Breast-feeding in public still frowne...

Breast-feeding in public still frowned upon, despite Ohio law | The...

There are 285 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 28, 2010, titled Breast-feeding in public still frowned upon, despite Ohio law | The.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Unlike the models for most fashion retailers, Bonnie Morris says, she wasn't showing any skin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Lady M

Spring, TX

#1 Jul 28, 2010
Come into the millenium people! I breastfed all of my babies and I always felt uncomfortable in public. People stared and one lady shook her head when she saw me once. I was always fully covered and even bought a cover-up specifically made for breastfeeding. It's just ridiculous!
Humpty Doodle

Blacklick, OH

#2 Jul 28, 2010
How far we've evolved.
Right Wing Lunatic

Garden City, NY

#3 Jul 28, 2010
Lady M wrote:
Come into the millenium people! I breastfed all of my babies and I always felt uncomfortable in public. People stared and one lady shook her head when she saw me once. I was always fully covered and even bought a cover-up specifically made for breastfeeding. It's just ridiculous!
Would you do that in front of your grandfather?
methuselah

Dublin, OH

#5 Jul 28, 2010
Flaunting them sexually is approved of in this sick culture but using them the way they were intended makes the twisted people uncomfortable. Black is white, up is down, evil is good, good is evil.
Irregardless

United States

#6 Jul 28, 2010
Breast feeding in public, even if discreet, isn't wrong...it's just tacky.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
faithnthyme

Bristolville, OH

#7 Jul 28, 2010
Right Wing Lunatic wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, yea and he wouldn't think twice about it since he was breastfed as a baby himself as were his siblings, cousins, neighbors, etc.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Irregardless

United States

#8 Jul 28, 2010
methuselah wrote:
Flaunting them sexually is approved of in this sick culture but using them the way they were intended makes the twisted people uncomfortable. Black is white, up is down, evil is good, good is evil.
...and Obama promised the most accountable and transparent administration in history.
Jack

Wapakoneta, OH

#9 Jul 28, 2010
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Ohio Supreme Court rulled in the late 90's that it's legal for women to go topless in public in Ohio. How can breastfeeeding in public be wrong?

Since: Mar 10

Columbus, OH

#10 Jul 28, 2010
Right Wing Lunatic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm old enough to be a grandfather, and it does not bother me to see a mother breast-feed in public. It's certainly not as distressing as watching some people eat out in public who apparently were never taught table manners. Now THAT I object to.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
tmz

United States

#12 Jul 28, 2010
Irregardless wrote:
How/why is it tacky to feed your child?
hardin county

Mount Vernon, OH

#13 Jul 28, 2010
wake up and smell the coffee your inviting the world to watch you and your child in a personal moment would you be offended if a couple dudes sat down next to you,don't invite trouble do it in Private public affection is also legal but theirs a place for all things
The Happy Crab

Daytona Beach, FL

#15 Jul 28, 2010
Irregardless wrote:
If you really want to see "tacky", I strongly suggest that you look at a mirror.
jtwill84

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 28, 2010
Sounds to me like nobody stopped the woman from breastfeeding in public...she was just given the option of moving into a more private area had she preferred it.
The Happy Crab

Daytona Beach, FL

#17 Jul 28, 2010
Irregardless wrote:
<quoted text>
...and Obama promised the most accountable and transparent administration in history.
Why to idiots like you always have to bring politics into everything. Go find a corner where you can sit and whine. Most of us are really sick of it.
The Happy Crab

Daytona Beach, FL

#20 Jul 28, 2010
hardin county wrote:
wake up and smell the coffee your inviting the world to watch you and your child in a personal moment would you be offended if a couple dudes sat down next to you,don't invite trouble do it in Private public affection is also legal but theirs a place for all things
Not only are you an idiot, but you also need to take some remedial English courses so that you are not advertising your ignorance.
Local News - I luv it

Lakeview, OH

#22 Jul 28, 2010
Well, I LUB b-feeding. Its natural, beautiful & I LUV it!I think the staff was just not happy with theirs :0!
I LUV IT!
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#23 Jul 28, 2010
Irregardless wrote:
I agree, that is the whole point. You'd expect to see it in Walmart.
Barney

Columbus, OH

#25 Jul 28, 2010
jtwill84 wrote:
Sounds to me like nobody stopped the woman from breastfeeding in public...she was just given the option of moving into a more private area had she preferred it.
No, the woman didn't believe it was an "option" but an order. And that's illegal.

Since: Jul 10

AOL

#26 Jul 28, 2010
women UNITE ! ther will be a rally at broad and high saturday morning 10:00am , all women come topless show them whose boss
atv

Portsmouth, OH

#27 Jul 28, 2010
Tacky? Really? It would be tacky to whip it out and expose while feeding, but most mothers have a blanket or some sort of coverup (I did) that hides everything. So what is tacky? Just because you know it's happening? You can't see anything. If that is how your dirty little warped mind works....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American Eagle Outfitters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Eagle has done me wrong!! (Dec '11) May '16 Bryfry 5
Want to make some money buying American Eagle? (Oct '09) Feb '13 Stephanie Huang 2
Another fashion but in the countries least (Jan '13) Jan '13 yassine301 1
News Torrid, American Eagle Outfitters among new sto... (Mar '11) Jun '12 Vickie 65
News Oviedo Marketplace loses American Eagle Outfitt... (Feb '09) Jun '12 Former AE employee 6
AEO Oversized Woven Satchel Bag (Jun '12) Jun '12 April Nguyen 1
Helppp (Jun '12) Jun '12 Mar 1
More from around the web