EDITORIAL: Electric rate relief may b...

EDITORIAL: Electric rate relief may be late and imperfect, but it's better than nothing

There are 2 comments on the Customer Interaction Solutions story from Jul 29, 2007, titled EDITORIAL: Electric rate relief may be late and imperfect, but it's better than nothing. In it, Customer Interaction Solutions reports that:

Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge) Jul. 29--It is unfathomable that it took until the end of July for legislators and utility companies to reach a compromise to mitigate the effects of skyrocketing electric bills. via Customer Interaction Solutions

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Customer Interaction Solutions.

Unbelievable

Alton, IL

#1 Aug 3, 2007
I compared my rates with my friends in MO today. In IL we are running about 13 cents winter and 11 cents summer. In MO they are about 5 cent winter and 9 cent summer. I simply took the electric bills divided by the KWH in order to include all the BS fees etc. In IL we used to be around the same as Missouri is now before our rate increases. This is crazy! My friends in MO didn't believe it until we compared bills!
Scott

Springfield, IL

#2 Aug 10, 2007
The rate bill is a joke. The relief will be minor at best. There is nothing in it that makes it a law to stop them doing it again next year. Only half of the billion dollars is coming to the consumer. The rest goes to other things like a company to monitor ameren power purchases. Wait a minute isn't there all ready a co. that does that CUB (Citizens Utility Board). For us all elec. only money in our pocket will be relief, along with all the other minor help from the bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ameren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mom Sues Ameren After Boy's Shock, 35-Foot Fall... (Apr '07) Sep '16 mahz 9
News 3 injured in accident at central Mo. nuclear plant (Apr '13) Apr '13 kevan 1
News Ameren asks judge to toss lawsuit over boy who ... (Jun '07) Dec '12 cousin 2
News Massive Blackout Continues in St. Louis (Jul '06) Feb '12 homeboy 3
News Ameren donates $50,000 to Heat-Up St. Louis (Nov '11) Nov '11 ROBERT 1
Lake properties (Oct '11) Oct '11 Carol Fenton 1
News One Dead In Motorcycle Accident In North St. Louis (Sep '10) Sep '10 Big J 45
More from around the web