AEP to tackle Wilson Hill neighborhood's power failures | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Crandall Drive, in the Wilson Hill area of Worthington, has been hit hard by power failures that don't always coincide with bad weather.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
pinto

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Judged:

Boloney. The power company knows where the outages occur. AEP keeps statistics on these problems. AEP has probably sent crews to turn the power back on, after normal business hours. The problem needs to be rectified, why continually make the repars while the crews are paid at overtime ??
Whatever

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

pinto wrote:
Boloney. The power company knows where the outages occur. AEP keeps statistics on these problems. AEP has probably sent crews to turn the power back on, after normal business hours. The problem needs to be rectified, why continually make the repars while the crews are paid at overtime ??
Off course, their crews will be paid overtime and their pay along with the cost of the updates and repairs to their own equipment will be passed off to the consumer. I hate AEP remines me of Enron.
Clintonville Jim

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Judged:

pinto wrote:
Bologna
Another Concerned Citizen

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

They rely on the consumers to inform them of outages, but they ignore the consumers who request the problems be fixed. Wonder why they only started investigating after the Dispatch and its crack team of investigative journalists got on the case?
YBATEACHER

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

About time they get off their subsidized azzes and do something. We pay too much for subpar services like these
oldman62

Johnstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

After 25 yrs in the utility business I can say with confidence that the utilities care not whether you have service or not. The attitude of many employees is "Don't like it? Get your electric (gas etc) from somebody else.....hahaha" We'll fix it when we fix it.
YBATEACHER

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

oldman62 is right. these are state given monopolies. we need the free market here johnboy!
x y and z

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Just wait until the power company starts cutting the trees that hang over the power lines and see the people get up on their hind legs and scream bloody murder.

They cut the trees in my neighborhood a couple years ago and we cot really really hot, but we havent had a power outage since.

Since: Jul 10

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Judged:

Electricity is a sacred constitutional human right. It should be provided free of charge by Obama along with health care, housing, and bad tasting healthy food and beverages.
Wilson Hill Resident

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

They already cut all the trees. They spent days out here hacking all the trees to bits. See the pine tree in the picture? That's my pine tree. It was a huge, full, beautiful tree before they went after it. I'd gladly lose all the trees to have consistent power. It's not the trees that are the issue in Wilson Hill. I wish I had another option for electricity other than AEP.
livewire

New Concord, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Judged:

You cannot spell cheap without AEP!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent American Electric Power Discussions

Search the American Electric Power Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Utility bills more costly in wake of polar vortex Feb '14 Jerry K 27
Logan teen charged in AEP transformer vandalism (Nov '09) Feb '14 Love AEP 41
AEP outage information now available online (Dec '13) Dec '13 RUTH LOWE 1
Petrochemical challenges lead to opportunities ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dan Toms 1
Europe, Africa and America are key to oil and g... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dan Toms 1
AEP Top-up card info. (Aug '13) Aug '13 amy ai 1
How can refineries ensure survival? (Jul '13) Jul '13 Dan Toms 1
•••
•••