsmouth, OH

#29 Apr 20, 2011
mckeestown wrote:
I had a bill for $286.00 for one month. At that time my adverage usage was around $28. Just that one month was it out of line. I contacted DP&L and was told "You used it, you pay for it or we will shut you off,"
I contacted the PUCO. They forwarded my complaint letter to the same guy at DP&L. He sent me a letter saying the same thing "You used it, you pay for it."
I sent the PUCO a copy of the letter, they forwarded it to the same guy.
I didn't use it but I paid for it!
Article was about AEP not DP&L and $286.00 is not that much if you had your air conditioning on or if it was an estimate month.
From the Powell Bubble

Portsmouth, OH

#30 Apr 20, 2011
Seriously, many on this blog have NO IDEA what is going on in energy in this country. AEP and the PUCO are pretty cutting edge. And, AEP is much much cheaper than you will find in many states. The OCC is what is in the way in Ohio. Gov K is spot on to cut their funding.

THe whole reason why there are no choices for electricity in Ohio is AEP is already very cost effective.
Columbus

Columbus, OH

#31 Apr 20, 2011
Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Ohio Supreme Court is the court that ruled Ohio's school funding was unconstitutional but did nothing to solve the problem. We're still dealing with the problem. Please move on. There's nothing to see here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Electric Power Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coal rebounds, but winds of change blow Aug '17 Solarman 1
News Pioneer Investments Adds to Stakes in Hartford ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Connie lake luzer... 1
www.solarsteampower.com the most annoying dumb ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 This will make yo... 1
News Clean power plan could result in less coal use;... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Solar miner 09er 1
News Utilities feel burned by solar-energy users (Nov '14) Nov '14 Solarman 36
News Utility bills more costly in wake of polar vortex (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jerry K 27
News Logan teen charged in AEP transformer vandalism (Nov '09) Feb '14 Love AEP 41
More from around the web