Power out for 30,000 in Franklin County | The Columbus Dispatch

An outage in an electrical substation has left more than 30,000 American Electric Power customers in Franklin County without power this afternoon. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Andy

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 7, 2011
AEP is worthless.
Hunterwriter

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 7, 2011
AEP is robbing us blind!!!! heehee
The Public

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 7, 2011
Jim Tressel.....leave us alone!
mike

Toledo, OH

#4 Jun 7, 2011
Andy wrote:
AEP is worthless.
I know, I can't believe they can't control mother nature by now.
Citizen

Lewis Center, OH

#5 Jun 7, 2011
That storm looked like it might be a doozy but then passed right on through Eastern Franklin and Licking County and that was it.
Jim Tressel

Columbus, OH

#6 Jun 7, 2011
Feel my wrath!
Commenter

Columbus, OH

#7 Jun 7, 2011
Telling us the effected zip codes or neighborhoods would be nice.
Jim Tressel

Columbus, OH

#8 Jun 7, 2011
...OH

and beat Michigan!
rls

Columbus, OH

#9 Jun 7, 2011
The electric was off befor the storms. Why did they bring it up as it wasn't tthe cause of the outage?
I Know

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 7, 2011
Commenter wrote:
Telling us the effected zip codes or neighborhoods would be nice.
Is your power on? If so, its not you.
gabby24

Canal Winchester, OH

#11 Jun 7, 2011
Andy wrote:
AEP is worthless
As far as i am concerned the AEP should give customers a discount on thier electric bills.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#12 Jun 7, 2011
A minor glitch.

You could live up here in wonderful Ohio Edison country where they shorted out the whole eastern U.S. a few years back.

You AEP folks didn't see a blink.

That being said, I was down on my KNEES begging Ohio Edison to restore power after the 2005 ice storm. The workers were wonderful guys. Guys from Maryland restored our service as an army of help came in, thank God!
Dan

Columbus, OH

#13 Jun 7, 2011
I hate that Kendal at Granville ad. It moves everything down when it opens and once you adjust the screen for that, it moves everything back up when it closes.
Dan

Columbus, OH

#14 Jun 7, 2011
I Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your power on? If so, its not you.
If it is me, I wouldn't be on the computer.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 8, 2011
Dan wrote:
I hate that Kendal at Granville ad. It moves everything down when it opens and once you adjust the screen for that, it moves everything back up when it closes.
They are going crazy with these ads, slowing down the loading of pages and being quite intrusive.

I don't have a really high speed Internet connection so I am forced to turn off the pictures on the browser to try to speed things up.

Heavy graphic advertising is REALLY slowing things down!

Location hidden

#16 Jun 8, 2011
But, on the other hand, they have to pay for this service somehow.

I'd almost agree to pay if we could can the ads, or at least the ones with heavy graphics.
olaf

Columbus, OH

#17 Jun 8, 2011
gabby24 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as i am concerned the AEP should give customers a discount on thier electric bills.
Compared to other parts of Ohio, the AEP rates are very reasonable.
Lisa

Columbus, OH

#18 Jun 8, 2011
The is misleading journalism. The storms were well AFTER the power outage. Is the Dispatch trying to mislead its readers to protect AEP? AEP is irresponsible and should invest in burying the power lines. How about a story about that?

Location hidden

#19 Jun 8, 2011
olaf wrote:
<quoted text>
Compared to other parts of Ohio, the AEP rates are very reasonable.
You got it pal! Although the gap is closing, AEP was, at one time, almost 1/3rd cheaper than First Energy Northern Ohio rates. You guys have saved untold MILLIONS over the years! Much of this due to First Energy's heavy investment in nuclear while AEP was driven mostly by King Coal.

Now, the First Energy moneygrubbers are trying to take back an electric heat discount they offered to homeowners and developers for DECADES! This was promised to be in effect forever, and now they're trying welsh on the deal.
olaf

Columbus, OH

#20 Jun 9, 2011
Lisa wrote:
The is misleading journalism. The storms were well AFTER the power outage. Is the Dispatch trying to mislead its readers to protect AEP? AEP is irresponsible and should invest in burying the power lines. How about a story about that?
The use of the word 'journalism' is an oxymoron in this instance. It is simply misleading writing.

There are too many instances in TV and written media writing, where sensationalism pushes aside objective and truthful reporting of the facts of a story or incident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Electric Power Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utilities feel burned by solar-energy users Nov '14 Solarman 36
Utility bills more costly in wake of polar vortex (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jerry K 27
Logan teen charged in AEP transformer vandalism (Nov '09) Feb '14 Love AEP 41
AEP outage information now available online (Dec '13) Dec '13 RUTH LOWE 1
Petrochemical challenges lead to opportunities ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dan Toms 1
Europe, Africa and America are key to oil and g... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dan Toms 1
AEP Top-up card info. (Aug '13) Aug '13 amy ai 1
More from around the web