CUB, Ameren speak out on rate hike

Full story: KHQA-TV Quincy

A campaign to fight Ameren's proposed rate hikes is moving across the state. The Citizens Utility Board's "Don't Get Shocked" campaign challenges consumers to contact their state leaders to complain about the ...
Comments
101 - 104 of 104 Comments Last updated Dec 16, 2007
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
jim

Bowling Green, KY

#102 Oct 29, 2007
AmerenCilco is a monopoly. I wrote the Attorney Gereral of Illinois about them and AmerenCilco rote a letter in response saying how the rate increase will help us. Well, let us see what is in the paper. AmerenCilco profits are up 76 percent and people are applying for government aid to heat their homes. I think this speaks more than the AmerenCilco canned reply and the rebate check they gave people were a joke. Write the Attorney General of Illinois and the Better Business Bureau about Amerencilco illegally creating a monopoly. If nothing else you will fell better.
Connie

Aledo, IL

#103 Nov 17, 2007
Well my son is moving and needs new residential customer service, and they got an estimate for $9,186.00. Broken down that is 1 Pole for 2200.00, 1750.000 for a Primary Riser, 354' of line at $9.00 a foot for $3,186.00 ands $2,500.00 for a junction box totaling $9,186.00 from Ameron, and when Mid American Energy was called they said it would be under $500.00 for the same new service. I am appalled. He is moving to be near his wifes family due to health issues, and gets slapped with a bill like this? What can you do anything? Help?
Tony

United States

#104 Dec 13, 2007
Did Ameren post record profits this year?
Jeremy

United States

#105 Dec 16, 2007
Tony wrote:
Did Ameren post record profits this year?
Now that would be hard to answer since the year is not yet over. ultimately the answer will be no AEE did not post record profits for '07. The big oil companies wont post record profits either; exxon-mobil probably wont report a 10 Billion dollar profit for the quarter; maybe just 9 billion. maybe we should freeze the price of crude and gasoline and save all the worlds problems because they are making too much money obviously since all of the facts are crystal clear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ameren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 injured in accident at central Mo. nuclear plant (Apr '13) Apr '13 kevan 1
Ameren asks judge to toss lawsuit over boy who ... (Jun '07) Dec '12 cousin 2
Massive Blackout Continues in St. Louis (Jul '06) Feb '12 homeboy 3
Ameren donates $50,000 to Heat-Up St. Louis (Nov '11) Nov '11 ROBERT 1
Lake properties (Oct '11) Oct '11 Carol Fenton 1
One Dead In Motorcycle Accident In North St. Louis (Sep '10) Sep '10 Big J 45
Ameren UE Promises $5 Million in Energy Assistance (Aug '10) Aug '10 angie 8
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••