Logan teen charged in AEP transformer vandalism

Nov 18, 2009 Full story: Charleston Gazette 41

A Logan County teenager faces charges in connection with the vandalism of a transformer that left nearly 5,000 customers without electricity for almost 24 hours.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Watching Eyes

United States

#1 Nov 19, 2009
They say someone named Steven Spry did this does anyone know him?
logan

Williamson, WV

#2 Nov 19, 2009
Watching Eyes wrote:
They say someone named Steven Spry did this does anyone know him?
yea he is in there with his daddy, there from mudfork
BumbleBee

Ashburn, VA

#3 Nov 19, 2009
The Decepticons r responsible for the power outage and they were Sprys,The Autobots lead by our fearless leader Optimusprime will end the rain of trror that the Megatron has sent his team of Desepticons to earth for
SSS

United States

#5 Nov 20, 2009
LMAO @ BumbleBee
i7extreme

United States

#6 Nov 20, 2009
Any of you guys remember Mike Spry who died in 97 from a drug overdose?I used to be good friends with him till like the last 2 years of his life.He was funny as hell i still laugh at some of the shit he used to do. RIP
lmao

Belfry, KY

#7 Nov 20, 2009
you ALL are frickin' idiot; steven spry did NOT do this! he was arrested for false information but the police have no proof of that & now he is getting a lawsuit against the cops. he will win his case because shane nelson & zack are the ones who need to be on here for this!
friend

Atlanta, GA

#8 Nov 20, 2009
Imao you are a frickin jerk Zach was not in dingess that night he was at the hospital with his papaw so you stupit jerk leave his name out of it
yes

Belfry, KY

#9 Nov 20, 2009
yes he was in dingess, so "friend" get your sources straight & just quit trying to take up for him when he is in the wrong.
yea right

United States

#10 Nov 20, 2009
he freakin did it u tart heads lol
read it all

Parkersburg, WV

#11 Nov 21, 2009
The Mingo County Sheriff’s Department arrested two men on Friday for charges in connection to the shooting of an Appalachian Electric Power (AEP) transformer at Tug Valley High School.

Shane Nelson, of Dingess, and Brandon Urban, of Lenore, were arrested after they allegedly conspired to shoot the transformer with a Winchester 12-gauge shotgun on Oct. 4, 2009.

The criminal complaint stated that the men shot the transformer approximately 10 times, causing around $3,800 in damage.

Nelson and Urban were charged with conspiracy and destruction of property. The men were arraigned in front of Magistrate Pam Newsome, where bond was set at $2,000

Since: Mar 09

Prestonsburg, KY

#12 Nov 29, 2009
BumbleBee wrote:
The Decepticons r responsible for the power outage and they were Sprys,The Autobots lead by our fearless leader Optimusprime will end the rain of trror that the Megatron has sent his team of Desepticons to earth for
lmfao.
i laughed so hard... XD
two

Inez, KY

#13 Nov 29, 2009
read it all wrote:
The Mingo County Sheriff’s Department arrested two men on Friday for charges in connection to the shooting of an Appalachian Electric Power (AEP) transformer at Tug Valley High School.
Shane Nelson, of Dingess, and Brandon Urban, of Lenore, were arrested after they allegedly conspired to shoot the transformer with a Winchester 12-gauge shotgun on Oct. 4, 2009.
The criminal complaint stated that the men shot the transformer approximately 10 times, causing around $3,800 in damage.
Nelson and Urban were charged with conspiracy and destruction of property. The men were arraigned in front of Magistrate Pam Newsome, where bond was set at $2,000
thats the one that happened at tug valley. the one that happened at dingess is a whole different story, which we all know shane had part in that one to.
amanda

Mount Lookout, WV

#14 Dec 29, 2010
well 1st of all i went to school with steven spry.. he is a jerk. he was a bully and i wouldn't put this past him. i think he should be put in jail for being an idiot
hmmm

Belfry, KY

#17 Dec 30, 2010
silly
lil bit o nutin

Williamson, WV

#18 Dec 31, 2010
shane nelson is a lying piece of shit there are a few of us guys waiting to give him what he deserves.that means taking justice in our own hands Come and see us shane.
Hold up

United States

#19 Jan 29, 2011
Zacks Paw paw was out west hunting . zack took his truck to charleston to hide it because the people living close to the sub station saw it. and how do I know this you wonder? Becuase his maw maw was said his paw paw was hunting out west while she was in the waiting room of the state police post in williamson after the incident.
AEP FAMILY

Charleston, WV

#20 Jan 30, 2011
This is one of the reasons AEP needs rate increases.
dont matter

Kermit, WV

#21 Jan 30, 2011
friend wrote:
Imao you are a frickin jerk Zach was not in dingess that night he was at the hospital with his papaw so you stupid jerk leave his name out of it
sure just like his uncle wasnt home eather but they found him under the porch
whatever

Inez, KY

#22 Jan 31, 2011
AEP FAMILY wrote:
This is one of the reasons AEP needs rate increases.
why is that? keep raising, the prices on people that pay their bills on time, in full every month. that makes alot of sense. aep is becoming as hated as massey was!! lol
george

Williamson, WV

#23 Jan 31, 2011
AEP FAMILY wrote:
This is one of the reasons AEP needs rate increases.
TAKE YOUR DAM RATE INCREASES AND STICK THEM IN YOUR ASS. YOU ARE JUST RIPPING POOR PEOPLE OFF. WHOS GOING PAY IT WHEN IT GETS SO HIGH WE CAN. YOUR GET RICH OFF POOR PEOPLE. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT YOU AND WE HAVE SEVERAL PETITIONS OUT ON AEP SIR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Electric Power Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utilities feel burned by solar-energy users Nov '14 Solarman 36
Utility bills more costly in wake of polar vortex (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jerry K 27
AEP outage information now available online (Dec '13) Dec '13 RUTH LOWE 1
Petrochemical challenges lead to opportunities ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dan Toms 1
Europe, Africa and America are key to oil and g... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dan Toms 1
AEP Top-up card info. (Aug '13) Aug '13 amy ai 1
How can refineries ensure survival? (Jul '13) Jul '13 Dan Toms 1
More from around the web