Supreme Court: AEP can't sell pair of...

Supreme Court: AEP can't sell pair of power plants in Ohio | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 10 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 9, 2011, titled Supreme Court: AEP can't sell pair of power plants in Ohio | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

American Electric Power does not have permission to sell two power plants or collect $51 million from customers for costs related to the two plants, the Ohio Supreme Court said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

John

Columbus, OH

#1 Mar 9, 2011
You've gotta love government regulation. AEP can't sell property that it owns (or collect maintenance/operation costs from the ratepayers), but Kasich can sell Ohio's prisons.
Hooked on Fonics

Columbus, OH

#2 Mar 9, 2011
hahaaha efff u AEP
Jib

Columbus, OH

#3 Mar 9, 2011
A republican supreme court telling a private entity that it doesn't have permission to do something?!? Where's the tea party!!!!!!!
Real Patriot

Columbus, OH

#4 Mar 9, 2011
Jib wrote:
A republican supreme court telling a private entity that it doesn't have permission to do something?!? Where's the tea party!!!!!!!
At home, if the supreme court was made up of democrats they would be on it like fleas on a dog.
Linda

Galloway, OH

#5 Mar 9, 2011
Going to sell to the Chinese?
Just Listening

United States

#6 Mar 9, 2011
Union wages have destroyed AEP's ability to remain competitive. The average wage is $34 (plus benefits) an hour to monitor dials and flip switches. I would gladly work there for half the money.
Sterling Silver

Columbus, OH

#7 Mar 9, 2011
Just Listening wrote:
Union wages have destroyed AEP's ability to remain competitive. The average wage is $34 (plus benefits) an hour to monitor dials and flip switches. I would gladly work there for half the money.
You're nuttier than a fruitcake...
Just Listening

United States

#8 Mar 9, 2011
I can weld, be a tender, you know pump out coal ash, help tear down a turbine, operate a boiler. Shucks, I can even read an electronic electric meter from my car. Double shucks, I can even help do payroll.
sheetz098

Columbus, OH

#9 Mar 10, 2011
Good, Aep does not care about anyone except themselves. Awhile back a company wanted to move into the former Holophane plant in Utica, provide decent wages and benefits, enhance the ajacent railline by building several spurs,{which would have been a boon for the railroad} and aep would not give them the power they needed to operate. They kept asking for more money.{Millions More}. So the company went elsewhere. Aep needs to be cleaned out. Too many high paid ceo's, ect. So there aep take some gruf from the public. You got what you deserved, NOTHING!!!
Fed up with AEP

United States

#10 Mar 10, 2011
I would agree with sheetz098, some of their employees are way overpaid. I know first hand if you are a plant manager you make about $165,000 a year,not to mention he used to have a company car that this particular person used to drive for personal vacation time and to visit his daughter in another state. I think the money could be spent by hiring a couple of other people instead of pay for his fat **** to set behind a computer and "manage" a plant. Oh, then AEP allows him to employ his own wife for the same plant and she gets wages of about $50,000. On top of all of that when you see the commercials telling you to conserve energy guess what, all your doing is helping those same people get very large bonus checks in March or April, the better and more energy they save the more money the employees get bonused. Guess who all is paying for this, yep all those of you that have AEP. I no longer have AEP so I don't have to support either of those lazy idiots. These are just a couple of people that I know that work there so imagine what they are paying there other "executives".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Electric Power Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News AEP Ohio Requests Proposals For Solar Energy Re... Oct '17 Solarman 1
News Coal rebounds, but winds of change blow Aug '17 Solarman 1
News Pioneer Investments Adds to Stakes in Hartford ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Connie lake luzer... 1
www.solarsteampower.com the most annoying dumb ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 This will make yo... 1
News Clean power plan could result in less coal use;... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Solar miner 09er 1
News Utilities feel burned by solar-energy users (Nov '14) Nov '14 Solarman 36
News Utility bills more costly in wake of polar vortex (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jerry K 27
More from around the web