Ameren gives $152M in Illinois rate relief

Oct 15, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bizjournals

In the first phase of Ameren Illinois utilities' rate relief program, Ameren distributed more than $152 million in rebates to its electricity customers, the company said Monday. via Bizjournals

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
lillie

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

they are a joke they gave me 302 dollars and i had to turn around and give it right back to them. Thanks for nothing
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2007

It will turn out that way for everyone, lillie. They have the money and they make the rules. The one thing that will bring some fear into their cold hearts is for everyone to install a wind powered unit on their property. We use what we need and sell back to them at the exact rate they are ripping us off for. Only then will they bring down the rates but then they won't be able to because the power won't be in their hands anymore, it will be back in the people's hands where it should have been from the beginning.
lillie

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2007

John let me know how I can get help with a wind generator or solar energy they won't even help me weatherize my trailer for the winter because someone had it weatherized in 1997. Anyway I look over to saint louis and think sometimes I live on the wrong side of the tracks lol river. Illinois law at it's best, can't wait to see my next winter bill.
WhinePatrol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

I think it is great that Ameren is finally shutting off service to the people who did not even have the integrity to attempt to pay their bills for months. To those I say you are getting exactly what you deserve. To those who got a modest refund like myself, we got more that we deserve. You said you had to give it right back to Ameren and ???? Nothing is stopping you from hitching up and makin that trip accross the tracks. We like people to pay for services they use here in Illinois. I have to laugh when you say Ameren should pay for you to winterize. Traditionally those types of things are left to the homeowner or landlord. It started off that way because people use to take pride in earning what was theirs and not be expecting others to maintain their property. If you think Missouri is on easy street you are barking up the wrong tree. I would bet they still expect you to pay your own way. Some people are not satisfied until someone else is paying everything for them.
jim

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

AmerenCilco is a monopoly. I wrote the Attorney Gereral of Illinois about them and AmerenCilco rote a letter in response saying how the rate increase will help us. Well, let us see what is in the paper. AmerenCilco profits are up 76 percent and people are applying for government aid to heat their homes. I think this speaks more than the AmerenCilco canned reply and the rebate check they gave people were a joke. Write the Attorney General of Illinois and the Better Business Bureau about Amerencilco illegally creating a monopoly. If nothing else you will fell better.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2007

Don't throw your shoulder out patting yourself on the back, Whine. The picture is rosier here in Missouri than in Illinois. There are less people and less taxes than Illinois and we pay less per capita for our homes than you. So go on and whine. It does you good to see a proud American who can pay his own bills, so stroke your ego some more. For the ones who want to do for themselves, except for Whineo, look at alternatives and shortcuts at first but start a plan to build a solar collector, a passive unit at first. Black tubing in glass will give a good amount of heat providing you have some southern exposure and some glass and tubing to use. Put the tubing in so the cold air comes in at the bottom and in at the top. In time, your bill will be down to half it's cost. It won't completely replace your heater, but it will augment it some. Wind and solar volcaic is the next thing to look at. A wind generator of about 5 kilowatts will cost between 3500 and 15000 depending what you want. The costlier models come with a computer operated system that will put out enough power for three homes. Pricey but with the company paying you back two to one, it may be the answer, if your credit and code allow it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ameren Discussions

Search the Ameren Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
3 injured in accident at central Mo. nuclear plant (Apr '13) Apr '13 kevan 1
Ameren asks judge to toss lawsuit over boy who ... (Jun '07) Dec '12 cousin 2
Massive Blackout Continues in St. Louis (Jul '06) Feb '12 homeboy 3
Ameren donates $50,000 to Heat-Up St. Louis (Nov '11) Nov '11 ROBERT 1
Lake properties (Oct '11) Oct '11 Carol Fenton 1
One Dead In Motorcycle Accident In North St. Louis (Sep '10) Sep '10 Big J 45
Ameren UE Promises $5 Million in Energy Assistance (Aug '10) Aug '10 angie 8
•••
•••